Editing Anyone Into a Completely Personalized Character?

blyegg

So, I was wondering if there was a tutorial showing me how I can take a character, let's say Lyn, and change her portrait, her name, her class, her base stats, her growth rates, and everything about her, into whatever I choose.

Is there?

Please don't link me to the Ultimate Tutorial. I'm talking about something specifically for this.

you would need to change her name in fe editor and then insert a new portrait, either over were lyns is or you can insert it into free space and re-point lyns portrait in nightmare

growths thats just some nightmare

all of this is covered in the ultimate tutorial

Edited by Cyron

You'll want to look for something along the lines of a FEditor and/or Nightmare tutorial. It's pretty much just looking for the chapter number in the Ultimate Tutorial you need.

From looking at the Ultimate Tutorial, I figured out how to change stats only. From FEeditor, I now know how to change portraits.

And for changing the characters name in the story, I'm assuming it would be opening up the Text Editors and ctrl+f ing, and changing every instance of "Lyn" to the new charcter's name.

Affinity was easy.

But, I still don't know how to: change the ACTUAL NAME (the one that shows up when you look at stats), her class, and her rankings (I once changed Lyn's sword rank to none and Staff to A, but when I opened up the ROM, she could still use the Iron Sword).

EDIT: forget the ACTUAL NAME thing above. i failed.

EDIT: also don't know how to change animation.

Edited by BlueWyvern4

Making a new character is a combination of various hacking skills and isn't covered directly because most people who want a new character want several of them and want to do other stuff besides just replace Lyn with their own character or something. That being said it's not as simple as you might think it would be, but it's not hard either. A combination of Nightmare and FEditor Adv can do almost everything you want once you know the right modules/parts (Character Editor, maybe the class editor, FEditor portrait editor, FEditor text editor, FEditor's class animation manager, and the Chapter Unit Editor).

Making a new character is a combination of various hacking skills and isn't covered directly because most people who want a new character want several of them and want to do other stuff besides just replace Lyn with their own character or something. That being said it's not as simple as you might think it would be, but it's not hard either. A combination of Nightmare and FEditor Adv can do almost everything you want once you know the right modules/parts (Character Editor, maybe the class editor, FEditor portrait editor, FEditor text editor, FEditor's class animation manager, and the Chapter Unit Editor).

Actually, I'm just trying to figure out the basics of hacking before I attempt making my own hack. So I'm trying to replace Lyn with Fir. I've already done the text (had to go install java) and now i'm going to do portraits (after i find one). Actually, if someone has an FEeditor adv compatible Fir portrait, can that person link me to it?

Yeah, i couldn't find it, so could someone link/send it to me? Pretty please with a FE13 on top?

Edited by BlueWyvern4

You can easily make your own by finding a portrait of Fir on a sprite resource site (spriters resource, sprite database, FEPlanet, etc). (This is the hackbox: http://puu.sh/369EJ).

Or you could just load up a FE6 rom in FEditor and copy the sheet from that.

Or you could just load up a FE6 rom in FEditor and copy the sheet from that.

Why didn't I realize this sooner... I know why - it's because I'm an idiot!!!

I changed Lyn's name to Fir (and had a run-in with Firdis) and got the portrait working.

Now all I Have to do is:

1. Change Lyn's stats and growth rates to Fir's.

2. Change her class to myrmidon (no idea how to do this...).

post-8398-0-36597200-1371756288_thumb.png

post-8398-0-45943500-1371756293_thumb.png

Edited by BlueWyvern4

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, June 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, June 20, 2013 - No reason given

Ignore, accidental double post.

Edited by BlueWyvern4

Change the stats with the Chapter Unit Editor.

I did it with the Character Editor. Whatever.

I got the female myrmidon sprite on her, and put her affinity and her stats (and her growth rates).

Now, what's left:

Figure out how to edit the prologue chapter in nightmare! I don't have a module for it!

EDIT: FOUND IT.

EDIT: Yes! Lyn is now completely been changed into Fir!

EDIT: Um, in the 4th pic... that's the male myrmidon, isn't it.

post-8398-0-96798700-1371758625_thumb.png

post-8398-0-52513600-1371758628_thumb.png

post-8398-0-92005100-1371759489_thumb.png

post-8398-0-46996900-1371760218_thumb.png

Edited by BlueWyvern4

What I think has happened is that because there are no girl myrmidons in FE7, there isn't a female myrmidon animation. You'll have to import that and have Fir's class point to it.

*facepalm*

I'm forgetting so many things today... I'm going insane.

I dumped the female myrmidon sprite from 6 to my clipboard, and i was about to go paste it the male one in 7, but then i realized that that would make Guy female (lame). So how would I insert it and have the-now-Fir (originally Lyn) be able to use it, without making guy's battle sprite female?

Guy is not the generic myrmidon. :E

Yeah, but I might as well figure out how to insert animations and assign them, so... (This isn't actually a hack, it's just practice.)

Sigh...

Now, Nightmare's giving me the following error message:

"an unnamed file was not found"

The issue was fixed!

Okay, I can't seem to get the sprite to work. I usually have animations off anyways...

So, I guess it was a partial sucess.

Thanks to everybody who helped me!

Edited by BlueWyvern4

• 2 weeks later...

Use nightmare to full customize your Lyn, You also can use Character maker 1999 for the sprites he is handsome!

For Lyn stats character editor and Class editor change the max stats if you want!

Nightmare make the things a cup of tea but the problem gonna be tutorials!.

Use nightmare to full customize your Lyn, You also can use Character maker 1999 for the sprites he is handsome!

For Lyn stats character editor and Class editor change the max stats if you want!

Nightmare make the things a cup of tea but the problem gonna be tutorials!.

You did, like, read the thread, right?