FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the original translation patch. What happened to the original growths of the units, why did you have to change it. I just want to play the real game, TRANSLATED, not with your edits, why can't I play the original, WHY?

Edited by AlexEmblem

I haven't bothered looking through the 40+ pages because I assume everything that's been changed has been edited into the first post. I read through that and thought it was cool that characters like Ray are now a lot more useful.

So, going off of that, I was wondering if you could increase the wyvern lord POW cap a bit. I know mounted units are supposed to have worse caps than unmounteds, but Zeiss' POW doesn't get room to grow because of that cap. Since it's obvious with his SPD decrease that's what you were going for as well as the fact that he is this game's Est unit and can't make use of his primary advantage, I feel you should increase that cap a bit, perhaps around 3 or 4 points (maybe even to 30, lol). Of course Miledy would get a boost too, but wouldn't be able to abuse it as well.

As for names, is Milady the official name or just the one you took off of the wiki? I like Miledy better; sounds like an actual name even FE is the only thing that comes up with a google search of it.

Caps are the same as FE7. Zeiss is ramming his caps and is great all-around even with the slight nerf.

The name "Milady" is the official spelling and an apparent reference to the main villain in the Three Musketeers (Milady de Winter) so the name stays.

Edited by gringe

Hey... How close is this to being "done"? Don't want to sound impatiant, but I wanted to know. Will this work on a GBA Flash Cart? I'm trying to find one so I can do this "Officially", that is, on a GBA screen. No rush, cuz I'm gonna play FE7 first. Also..... Ai's Sword. Is that still gonna be in the game? It's a reference to a Japenese Manga referred to as FE6X that starred a boy named Ai. As the "X" implies, the manga's events were concurrent with 6, but like the Metroid Manga released the same year, there are major plot deviations that hurt it's standing as "canon".

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Hey... How close is this to being "done"? Don't want to sound impatiant, but I wanted to know. Will this work on a GBA Flash Cart? I'm trying to find one so I can do this "Officially", that is, on a GBA screen. No rush, cuz I'm gonna play FE7 first. Also..... Ai's Sword. Is that still gonna be in the game? It's a reference to a Japenese Manga referred to as FE6X that starred a boy named Ai. As the "X" implies, the manga's events were concurrent with 6, but like the Metroid Manga released the same year, there are major plot deviations that hurt it's standing as "canon".

It should work like any other ROM. Can't speak for cetrain, as I've never owned a GBA flashcart, but the FE12 translation ran perfectly on my DS flashcart, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And while I'm not Gringe, I can say for certain that the Hasha no Tsurugi weapons(Al's Sword, Gant's Lance, Tiena's Stafff) will stay, as I don't think it's Gringe's intention to change the game THAT much.

Hey... How close is this to being "done"? Don't want to sound impatiant, but I wanted to know.

it's about 95% completed. after the next minor update, all that's left to do is things like properly translating the opening sequence and the class roll (at present, the former is left blank and the latter is still in Japanese/dodgy romanisations). needless to say those have no relevance to actually playing the game, so as far as gameplay is concerned it'll be complete

Will this work on a GBA Flash Cart? I'm trying to find one so I can do this "Officially", that is, on a GBA screen. No rush, cuz I'm gonna play FE7 first.

we haven't actively tested to see if it will, but there's no reason why it shouldn't

Also..... Ai's Sword. Is that still gonna be in the game?

yes. it, and Gant's Lance and Tina's Staff, are still there. outright removing weapons wouldn't be a good idea

(also it's Al as in "Alec", not "Ai")

It's a reference to a Japenese Manga referred to as FE6X that starred a boy named Ai. As the "X" implies, the manga's events were concurrent with 6, but like the Metroid Manga released the same year, there are major plot deviations that hurt it's standing as "canon".

i don't think i've ever heard anyone call that manga "FE6X" but w/e

I briefly considered calling the manga character weapons Emblem Sword, Emblem Lance, and Emblem Staff like the similar bonus weapons in FE7, but decided against it.

Aside from the class scroll and world map there are some menu screens I'd like to polish up (still haven't fixed the animation level up screen, and the weapon stats when you press R), but I don't know how. Maybe I'll ask around when we get the next version up.

ANTI GRINGE ALLIANCE GO! GET RID OF THE NUMBERS PATCH!

I'm just predicting what those idiots would do if they were still paying attention to this patch.

By the way, still not playing your patch.

The name "Milady" is the official spelling and an apparent reference to the main villain in the Three Musketeers (Milady de Winter) so the name stays.

