Sain>Kent>Lowen>Rath=Marcus>etc

boo... you suck....

I stopped reading there. Obvious BS.

QFT [sarcasm]yes, my opinions are right, dammit[sarcasm]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then, how about you go and compare Matthew to Oswin? Combat-wise, Oswin is obviously better. But Matthew has his lockpick/stealing utility and can handle axe users much better than an unpromoted Oswin. In cases like this, it's pretty much situational which character is the better one. That's why comparing Rath to most characters in this game is rather tough; he's unique, so whether he or someone else is better is situational and depends on personal experience. And please, DO NOT start an argument on personal experience.

MATTHEW VS OSWIN

HEAVEN VS HELL

DUEL ONE

LETS ROCK!

Oswin's average

Matt's average

Stat's: Oswin wins, he knows this is true, and simply exists to do what he was meant to do, be the superior unit. However, Utility value far more than Combat value for the first chapter. You're saving yourself a more money and earning yourself more items interms of his usefulness in terms of fund rankings. Upon promotion, Matthew becomes more useful in terms of EXP run-throughs for Cog of Destiny. Hell yeah! Also, Matthew has good supports with Hector and Guy. With it he can critical more and gain EXP from Silencer making him more of a better fighter than Oswin. General's are slow, 5 movements. BAD. Doesn't gain as much EXP over Matthew. Poor support factors. Matthew wins in terms of combat and utilities.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

Aren't you the guy that says assassins suck? How the hell can Matthew be a better fighter than Oswin? Also, he may help your experience, but promoting him will kill your funds; it's a double-edged sword. And you really didn't even take into account Oswin's fighting ability, you just said he's slow, but in a game with slow enemies, he's often doubling anyway.

Edited by Fox

Aren't you the guy that says assassins suck? How the hell can Matthew be a better fighter than Oswin. Also, he may help your experience, but promoting him will kill your funds; it's a double-edged sword. And you really didn't even take into account Oswin's fighting ability, you just said he's slow, but in a game with slow enemies, he's often doubling anyway.

1. You forgotten what are enemies are like in FE7 since they only have 0 Luck. Which is more likely enough for Matt to pull out Silencer gain more Exp. for have much combat utilities over Oswin

2. Promoting Matt is a trade-off. If you can see yourself failing at EXP while rocking it out on funds, by all means do it. Plus, he's good at against Cog of Destiny Walkthroughs.

3. 20/1 Matthew has 20 Spd, and with KE, iirc 22 Atk and about 44 Crt, so about 70% chance to crit at least once and decimate. class EXP bonus + assassination bonus + 70% spd growth allows him to double the very few that he doesn't double (I don't recall if there are any above 16 Spd). Plus ~65 avo.

General is pretty much the worst promoted class, with the exception of Great Lord (swords + axes, at least lances add extra 1-2 range in the form of Javelin). Five movement is a huge failure.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

1. You forgotten what are enemies are like in FE7 since they only have 0 Luck. Which is more likely enough for Matt to pull out Silencer gain more Exp. for have much combat utilities over Oswin

2. Promoting Matt is a trade-off. If you can see yourself failing at EXP while rocking it out on funds, by all means do it. Plus, he's good at against Cog of Destiny Walkthroughs.

3. 20/1 Matthew has 20 Spd, and with KE, iirc 22 Atk and about 44 Crt, so about 70% chance to crit at least once and decimate. class EXP bonus + assassination bonus + 70% spd growth allows him to double the very few that he doesn't double (I don't recall if there are any above 16 Spd). Plus ~65 avo.

General is pretty much the worst promoted class, with the exception of Great Lord (lolswords + axes, at least lances add extra 1-2 range in the form of Javelin). Five movement is a huge failure.

1. So you're relying on luck to say that Matt is better in combat?

2. 50,000 will pretty much screw over anyones funds rank.

3. See 1.

5 movement isn't good, but that isn't enough to say the class fails; Oswin has amazing defense, and rather good speed for a general. His raw power and con aren't too shabby either, and he won't even be weighed down by a Steel Axe.

This is all beside the point. You can't seriously think these two units are comparable; they don't even have similar weapon types.

1. So you're relying on luck to say that Matt is better in combat?

2. 50,000 will pretty much screw over anyones funds rank.

3. See 1.

5 movement isn't good, but that isn't enough to say the class fails; Oswin has amazing defense, and rather good speed for a general. His raw power and con aren't too shabby either, and he won't even be weighed down by a Steel Axe.

This is all beside the point. You can't seriously think these two units are comparable; they don't even have similar weapon types.

Remember. Enemies have 0 Luck.

