Is it for love, or perhaps something more?

Cordelia didn't abuse Severa or use her as a guinea pig for curses. Severa was simply never as talented as her mother and got the wrong damned idea about Cordelia's "obsession" with Chrom (she actually thought Cordelia abandoned her for Chrom, which is not true). I think Cordelia still thought of Chrom as a good friend even after getting married to another man and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I do find it amusing that people are willing to bash Tharja for her behavior as a mom, yet not even glance at Cordelia's poor parenting skills towards Severa which made her develop an inferiority complex.

The inferiority complex comes from others, not Cordelia. Whenever Severa did anything, she'd not do as well as expected of the daughter of the perfectly perceived Cordelia, and they'd make that known to her. Years of this is what caused her inferiority complex.

Unfortunately, Cordelia had died in battle with Chrom by this point, and as such could not set the record straight.

Yeah, and Cordelia states herself that she wants Severa to grow up happy and healthy. And that she'd never abandon her. Severa got really confused and messed up, but it wasn't her mother's fault.

Cordelia sounds like she'd be a great mom. I'd have a male Avatar marry her if not for my liking of her and Frederick together if I don't play a female Avatar.

Edited by Anacybele

The rape thing is usually brought up on youtube as a funny joke, but I'm also a person that never thought of it. Personally, I find the notion of her doing that at all to be rather repulsive, though I'm not gonna be blind and say people are wrong for thinking that way. I prefer to just think she locked Avatar in her room and tickled his feet all night.

But I do find it amusing that people are willing to bash Tharja for her behavior as a mom, yet not even glance at Cordelia's poor parenting skills towards Severa which made her develop an inferiority complex.

That wasn't actually Cordelia's fault, other people compared the two and saw Cordelia as the less flawed i.e. "perfect" one. Been compared unfavorably to her mother is what caused her complex.

Cordelia kills my feels and sense of morals every time I start a new playthrough. On one hand, she's a likable character and I understand her frustration at being considered a genius and having expectations heaped upon you, even self-made ones. It's not fun in the slightest. On the other hand, I'm on of those who believes she's not mentally faithful to her family... and sort-of keeps the idea of a relationship with Chrom as a "what-if" scenerio, as a far-off dream. And THAT... kills me. Especially because my Cordelia OTP is her and Gregor. [/sniff] Gods, Gregor, I'm sorry... my headcanon is awful to you and you don't deserve it.

You know what? This thread needs some Gregor love. This guy is just so fucking nice, and he loves helping people out with their problems and making them smile, even if it harms him in the process. I mean, I know Gregor's not the handsomest or most bishonen guy of the bunch, but he seriously deserves a HELL of a lot more love.

Edited by Vashiane

In defense of Chrom, he says a lot of times that he's trying to follow Emm's path and, as much as I love Emm, she could be an IDIOT sometimes.

Switching to the favorable Gregor topic, he is awesomeness and one of the few reasons I don't have female!Avatar marry him is because I like that support the least of his. And, considering how that support is, that should tell people just how hard it is for me to find a wife for awesome Gregor! Currently I have him with Miriel, because I liked the idea of him teaching her, but... (which is actually related to the main topic! Supports over gameplay and looks).

Edited by Kat

I honestly don't get what Cordelia sees in Chrom other than good looks. In fact, that might really be all she sees... >.> It's the only thing I'd be disappointed in her for though.

I honestly don't get what Cordelia sees in Chrom other than good looks. In fact, that might really be all she sees... >.> It's the only thing I'd be disappointed in her for though.

There's a support of hers, Ricken's I think, that implies that she used to work herself to the bone and he basically told her that she didn't have to do that, or something. I might be misremembering, but, if I'm remembering correctly, that implies that he's one of the few that doesn't think she has to be perfect, or something.

Oh, I see. Well, that's better than liking Chrom only for his looks. Still, I think Cordy deserves better than him. Much better. I'm more glad than disappointed that she can't marry him, because I honestly think she would discover that he's not the right husband for her at all. Not to mention that life as a royal would be hard for her.

Edited by Anacybele

It's the only thing I don't like about idealistic heroes: they're so trusting. If someone told you that they could stab you in the back any time they wanted, would you seriously recruit that person into your army, let alone become friends with them, let alone marry them?

In terms of the trusting part, then you might as well tell Chrom that he shouldn't have recruited Robin! Because, if you can read MaMU/Chrom's supports, MaMU is clearly concerned about Chrom's overly trusting personality. (I wish they made FeMU/Chrom's supports something similar instead of the whole I saw you naked and you saw me naked, so let's marry!) And it's actually Chrom who recruited Tharja in though, not sure where the whole stalking starts with the MU/Avatar. Someone else mentioned this somewhere too.

