Any GBA hacks where...

Espinosa

1) you have a Dancer who refreshes up to 4 adjacent units? It's very interesting how this would synergise with GBA-styled rescue.

2) instead of Rescue you have FE13-style pair up, providing bonuses and not penalties to stats? You'd probably also have to adjust the competence of the opposition to make it less OP.

given that both would require extensive ASM (as much as the number of savvy people seems to be growing, what you ask are still way out of the capabilities of what most people have), I'd wager no

(insider knowledge says that the second one may or may not be forthcoming from someone or other, however)

Interesting. Has there been any attempt to summarise the mechanical (can't find the right word) innovations in FE hacking? For example, FE Girls has skills similar to the ones found in FE4-5&9-10; are there any text sources that I could consult to see other such innovations or other games that employ this feature?

for GBA there aren't really any hacks with huge mechanics changes beyond minor formula tweaking here or there (in the English-speaking community, that is)

kot's new patch apparently implements a few skills but it's otherwise just a reskin of fe8

i'm personally working on a set of mods that would probably come closer to what you're asking for but it's slow due to "cam is really lazy and not particularly skilled"

I've tried the maps on BwdYeti's project in progress, is it something we call a GBA hack? It technically doesn't involve the system in any way, yet it's evidently based upon it (at least visually).

So can we say that the foreign language (Japanese and perhaps Chinese as well?) hacks come with the most innovations? I believe FE Girls has a 1-RN system as well (at least seems to be the case because 99% accurate attacks can't miss that often).

Looking forward to your achievements as well.

Edited by Espinosa

BwdYeti's project is not a hack

KoT's patch, TLP, and SE have a lot of ASM hacks in them, though the lattermost doesn't have a public patch available TMK.

There are a few "foreign" hacks with ASM hacks too but the base ROM is different so gl with making use of them if that's what you had in mind

I've tried the maps on BwdYeti's project in progress, is it something we call a GBA hack? It technically doesn't involve the system in any way, yet it's evidently based upon it (at least visually).

So can we say that the foreign language (Japanese and perhaps Chinese as well?) hacks come with the most innovations? I believe FE Girls has a 1-RN system as well (at least seems to be the case because 99% accurate attacks can't miss that often).

Looking forward to your achievements as well.

Yes, in my experience, Chinese and Japanese fan hacks have more new content, be it in edits or new code directly, compared to international fans hacks. Some examples include new skills, the ability to choose what class you promote to (branching promotions, sometimes up to four choices at once), custom events, non-vanilla items (like shields in FE4 which add defense/evasion when held, and decrease in use with every taken hit), and other stuff. This isn't limited to Fire Emblem hacks, either--the early Megaman games, for example, have tons of new non-vanilla content for your enjoyment, if you're into that series. Rockman CX is the latest one that adds scripted story events, dialogue, wall-jumping, an entirely new playable character, and similar things beyond mere tile, map, or stat editing.

True, 'hack' isn't the right word to use for something that isn't a direct modification of another game (even if derivative).

The FE4 hack shields sound like... TRS shields eh.

They're actually used in a TearRing Saga, Berwick Saga hack for FE4 ^_^ It was mentioned in the pinned thread on the Binary hacks, at the top of the romhacking section of this forum. Near the end of it, if you're interested in that kind of thing.

kot's new patch apparently implements a few skills but it's otherwise just a reskin of fe8

Wow.

Way to tear into my hack AND my ASM. :>

And after all the effort I put into it too. :sob:

Way to tear into my hack AND my ASM. :>

don't take it personally

i haven't actually tried it so i can't speak for anything beyond "it's a bunch of nightmare and engine edits"

Edited by CT075

don't take it personally

i haven't actually tried it so i can't speak for anything beyond "it's a bunch of nightmare and engine edits"

Nah, man. I was just playing with you.

Sometimes I forget you can't translate sarcasm well on the internet. ~.o