Replying 2, Plan out promo items beforehand so no one is delayed. Use fillers for EXP rank. Raven and Guy can be conserved for that, and Rath is good for that task as well, Heath not so much. Keep track of funds and see if you can afford to promote Matthew (assuming you raised him). Keep track of tactics, and compare it to the table on Serenes. Don't promote Dart and don't recruit Farina. Sell everything you don't need in Dragon's Gate's battle preparations, and let someone with Member and Silver Card visit the downright Secret Shop for Killer weapons and spare Lockpicks. Don't bother with the other shop, the only thing worth buying there is Physic, which is in Kinship's Bond's secret shop too. Save up some liquid cash for buying Irons in New Resolve. Don't bother with long supports unless they don't make you go out of your way at all. I pretty much never use anything but really fast supports on ranked runs, like Raven/Lucius, Erk/Pent, Sain/Kent, Eliwood/Hector, Lyn/Florina etc. Spam staves for EXP even if you don't really need the extra HP. Raise Florina or Fiora, if only for the desert map. Use at least one of the following units for the CoD Valks: Rebecca, Lyn, Florina, Fiora, Canas. I'd recommend one of the latter three Field Ninian pretty much everytime you can, and don't let her get attacked. I recommend doing all gaidens except maybe 19xx.

Do these followings and you won't have any problem for your fund.

Point being? Matthew is still faster and moves more than Oswin.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

Remember. Enemies have 0 Luck.

Replying 2, Plan out promo items beforehand so no one is delayed. Use fillers for EXP rank. Raven and Guy can be conserved for that, and Rath is good for that task as well, Heath not so much. Keep track of funds and see if you can afford to promote Matthew (assuming you raised him). Keep track of tactics, and compare it to the table on Serenes. Don't promote Dart and don't recruit Farina. Sell everything you don't need in Dragon's Gate's battle preparations, and let someone with Member and Silver Card visit the downright Secret Shop for Killer weapons and spare Lockpicks. Don't bother with the other shop, the only thing worth buying there is Physic, which is in Kinship's Bond's secret shop too. Save up some liquid cash for buying Irons in New Resolve. Don't bother with long supports unless they don't make you go out of your way at all. I pretty much never use anything but really fast supports on ranked runs, like Raven/Lucius, Erk/Pent, Sain/Kent, Eliwood/Hector, Lyn/Florina etc. Spam staves for EXP even if you don't really need the extra HP. Raise Florina or Fiora, if only for the desert map. Use at least one of the following units for the CoD Valks: Rebecca, Lyn, Florina, Fiora, Canas. I'd recommend one of the latter three Field Ninian pretty much everytime you can, and don't let her get attacked. I recommend doing all gaidens except maybe 19xx.

Do these followings and you won't have any problem for your fund.

Point being? Matthew is still faster and moves more than Oswin.

That's still relying mostly on luck. And going through all that just so Matthew can promote is a serious waste; you could promote five other units with regular promotion items instead for the same price. Being faster and moving more doesn't make him better; it helps, but in a game with slow enemies, the speed especially doesn't help all that much.

That's still relying mostly on luck. And going through all that just so Matthew can promote is a serious waste; you could promote five other units with regular promotion items instead for the same price. Being faster and moving more doesn't make him better; it helps, but in a game with slow enemies, the speed especially doesn't help all that much.

OMG read my post.

Enemies have 0 Luck, chances of Matt ever activating Silencer will occur if you give him the right Weapon such as Killing Edges which won't trash your fund. Matthew tends to double more and can critical more than even Karel from Hectors and Guys support.

OMG read my post.

Enemies have 0 Luck, chances of Matt ever activating Silencer will occur if you give him the right Weapon such as Killing Edges which won't trash your fund. Matthew tends to double more and can critical more than even Karel from Hectors and Guys support.

None of that makes him better. Unless he activates silencer, he still isn't doing too much damage. And did you read my post? Promoting Matthew kills your funds rank, there's no getting around that.

None of that makes him better. Unless he activates silencer, he still isn't doing too much damage. And did you read my post? Promoting Matthew kills your funds rank, there's no getting around that.

Your really good at ignoring my post when its shoved under your nose.

Do that and theres a huge guarantee that you will cherish you fund.

Your really good at ignoring my post when its shoved under your nose.

Do that and theres a huge guarantee that you will cherish you fund.

I could say the same to you.

First of all how is that a serious waste. It is like I said several times. If you do those following before-hand. You shouldn't have any problem at all. Also, promotion items and stat-boost can be stolen easily by enemies to cherish your funds. So your Fund for the Fell Contract is safe.

Please stop arguing your bad at it.

First of all how is that a serious waste. It is like I said several times. If you do those following before-hand. You shouldn't have any problem at all. Also, promotion items and stat-boost can be stolen easily by enemies to cherish your funds. So your Fund for the Fell Contract is safe.

Please stop arguing your bad at it.

I am going to stop arguing, for two reasons:

1. It's off-topic.

2. You're the one that's bad at it.

Promoting Matthew won't kill your funds ranking.

Don't forget about the Silver Card abuse where it increases your fund ranking because you get gold value for discounted items. If you do that plus play all your cards properly(that huge paragraph talking about it more or less sums it up), it's not a problem to use all those expensive promotion items and still get by with no problem.

Edited by Eaichu

I'm no mod, but QUIT DOUBLE POSTING!!!!!!

but this topic wasn't about your debate

topic winna! and also qft

When promoted especially- Rath>Sain>Kent>Lowen>Marcus>Isadora