I don't think we ever know how Cordelia raised her kid though. But as Vashiane stated, Severa's inferiority complex did develop due to how other people treated her and compared her to her mother. I can't and I won't blame Cordelia for being something like a 'genius' at everything she does (except with guys, which she seems to also like to remind us of!) though... Doesn't stop me from seeing Cordelia as someone annoying. Please ignore my username history on this.

He's a great lord and person. Kat got some of the points too. Chrom isn't just about good looks, wtf man. If anything, her own "relationship" issues are a huge let-down about Cordelia.

She and Tharja are one of the people at the bottom of my "waifus" to marry as a MaMU. Then again, I already stated the only two women I'd marry as a MaMU anyway so.

There's a support of hers, Ricken's I think, that implies that she used to work herself to the bone and he basically told her that she didn't have to do that, or something. I might be misremembering, but, if I'm remembering correctly, that implies that he's one of the few that doesn't think she has to be perfect, or something.

I believe that's one. Or maybe it was Henry's. I know at least she shows herself as someone who does a lot of things for the army in her supports with Henry.

Oh, I see. Well, that's better than liking Chrom only for his looks. Still, I think Cordy deserves better than him. Much better. I'm more glad than disappointed that she can't marry him, because I honestly think she would discover that he's not the right husband for her at all. Not to mention that life as a royal would be hard for her.

I agree with the part about being glad that Cordelia can't marry Chrom. Only that Chrom actually deserves a better woman, just as it makes perfect sense with Tharja (then again, she isn't of noble family or anything so that's another reason why she's not a candidate).

Oh yeah, I don't think I saw any Azure/Inigo love here. :(

Edited by Shirley

Well yeah, I never said Chrom wasn't a good person. But not every good person would make an ideal lover for the same girl. All the Shepherds are good people, but Cordelia isn't crushing on every male Shepherd out there.

I find it difficult to imagine that anyone working on Awakening could have worked on PoR-RD...

...except for whoever it was, who decided that a well written script was too much for their audience, resulting in the two scripts of RD.

The involvement of that person would explain sooo much about Awakenings writing.

Whos is this that person?

Cordelia's apparent crush for Chrom apparently comes from when he came to her aid when she was in training. That's all that was put into the game, as far as I know. She also reads romance novels about forbidden love, so maybe it evolved through that.

It's a pretty petty reason to hold some form of love for someone just for being helpful to her, which is why I hold her to so much dislike. Being nice to people doesn't always hint at romantic feelings.

You know what? This thread needs some Gregor love. This guy is just so fucking nice, and he loves helping people out with their problems and making them smile, even if it harms him in the process. I mean, I know Gregor's not the handsomest or most bishonen guy of the bunch, but he seriously deserves a HELL of a lot more love.

Know what? I'll jump in on this too. Gregor is fucking awesome. I love his badass smirk too and his teachings of love. He even throws Miriel for a loop and makes Lon'qu look like a bitch.

Gregor for best character in the game?

Gregor and Virion is downright the best written male character in this game

Okay, I'll reprise, best written character in the game.

Mostly because(outside of being awesome at their own rights)

1. Frederick is neurotic

2. And appeared in story

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

In terms of the trusting part, then you might as well tell Chrom that he shouldn't have recruited Robin! Because, if you can read MaMU/Chrom's supports, MaMU is clearly concerned about Chrom's overly trusting personality. (I wish they made FeMU/Chrom's supports something similar instead of the whole I saw you naked and you saw me naked, so let's marry!) And it's actually Chrom who recruited Tharja in though, not sure where the whole stalking starts with the MU/Avatar. Someone else mentioned this somewhere too.

I don't think we ever know how Cordelia raised her kid though. But as Vashiane stated, Severa's inferiority complex did develop due to how other people treated her and compared her to her mother. I can't and I won't blame Cordelia for being something like a 'genius' at everything she does (except with guys, which she seems to also like to remind us of!) though... Doesn't stop me from seeing Cordelia as someone annoying. Please ignore my username history on this.

He's a great lord and person. Kat got some of the points too. Chrom isn't just about good looks, wtf man. If anything, her own "relationship" issues are a huge let-down about Cordelia.

She and Tharja are one of the people at the bottom of my "waifus" to marry as a MaMU. Then again, I already stated the only two women I'd marry as a MaMU anyway so.

I believe that's one. Or maybe it was Henry's. I know at least she shows herself as someone who does a lot of things for the army in her supports with Henry.

I agree with the part about being glad that Cordelia can't marry Chrom. Only that Chrom actually deserves a better woman, just as it makes perfect sense with Tharja (then again, she isn't of noble family or anything so that's another reason why she's not a candidate).

Oh yeah, I don't think I saw any Azure/Inigo love here. :(

Username ignored. :)

That's a thing that never gets explained, Tharja's sudden obsession with the Avatar. Now, if the Avatar could actually recruit people, then that would make sense - love at first sight... but Chrom's the recruiter. Although it would have been interesting indeed if Chrom was the one she fell in love with first, THEN switched her attention over. Hmm. Brainstorming.

