Training Olivia...

Sheep

I've looked just about everywhere but cannot find a method for training Olivia. She can't handle the very first prologue/battle chapters because she dies from 2 hits. The most I can do is keep a weaponless character as a meatshield while Olivia continues to dance to allow another character to move again, but.. the exp she gets from that is so, so low.

Is there a method to train her a little faster? :(

I don't have DLC (yay for Discover not being a viable payment method) and have been trying to use Reeking Boxes on early chapters, but like I said in my first post, she keeps dying in 2 hits in the very very first story chapters. :(

I don't have DLC (yay for Discover not being a viable payment method) and have been trying to use Reeking Boxes on early chapters, but like I said in my first post, she keeps dying in 2 hits in the very very first story chapters. :(

If you don't care for turns... Anychapter with a non-movable boss is perfect. I used 90+ turns in my first playthrough against Ch14's boss.

If you don't care for turns... Anychapter with a non-movable boss is perfect. I used 90+ turns in my first playthrough against Ch14's boss.

I'll probably have to go down this route, yeah. Going to see if I can buy an eShop code when I'm out or something for that DLC. v_v Thank you guys!

Try slapping someone like Frederick or Kellam on her as pairup? She has sufficient speed on her own, so what she really wants is strength and defense. And if you have anyone with Rally Spectrum (MU? Morgan? hire a legacy character, maybe? If you don't mind grinding characters that aren't Olivia, any one of them can get Grandmaster, and if you do, Saias is the only one that comes with it but he's kinda expensive, the cheapest I found is Horace at 10800G with Rally Def as a substitute), that's a free +4 to everything as well. Kiting enemies will probably help too. Don't worry if she can only get 1 or 2 kills per skirmish at first, but once she gets to level 10 just reclass and she'll be much easier to deal with.

Kellam gives +3str/+5spd at base, IIRC, and with a rally spectrum you can get 9 extra defense on her. Make it 11 if you want to buy her a defense tonic too, they're cheap and available as early as chapter 3.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Grab a weak spotpass team like Mist's, and pair Olivia up with someone durable. Hopefully the spotpass team spawns on a map with good terrain (I love Ch.7 for this). Plop Olivia on the mountain and's good to go.

Summon mist's team, kill everybody but her and then make olivia dance. It will take a lot of time but eventually she will reach level 30. If you want to continue abusing that, reclass her to dancer again and do that until you want. Mist is a cleric so she can't do damage and won't do anything.

Edited by Nobody

This precisely.... and the first sentence as a warning, and if Olivia's still a dancer.

Personally, I first used Chapter 13 to grind her after all the reinforcements and everyone but the boss was dead. But you can also do the whole dancing thing in her recruit chapter, by making sure to kill the reinforcements and staying out of Gangrel's (and the enemy units around him) range. That's what I always do now.

Otherwise, I say Reeking Boxes on the early Chapter maps if you already reclassed her.

What everyone was saying.

Patience.

She's fragile and will take patience if you don't have DLC to go and level her up easily.

Here's a visual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54SWZCWH_A

Without paragon, she takes roughly 237 turns to get to Level 30 counting the time it took me to mop up Gangrel's mooks.

Turn animations off and memory cursor on if you want to get it done faster.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wow, thanks so much for the replies, guys! I'm tinkering with everything that's been suggested to find what works best for me. Olivia is currently lv. 23 (still a Dancer) and she's doing much better. :)

Edited by Sheep

Try slapping someone like Frederick or Kellam on her as pairup? She has sufficient speed on her own, so what she really wants is strength and defense. And if you have anyone with Rally Spectrum (MU? Morgan? hire a legacy character, maybe? If you don't mind grinding characters that aren't Olivia, any one of them can get Grandmaster, and if you do, Saias is the only one that comes with it but he's kinda expensive, the cheapest I found is Horace at 10800G with Rally Def as a substitute), that's a free +4 to everything as well. Kiting enemies will probably help too. Don't worry if she can only get 1 or 2 kills per skirmish at first, but once she gets to level 10 just reclass and she'll be much easier to deal with.

Kellam gives +3str/+5spd at base, IIRC, and with a rally spectrum you can get 9 extra defense on her. Make it 11 if you want to buy her a defense tonic too, they're cheap and available as early as chapter 3.

Ninja'd. Having her actually fight speeds things up a lot and using pair up can cover her weaknesses nicely. I paired her with barbarian/berserker Gregor and things didn't take too long to get up to speed. Mine's now had 60 levels in 3 classes and can kill stuff nicely... but still lacks defence.

I've been pairing her with Fred for a nice STR and DEF boost, which has been helping a lot. SpotPass +pairing up seems to be the method I enjoy most and it's been serving me quite well so far!

Is she still a Dancer? Trap an archer and Dance all the way to 30. It's boring, but it's the safest way.

^ this

I reclass her to Assassin and literally Lethality to her Limit Breaker cap then Dancer again.

Bonds from Bride class for her is interesting too, since she'll be healing her surroundings after dancing.

Try Dual Guard+ on Chrom and 'solo' in Lost Bloodline 3 to grind her way up. Vantage and Lethality comes into play.