What are you hoping WON'T be in the next FE? Or wouldn't be against being removed?

The Void

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the whole thing about it is that you shouldn't be able to wield a powerful axe as fast as you do a slim sword, it's unrealistic. I find the costs weight add to a character help make the game more challenging. Perhaps more light alternatives to weapons might help improve the system, or make the games like FE5, where Con can increase with level, but removing the weight system didn't solve any problems to me, I personally was fine with the way it was. That is of course, my opinion, I can see why some people dislike it.

it doesn't matter if it's realistic, what matters is the gameplay balance

and quite frankly, the weight system has been a piece of shit throughout the series

I never found it a bother, I personally liked weight. This is my opinion of course.

I didn't know FE was supposed to be realistic.

Have you seen any flying horses lately? And people with blue hair?

I happen to be part of an illegal group of marauders who steal horses from ranches and then drop them from an airplane. You can recognize a member of our gang by their brightly dyed blue hair.

and quite frankly, the weight system has been a piece of shit throughout the series

it's pretty good in TRS and frankly that game has a really bad weight system. it's only not a problem because there are a bunch of weapons (namely swords).

it's pretty good in TRS and frankly that game has a really bad weight system. it's only not a problem because there are a bunch of weapons (namely swords).

which is it dondon

(besides TRS isn't technically a Fire Emblem game even if it is extremely similar)

i'm just saying that the weight system is really bad in TRS because it uses the FE4 weight system (where there is no stat that offsets weapon weight), yet it doesn't feel bad because of the huge variety of weapons with different weapon weights. this shows that the problem in more contemporary weight systems (where con or build does offset weapon weight) is not innate to the systems themselves.

It's not as though you are forced to use it or anything...

I don't get the "reclassing sucks" arguments, particularly when they mention it destroys individuality

that covers FE11/12, but everyone gets a (relatively) unique set of base classes in Awakening

of course there's weebs like Rey that always prefer base classes, WEEEEEEBBBB

honestly i think that a really innovative system would allow for FE11/12-style reclassing but only among 2 unique classes per character (like in FE13, except not 3 classes).

so basically FE13 with one fewer base class and no level reset or FE11/12 with only two classes per character

(this is what you're basically saying, right)

Edited by shadykid

but then I couldn't go around in postgame with my maxed out Dark Flier Cordelia and murder everything

Make second seals reset levels and only exist in postgame

so basically FE13 with one fewer base class and no level reset or FE11/12 with only two classes per character

(this is what you're basically saying, right)

yeah let's find all of the ways to say something different with the same meaning =P

• 3 weeks later...

- No Avatar : it just destroys the games

- Open fields map : which implies less strategy

- Childrens & weddings : it's just bad fan service

- High caps : destroys the balance

- Fan Service : stop

- DLC : stop

- Dual attack : LUCK BASED

- bad plot

- Nosferatu

- some loli like Nowi.

But I don't want Pair Up to be removed, it can be more interesting if it was less broken (for example, pair up should be useless against huge waves of ennemis but nice against bosses)

Edited by Missile