Damn, you are right. I change my stance on Miledy vs. Milady naming.

As for names, is Milady the official name or just the one you took off of the wiki? I like Miledy better; sounds like an actual name even FE is the only thing that comes up with a google search of it.

A quick Google search shows that Miledy is actually a name if you past the first result. Still, the justification for Milady seems reasonable enough, people can go change it back themselves if it bothers them that much.

It's a work in progress so it's a little messy still, but check out this cool stuff!!!

9GKhpPC.png

bartre taught me how to magick the hex code and I've been playing around and figured out stuff like this, which will allow me to get weapon stat menus to appear as they do in FE7. I'll try to figure out the animation level up screens once I finish this.

After the next update, it may just be the opening ASM stuff left to do (and any bugs in dialogue I've missed)!!!!

Alright gringe, this may be the post that certifies my insanity and throws me in the loony bin, but hear me out. Those special maps (Grizel Execution Court, V-Type, J-type, and Defeat Bandits)... why not see if you can find and translate them, so you can integrate them into the main trial maps? I know it might be a bit much, but the patch wouldn't be complete without all the content, would it? Of course, after you finish the main portion of the patch. Don't want to get sidetracked.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Alright gringe, this may be the post that certifies my insanity and throws me in the loony bin, but hear me out. Those special maps (Grizel Execution Court, V-Type, J-type, and Defeat Bandits)... why not see if you can find and translate them, so you can integrate them into the main trial maps? I know it might be a bit much, but the patch wouldn't be complete without all the content, would it? Of course, after you finish the main portion of the patch. Don't want to get sidetracked.

AFAIK If the DLC maps are in the ROM, we haven't found them yet, It is thought at this point that they may be something that was downloaded to the game's actual SRAM. This is unfortunate, because it means that without a game cartridge with the event unlocked falling into the hands of a ROM dumper, we may never see it.

I'm not 100% sure about this, mainly because I don't know how much info GBA SRAM can hold vs how big map array structures are. Can anyone shed light on this? Would it be practical for Nintendo to embed a full map in SRAM?

IIRC weren't the maps distributed on special cartridges of the game? So wouldn't looking for them in the "regular" ROM be fruitless?

I'm not 100% sure about this, mainly because I don't know how much info GBA SRAM can hold vs how big map array structures are. Can anyone shed light on this? Would it be practical for Nintendo to embed a full map in SRAM?

The SMB3 e-Reader maps are held in the game's flash save, though I'm not sure if the two formats are comparable or not..

Edited by shinpichu

Those maps were, as far as I can tell, distributed only in a contest to an extremely limited number of winners. They don't appear to be in the normal ROM and I don't know of any dump of the special versions. Unfortunately it's probably impossible.

IIRC weren't the maps distributed on special cartridges of the game? So wouldn't looking for them in the "regular" ROM be fruitless?

According to Serene's Forest, they were, but the wording is a bit fuzzy.

In Japan, the VJump magazine held a promotional competition, tied to the Fire Emblem manga Hasha no Tsurugi, where selected winners could could receive special Sword of Seals cartridges containing unique Trial Maps already downloaded.

Already downloaded implies that you could download the event on a regular Binding Blade game if you went to a special event, though no clarification as to whether any events ever actually happened are listed.

What does downloaded mean in this sense?

The SMB3 e-Reader maps are held in the game's flash save, though I'm not sure if the two formats are comparable or not..

They seem to be, that's assuring. And sure enough, it looks like Binding Blade has a 64KiloByte save file size, which should be plenty for a MAR or two. It could have also just been put in a special edition of the cartridge ROM though.

Either way, it seems to be lost to time :(

from what i've heard, only the tiles, items, etc. were in the code, the maps were put together a the big N and the cards just say " this goes here and that goes there". If were lucky these maps are like that(the fe7 and fe8 bonus items were in the code) and we might be able to recreate it.

Or we'll just be sent on a real life fetch quest.

from what i've heard, only the tiles, items, etc. were in the code, the maps were put together a the big N and the cards just say " this goes here and that goes there". If were lucky these maps are like that(the fe7 and fe8 bonus items were in the code) and we might be able to recreate it.

Or we'll just be sent on a real life fetch quest.

If that were true then we would have the maps... People have hacked the other items in to the other games because it exists in the game code. The fact that the maps are not in the ROM is the reason why we haven't found them. I mean, look at all the extensive hacking tools catered towards GBA... You'd think they would be documented by now if they existed in the regular ROM