But onto the trust issues, I'm glad ONE of the avatars addressed it. I understand it goes with the archetype, but sometimes I seriously question Chrom's thought processes. Seriously Chrom you can't tell your tents apart that's a problem. He actually reminds me a bit of that coversation you have with DLC Eirika. They're quite similar.

Gregor for best character indeed. You have my vote, and I agree with I Have A Dragon Boner, between him, Virion and Lon'qu, there's some excellent writing in there.

Chrom is somewhat worse than Eirika

I mean, sure Eirika showed hints that she CAN become evil/antagonist for some reason as if she is ignorant if theres a sequel, but post chapter 11 Chrom is on an entirely new level of stupidity

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Chrom is somewhat worse than Eirika

I mean, sure Eirika showed hints that she CAN become evil/antagonist if theres a sequel, but post chapter 11 Chrom is on an entirely new level of stupidity

Frederick: We just got out of a war, are you sure we should fight them? We don't have the men, money or resources to launch into another war, and the only country with said resources is our enemy. I really thing you should -

Chrom: Shut up, Frederick, it's justice time. CRUSADE FOR PEACE!

Eesh, Chrom... and you're supposed to be the one with the better head on his shoulders? I need to rethink my headcanons...

Edited by Vashiane

Hey, you learn some backstory and stuff about other characters besides them! Frederick went through trauma as a little boy and is from a village in the hills (not to mention he knits), Gaius once saved the lives of both Maribelle AND her father and actually has a good heart even though he might not seem like it, Cherche was studying to be a healer before she met Minerva, and so on.

EDIT: lol well put, Vashiane. Shows how much better Frederick would actually be as a ruler than the actual prince.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, you learn some backstory and stuff about other characters besides them! Frederick went through trauma as a little boy and is from a village in the hills (not to mention he knits), Gaius once saved the lives of both Maribelle AND her father and actually has a good heart even though he might not seem like it, Cherche was studying to be a healer before she met Minerva, and so on.

True, true. But Gregor is just a FOUNTAIN of backstories. The female equivalent of this is Cherche - look at all the backstory you pick up from her!

And Gaius is sweeter than a honey cake at times, given fact. :)

Frederick: We just got out of a war, are you sure we should fight them? We don't have the men, money or resources to launch into another war, and the only country with said resources is our enemy. I really thing you should -

Chrom: Shut up, Frederick, it's justice time. CRUSADE FOR PEACE!

Eesh, Chrom... and you're supposed to be the one with the better head on his shoulders? I need to rethink my headcanons...

Urgh, I still remembered that thing. I mean, its the same country that tried to invade them, AND you just killed heir king

How the fuck did that happen?

Truthfully, I find Chrom kinda generic and not suited for making difficult decisions. I understand that the Avatar is a very important friend/lover/whatever to him, but an exalt who thinks that it's a better idea to put the big bad boss to sleep for future generations to deal with instead of having one person finish him off for good? Remember FE10, where Elincia realized that she had to let Lucia die to give Crimea the future it deserved? In Chrom's case, it's not just the future of Ylisse, but the world. I don't mind Chrom lovers who see a lot in him, sadly I don't. :P:

Urgh, I still remembered that thing. I mean, its the same country that tried to invade them, AND you just killed heir king

How the fuck did that happen?

His conversation with Walhart revealed that he is no less better than him. But like all other promising premises, it got ignored entirely. Seriously, why should he invade Valm when he able to defend the coast with relative ease?

Edited by Shengar

True, true. But Gregor is just a FOUNTAIN of backstories. The female equivalent of this is Cherche - look at all the backstory you pick up from her!

And Gaius is sweeter than a honey cake at times, given fact. :)

He is? I only recall him having saved infant Minerva and taking his dead brother's name. But whatevs. I'm not saying he's a bad character, just not a favorite.

As for the comparision of Chrom to Elincia, I didn't think Elincia was actually able to decide anything at all in her case. Ike and company just happened to show up at the right time.

As for the comparision of Chrom to Elincia, I didn't think Elincia was actually able to decide anything at all in her case. Ike and company just happened to show up at the right time.

Elincia had decided to let Lucia die for the sake of Crima's future. Ike just showed up at the right time to save Lucia. Compare her to Chrom who insists the Avatar doesn't sacrifice himself/herself when the future of the world was at stake.

Gregor is a cool guy, and so is Virion. Frederick is alright.

For Cordelia, IMO in most of her pairings she gets over Chrom (Gregor, Virion, Lon'qu, Stahl, Kellam, and Male Avatar to name a few), but for a few she is merely settling. (Okay I only really get the feeling that she didn't get over Chrom if you have her marry Frederick)

Edited by Kamina