38 members have voted

1. 1. Paladin/Nomad Trooper

• Kent
    • Sain
    • Marcus
    • Lowen
    • Isadora
    • Rath

Yes, but Matt is good for Fund and EXP ranks and can make a HUGE difference. But neither this nor that has nothing to do with what I've said. And Fox, don't forget: Again, their class and their aspects are what they're are. All units in this game can fight and do physical damage. Thats all you need to compare them. I see no reason for them not being able to be comparable. And hell, if I can't compare them then what am I doing here?

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are STILL at it? I should make a new topic called "RANDOM DEBATE"... nah to lazy.

Well, you could try to make a less one sided debate, such as the Paladin one in Sword of Seals. Lance, Alan, and Percival proved to be good competitors. Your General debate was a Bors paradise. Obviously Kent or Sain had this thing in the bag. Let's see, a Blazing Sword Hero or even Warrior debate might be less one sided. Raven and Harken are both excellent and who knows what the others think about the Warrior folk. (I'd go for Geitz or Dorcas)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if its been said before, but I'm defending Lowen in this debate.

The man is a fucking mounted tank. Huge HP and defenses make it hard for him NOT to cap those stats. He has a higher con than kent and sain, meaning it's one less AS he loses from heavier weaponry. He also has fire affinity, which when supported can make a difference in his normally average attack strength. Plus... he wears a cat on his head. Only a hardcore knight would do that.

Sorry if its been said before, but I'm defending Lowen in this debate.

The man is a fucking mounted tank. Huge HP and defenses make it hard for him NOT to cap those stats. He has a higher con than kent and sain, meaning it's one less AS he loses from heavier weaponry. He also has fire affinity, which when supported can make a difference in his normally average attack strength. Plus... he wears a cat on his head. Only a hardcore knight would do that.

You have persauded me to use Lowen :)

I have to argue in favour of Kent and Sain being better than Lowen. They've a nice level lead, triangle with Fiora, and overall superior stats. My main problem with Lowen is his only constant support is Eliwood B and he's rather mediocre at the beginning. Kent and Sain have considerably better offense, while Lowen's is pretty bad for a while.

I have to argue in favour of Kent and Sain being better than Lowen. They've a nice level lead, triangle with Fiora, and overall superior stats. My main problem with Lowen is his only constant support is Eliwood B and he's rather mediocre at the beginning. Kent and Sain have considerably better offense, while Lowen's is pretty bad for a while.

What about Rebecca? The double fire affinity will help his normally low attack strength.

Rebecca is pretty terrible, and an Archer. I doubt Lowen would support her.

I find Rebecca to be pretty good. Amazing dodge. She'd still be a good support for Lowen. He could even act as a meatshield for her.

But she has a good dodge rate, so she doesn't really need durability.

I meant her Avoid as in durability.

I find rebecca over wil, but I don't like FE7 snipers

Well, Rebecca is much better than Wil, though mainly that's because Wil is so horrible.

Marcus? You forgot about him. Marcus is actually pretty good, contrary to what most people think.

Lowen has nearly the best earlygame durability and offense. He's only beaten by Marcus, Oswin, Dorcas and perhaps Hector (which I honestly doubt).

Marcus? You forgot about him. Marcus is actually pretty good, contrary to what most people think.

Lowen has nearly the best earlygame durability and offense. He's only beaten by Marcus, Oswin, Dorcas and perhaps Hector (which I honestly doubt).

Excuse me! My lvl 8 hector was boasting 13 defense, kthx

PEMN is debates.

Even though, Hector is very good with Defense. I'm not sure if Lowen really does out defense Hector in the beginning, since Hector both has a higher growth and base than Lowen. Lowen will probably pass him once he promotes, since Hector won't promote for a good while. Same thing with strength, except they start out with even strength. Then again, in Hector Mode, Hector definately won't be level 1 by the time Lowen shows up.

Even though, Hector is very good with Defense. I'm not sure if Lowen really does out defense Hector in the beginning, since Hector both has a higher growth and base than Lowen. Lowen will probably pass him once he promotes, since Hector won't promote for a good while. Same thing with strength, except they start out with even strength. Then again, in Hector Mode, Hector definately won't be level 1 by the time Lowen shows up.

Doesn't much matter. Lowen will soon surpass Hector, and Lowen has more useable time to grow, since when Hector reaches 20, you be using him. He promotes way too late to be compared to Lowen, who could be a 20/20 Paladin by the time you get Hector promoted.

I think Fox would debate your dick off on that point.

Probably. And it'd be painful. ;.;

Ha, I've been owned by the mighty Tino. I just realized that if Lowen's being used, Marcus will A support him. Thus, they'd be costing less Funds, making Lowen>Kent and Sain. So Lowen's the best Paladin.

I think Guy might actually have better durability than Lowen, since he's never doubled. ^_^

EDIT:

I think Fox would debate your dick off on that point.

That's why she's not exactly a top notch debator. XD Personal Experience means nothing at all in debating.

Edited by Swordsalmon

Doesn't much matter. Lowen will soon surpass Hector, and Lowen has more useable time to grow, since when Hector reaches 20, you be using him. He promotes way too late to be compared to Lowen, who could be a 20/20 Paladin by the time you get Hector promoted.

He was refering to Earlygame, I believe. Hector won't get to 20 by at least the beginning of midgame.