Am I the only one?

DeSu

Ok, So I've been through the game, oh, about three times. Each time I went through, my Roy has been awesome. He kills EVERYTHING. 2HKOed the final boss. But lots of people and places have been telling me that Roy sucks. Do I have a RNG blessed Roy, or is Roy actually good?

Oh, is that the only reason why? Because of his late promotion? Well I could agree with that, but if you let him kill the enemies on that level he can level up fairly quickly. And then he'll have a few levels after to fight, if you got the extra chapters.

Roy is a good unit, depending on whether you have the time to level him up. For me he turned out great, and killed everything which stood in his way. He can be very powerful but only if you seriously want to level him up and I don't think he sucks.

Roy is a decent character. He has convenient supports with Alan and Lance that give lots of strength and avoid. The Sword of Seals is overrated, but it's still the best weapon in the game. On the other hand, Roy is like his father in that he's a well-rounded unit with no distinct strengths or weaknesses.

Roy is a decent character. He has convenient supports with Alan and Lance that give lots of strength and avoid. The Sword of Seals is overrated, but it's still the best weapon in the game. On the other hand, Roy is like his father in that he's a well-rounded unit with no distinct strengths or weaknesses.

How dare you!

Roy, like it's been said, his late promotion is not good for him. He, like his father, does have nice balanced stats though. Really, if he didn't promote so late, he'd be very nice, just like daddy.

Roy is totally better than Eliwood! <_<

Not really, in raw stats, they're nearly equal, with Roy having superior Luck and Eliwood having superior defenses. The main difference is the promotion time.

Okay, but please try to calm down :lol:

I am calm. I just like exclamation points!!1

Not really, in raw stats, they're nearly equal, with Roy having superior Luck and Eliwood having superior defenses. The main difference is the promotion time.

<_< Wel then, my Eliwood must get RNG screwed everygame, cuz he always turns out mediorce. I WISH my Eliwood could be half as good as Roy.

<_< Wel then, my Eliwood must get RNG screwed everygame, cuz he always turns out mediorce. I WISH my Eliwood could be half as good as Roy.

Well, that's life. The RNG can mess really good characters up. Heck, it's possible for someone like Est to only get one at a time level ups, though that's rare business. Folks like Zealot and Old Marcus could get perfect level ups.

My views exactly.

Folks like Zealot and Old Marcus could get perfect level ups.

And that would be the end of the world as we know it

Roy? He is better than old man in FE6 like Marcus, Niime or Dayan...that's it. Really, he's so weak without that sword. I think that you are lucky to have a strong Roy. Have ever seen a max lv Hector have 18 str and 21 def?

My Roy had 10 strength at level 20 - *AFTER* I fed him an Energy Ring to boost it because he was worthless. I got screwed bad, my Roy is weak, has pretty mediocre defense (11 for a frontliner melee) and overall mediocre HP (31). He does have plenty of speed and skill and a fair amount of luck, but he's like a Myrmidon without the criticals.

I hope that after he finally promotes (one more level to go- ABOUT TIME), I hope that I can train him so he can actually dent the final boss. Lilina is so much stronger than him - I think we know who's going to be wearing the pants in that relationship. She's a level 10 sage and already boasting 28 magic. That's power right there.

I guess I am just lucky. My Roy is like a mix between a swordmaster and a general. Great strength and speed, good skill and def. He was REALLY lacking in res though, but meh. Mages are usually toast by the time they get near him.