!!Warning!! New Challenger Approaches

Verdant Shade

Look who decided to stop lurking for who knows how long. Where to begin? . . .

Introduction To Fire Emblem

Well, I suppose I start with Melee, where I first encountered Fire Emblem. Marth and Roy were instant favorites thanks to their agile fighting style with sword in hand, much like what I want to achieve with my martial arts-though I use Katana and Wakizashi over a Holy Rapier or Flaming Brand any day. Despite playing loving strategy games, having a GBA, having a Gamecube, and, y'know, reading about Fire Emblem, something never clicked about the series being a strategy game in my head, even after SSBB came out and I had glared at Ike for his heavy fighting style-until I realized that, though I failed to PLAY as Ike well, I certainly tag teamed remarkably with him as a CPU.

The turning point came with the Ambassador system. There was Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones just plopped unceremoniously onto my SD card, alongside titles I'd 100%'ed before, and titles I'd not know existed. Instead of going with instincts and speed-running magic mirror so I'd have Sound Test complete for my leisure, I selected Sacred Stones without a second thought, still forgetting the fact that FE was a strategy series.

What followed? Well, I wouldn't even dare to claim I could remember it, other than that fourty-two percent hit one percent critical that made me restart. Twice. But I had found something that had slipped under my nose for far, far too long.

Then came the nightmare modules, throwing out all my old roms to make room for all the emulators I'd need for the FE experience, finding the FE wiki, and stumbling around with translation patches. To be honest, up until Awakening the only game I'd played significantly is Sacred Stones, but I've also played pieces of Path of Radiance, Thracia 776, and Gaiden.

Then Awakening came, and I'm sinking hours into it. I finally found Serene's itself after being directed to it for information while on the Gamefaqs message board. And here I am.

About that Username over there

Hollow_Shade is a placeholder, a beta. You see, I'm gearing up to start a Youtube channel and Blog at the same time, and I've a good idea of my future alias - but I want to lay on the finishing touches.

The alias is supposed to be two parts - (Green) Shade

The color green has always been my favorite color, and I like it not just because of it's, erm, color, but its meanings. Yet I'm not simply going to put green shade-I've been ruminating on things like Verdant, Emerald, Beryl, Jade, or Serpentine Shade. Each holds a different connotation to me, and so it's a "Chose Wisely" situation-unless I take a third option that I'm looking into as well, but that's a secret to everybody. Unless someone happens to suggest the same method I'm thinking of in this thread. . . but what are the chances of that?

Shade brings to my mind several things - the name itself came when dealing with that generic Fantasy enemy, Shades, the ones which are a reflection of shadows. It's more than that, however, as my nature usually means I leave parties early, shy away from crowds, and generally keep to only a small groups of associates. I certainly want to lend a hand-but I don't want to stick around for the reward or the praise, preferring the solitude of the shadows instead. I may not speak in a whole debate, but I'm certainly focused on it.

You still probably don't have a good picture of me, but that will come with time. Perhaps reposting some of my old Fire Emblem related things, from other usernames on other message boards, would provide some clues?

--------------- Skills for Monsters if they Were in awakening (Unedited, even includes my terrible joke at the end.) Posted as Gamefaqsatron --------------------

(Revenant Level 1):

(Revenant Level 15):

(Entombed Level 5):

(Entombed Level 15):

Hp +20 (Cyclops Level 5): +20 to Max Hp.

Titan Strength (Cyclops Level 20): +5 Atk when equipped with physical weapons and +1 range to ranged weapons but doubles weapon usage rate. (Yes, Armthrift would negate this.)

Ill Omen (Mogall Level 1): -4 Luck to adjacent enemies.

(Mogall Level 10):

Scourge (Arch Mogall Level 5): -2 to all stats to enemies within 3 spaces.

Shadow Shot (Arch Mogall Level 15): +2 range to all magic attacks. (Hidden Effect:Can double with Mire!)

(Gorgon Level 1):

Magic Surge (Gorgon Level 20): Use action command to grant Mag +10 and deal 10 damage to one unit.

(Sword/Lance/Bow) Adept (Bonewalker Level 1/5/10):

Submerge (Bonewalker Level 10): When traversing water can only be seen by adjacent units.

(Wight Level 5):

(Wight Level 15):

Terrain Boost + (Bael Level 1): Doubles Terrain Effects

Venom (Bael Level 15): A successful hit poison the enemy, dealing slight damage for up to five turns regardless of Def.

Webbing (Elder Bael Level 5): Chance to disable enemy actions for one turn. Trigger = (

(Elder Bael Level 15):

Assault (Tarvos Level 1): +5 Atk for 5 turns.

Stampede (Tarvos Level 15): Add (Spd/2) to attack. Trigger = (Spd/2%)

Intimidate (Maelduin Level 5): When attacking enemy units are inflicted with -10 Hit/Crit.

(Maelduin Level 15):

Hit Rate +10 (Mauthe Doog Level 1): +10 to Hit. (This skill appears in the normal game, but only on Lunatic and above.)

(Mauthe Doog Level 10):

Blood Lust (Gwyllgi Level 5):+1 Mov and +5 Spd/Str after killing an enemy or on arriving to the battlefield for three turns.

(Gwyllgi Level 15):

(Gargoyle Level 1):

Opportunist (Gargoyle Level 10): +5 Atk when performing a Dual Strike

Pursuit (Deathgoyle Level 5): Initiates a second round of combat if Speed is at least 5 points higher than the opponent's. Trigger Rate (After requirements are met) = (Speed / 2)

Desperation (Deathgoyle Level 15): +30 Hit/Dodge if under half HP.

(List is very incomplete. Lacks Draco Zombies, White Dragons, and Phantoms. As compensation. . . )

Copyright Lawsuit (Balrog Level 30): Summons an angry attorney waiving a flimsy copyright infringement case who proceeds to begin a very one-sided court case. Unless you can recruit a legendary bird, the Balrog wins the case and leaves your cartridge, possibly bricking your game in the process.

Hi and welcome to serenes forest!

Thank you. It's nice to be somewhere with a good Fire Emblem Fanbase.

Read the rules and enjoy yourself!

Take that Eclipse.

Did that before hand, but it's always good to be reminded.

Ouch, that hurt?

hello welcome to the forest

Thanks, those are some nice trees you got here.