FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also, I kinda relooked any stuff that I have marked in Popo's thread to see what needed to be changed for this patch and I just relooked at in Lalum's and Garret's Support B Conversation again in that Youtube that I looked at it last year (its around on 1:57), but I was thinking about changing that word "Sexy" to "Handsome" or "Cute" (technically, I think one of those two might be a little bit better) since that's kinda little over E rated and I don't recall any G rated materials have that appeared anywhere?

And also, I kinda forgot about it and I don't recall seeing anything around in this thread nor tested it out yet in the newer patch version about Alan/Allen's death quote was fixed up or not with that S word needed to be changed to an another word like Blast or something else since that's not appropriate for a E rated game since we did see this around in March 2012?

0378-FireEmblem-SealedSwordJEurasia-Alan

Edited by King Marth 64

I've a feeling there aren't going to be many 12 year olds downloading and playing romhacks.

Well, its just needed to be changed just for the Binding Blade patch incase if we don't any younger fans seeing any offensive words since FE7 and FE8 don't have any swearing.

Edited by King Marth 64

Well, its just needed to be changed just for the Binding Blade patch incase if we don't any younger fans seeing any offensive words since FE7 and FE8 don't have any swearing.

I'm pretty sure that they're gonna be fine if they see the word "fuck" or "shit" a few times. It's not like they won't have heard them before, and gringe is under no obligation to make his translation PG. Considering you have people fighting and dying and murdering one another, I think that the kiddies can take a few swear words. Seriously, how old are you?

Edited by The Iron Rose

Well, I covered both of those points already, actually.

"Be sexier!" was changed to "Use your hips more!" Not so much because sexy is a bad word, but "I'm a guy! I can't be sexy!" didn't seem quite right. "I'm a big, scary guy! I can't use my hips!" seems much more appropriate. (Note: these quotes are not verbatim)

And Allen's death quote was changed because it seemed out of place more than anything.

m7e8PNH.png

Fan translations aren't rated by esrb(or insert other rating system here). Don't see why we need to care.

I never said this game nor fan translated patches are rated by ESBR, I was just pointing it out to gringe just incase if we need something to be fixed.

I'm pretty sure that they're gonna be fine if they see the word "fuck" or "shit" a few times. It's not like they won't have heard them before, and gringe is under no obligation to make his translation PG. Considering you have people fighting and dying and murdering one another, I think that the kiddies can take a few swear words. Seriously, how old are you?

No actually, they don't have those S Words and F Words in any localized Fire Emblem games, but it only had "Damn" in Path of Radiance (just once in Ike's death quote in the final chapter since that's T and besides that E+10 wasn't around in 2005), Radiant Dawn, and Awakening and they added "Ass" in Brady's support conversations only and "Bastard" only appeared in Sully's Confession with the Avatar only in Awakening, but they usually say like "Blast" and "Dastard" in the other games. I'm 21 and learning about responsibility (which I'm getting better), but we should focus on finding mistakes and other stuff that needed to be fixed for the patch.

Well, I covered both of those points already, actually.

"Be sexier!" was changed to "Use your hips more!" Not so much because sexy is a bad word, but "I'm a guy! I can't be sexy!" didn't seem quite right. "I'm a big, scary guy! I can't use my hips!" seems much more appropriate. (Note: these quotes are not verbatim)

And Allen's death quote was changed because it seemed out of place more than anything.

m7e8PNH.png

Alright thanks, I just didn't see that around when that was mentioned?

Edited by King Marth 64

No actually, they don't have those S Words and F Words in any localized Fire Emblem games, but it only had "Damn" in Path of Radiance (just once in Ike's death quote in the final chapter since that's T and besides that E+10 wasn't around in 2005), Radiant Dawn, and Awakening and they added "Ass" in Brady's support conversations only and "Bastard" only appeared in Sully's Confession with the Avatar only in Awakening, but they usually say like "Blast" and "Dastard" in the other games. I'm 21 and learning about responsibility (which I'm getting better), but we should focus on finding mistakes and other stuff that needed to be fixed for the patch.

That's precious.

bookofholsety:

Finally had time to test the graphic problem you had and I got the same exact issue.

LCJBi3T.png

I just inserted a completely blank graphic.

It's very strange considering the original hack doesn't have this issue. Maybe if the new graphic were inserted into a new location and repointed it would work without issue. And maybe you suggested that already but I'm too lazy to check.

Edited by gringe

Um i have a translation patch for my fe6 but its got a lot of swearing and i would like to know if this patch is more family friendly and if its not where can i geta new one

Seriously? This is a game about war and death and killing people. I don't understand the recent concern for fucking swearing, of all things, in the slightest. Like I don't say this to be hostile, but are you ten? Is your parent/guardian literally watching over you as you play?

I'm honestly just confused. I mean I'm being abrasive about it because I find their reactions funny, but I'm sincerely confused why people would really care.

Personally, it's less about vulgarity and more about translation quality.

Swearing sounds unprofessional, honestly.

And since this translation project has pretty high standards, it looks better without swearing.

And the released game made us used to something more elevated.

I haven't tried this transation yet, but when I'll replay, I'll be sure to use it.

This seriouslylooks great and lots of works have been done.

Personally, it's less about vulgarity and more about translation quality.

Swearing sounds unprofessional, honestly.

And since this translation project has pretty high standards, it looks better without swearing.

And the released game made us used to something more elevated.

I haven't tried this transation yet, but when I'll replay, I'll be sure to use it.

This seriouslylooks great and lots of works have been done.

I actually don't disagree on that front, it's the nonsense about being 'family friendly' and allegedly 21 year olds learning about responsibility that I find a little bit laughable. I mean I'm not a big fan of swearing in FE anyway, because I feel it sounds a bit odd compared to the tone of the series, but the way that Mia_Lover and King Marth talked about it kinda makes we wish it were included.

it's sort of a good thing it's nintendo of america not doing the official releases of everything as opposed to a hypothetical nintendo of australia which actually possesses something resembling competence, because just imagine what a script by an australian would look like

"OI WELL FAAARCK ME MATE DAT RANGA SHIT'S TAKEN ME BUNGALOW WHILE I WAS OFF TAKIN A FUCKIN SQUIZ AT THAT HOT ETRURIAN ROOT"

(surprisingly my point is more to do with the expletives than anything. strip out the obvious australiana and that right there is a conventional australian dialect)

Edited by bookofholsety

I personally miss Dory's "explicit" quotes. They gave him a great personality.

"they must be the army that got their ass-kicked by Bern"

"what the hell, there was a gate there? cunning dastards"

I asked that because (a) swearing is the hallmark of unproffesionalism and (b) as a christian i find swearing offensive so maybe you can criticize my question in a pm instead of taking up space in a forum that is for patch related comments and questions not personal criticizms