Little things about the game that annoy you

Speaking of Morgan, I don't approve of how Lucina's supports are so similar.

You'd think that with how Lucina is the only 2nd Gen character who is always available, and how Chrom has only 5 options among the playable women, that all of Lucina's sibling supports could have been their own thing.

Edited by The Void

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always bugs me that some characters have their own unique models for some classes while some don't.

And that Lissa has a ton while others have next to none.

Eh, I guess that could happen if we get a FE where all or at least a large chunk of the playable characters are actual enlisted or drafted members of a military. And I guess it might be easier from a design standpoint.

Actually wouldn't care about "uniformity" if the characters we played in Awakening is not part of an army (Ylisse that is). If they are mercenary like in FE9+FE10, they could easily stylized their armor to their liking and I would gladly accept it. But since its from military, it is natural to expect them to have some "uniformity" in their outfit, despite having them heavily stylized for distinction purpose. So if the next FE game we played another military army, I expect IS to have similar approach (with less stupid and fetished design). If it mercenary or other, I could expect them to have different approach.

Which brings me to another thing. No young sounding voices for either gender. Which makes the kid Avatars sound really dumb. It just annoys me.

200% this. The thing that annoys me most is that the voices for the avatar seem too similar to me. Maybe it's just me, but there just seems to be little-to-no difference in the voice options.

The fact that characters get generic colors after reclassing with a second seal, or in some cases promoting. (Gregor, Inigo, etc)

Also the fact that you can't choose your Avatar's color palette.

200% this. The thing that annoys me most is that the voices for the avatar seem too similar to me. Maybe it's just me, but there just seems to be little-to-no difference in the voice options.

Yeah, this was the first thing that started bugging me when I first played. My three choices were, strong American accent, slightly softer strong American accent, or #1 again with very slight differences. Great. I have nothing against Americans, but could I have something other than American please? Almost no other characters outside of Valm have such notable accents, after all.

I'm really annoyed at battle panties, which is a step worse from miniskirts. If they're gonna stick with battle panties for the sake of stylisation, though, give it to the guys too. No reason we're only looking at female butts and not male butts. Guys have nice butts too, you know.

But I'd much rather if more female classes gets to wear pants.

The fact that characters get generic colors after reclassing with a second seal, or in some cases promoting. (Gregor, Inigo, etc)

I know, but generally default character outfit resembling much of their generic counterpart, like Priam, Flavia, Basilio, and Kellam.

I'm really annoyed at battle panties, which is a step worse from miniskirts. If they're gonna stick with battle panties for the sake of stylisation, though, give it to the guys too. No reason we're only looking at female butts and not male butts. Guys have nice butts too, you know.

But I'd much rather if more female classes gets to wear pants.

It is really perplexing when you see Sully keep her pant when promoted to Great Knight, while other don't. Why only Sully though?

Gotta love how Brady's C support with Ricken contradicts his supports with Maribelle. :P

It contradicts their conversation in the Future Past chapter too lol

I miss light magic and it's wielders, and defend chapters.

I get the point on Light Magic, but what is everyone's fetish with Defend?

Defend While Routing (Which is present in Awakening. It's just not labeled "Defend".) is so much better. Seriously.

I'm curious... what is said in that support?

Owain dad take an arrow to save him, and is kille or dissapeared(MU only)

So..... I'll save you the time and link you to his topic that has all of his arguments

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40773

"And yes, at that point in time, it's definitely Grima. This event is after MU kills Chrom, which was, if you're paying attention, the moment where in the Original timeline, where MU stopped being MU and -willingly- became the Fell Dragon. So there's definitely something wrong with that little sequence of events, even with the ever-so-slight change that MU disappeared instead of "died"..."

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

it always bugged me how the only long hair thats not tied up is on the child avatar. i wanted long hair like cherche or lucina. its a small nitpick but eh. another admittedly small nit i want to pick is the mage designs. the female ones to be precise. im not one of the people that have a problem with how female sorcs look, i actually like them, i like flowy dresses and i like my cleavage so why shouldnt my avatar? but i have an issue with the female mage/sage looks. they are just kinda... frumpy and ugly. the fact the lissa and emmeryn get pretty dresses is also irritating....... i want the female mage look from fire emblem gaiden back :(

The Gregor and Inigo not getting custom colors upon promotion severly bugged me. :/ Why doesn't Gregor get to wear brown/green? Why doesn't Inigo get his purple-ish-blue color? It's not fair at all, especially since Severa and Noire both get their own custom Bow Knight colors. Is it because Greg and Inigo don't have boobs or something? It's so stupid and lazy, it really makes me mad. >n>

It is really perplexing when you see Sully keep her pant when promoted to Great Knight, while other don't. Why only Sully though?

Actually she gains pants. She lacks pants in Cav and Paladin which, although a part of her design, really annoys me, but magically gains pants on Great Knight while her daughter who actually has pants both in her art and as a Knight as per model, loses it.

I'm not exactly sure why. I think GK looks ridiculous without pants and Sully's model should be the basis for the generic instead. Although they totally forgot to change the skin colour of the legs to fit Flavia's face so we got this WoC with pale-ass legs and it looks like white tights under a leotard for her despite it being a generic model :B

Edited by Thor Odinson

I miss the winding, castle chapters from the gba games. The farfort chapter with donny was a step in the right direction,but it feels lacking.

Yellow hair, my Amelia is incomplete otherwise. Also generically better haircuts, maybe a few extra face options. Also skin color changeability.

Avatar personality customization? Even if just to make the story a small bit more interesting.

Same turn reinforcements are really annoying, I'm sick of the "hahaha, I spawned directly behind your healer so kiss my shoe" guys, damn wyvern riders on chapter nine...

Not enough Vasto.

The whole unfitting voice Morgan arguement, when she says "I'm a serious woman, with serious eyes" in Laurent's support, I literally fell over, covered my eyes, and groaned, because SHE'S NOT A WOMAN, SHE LOOKS LIKE A TEENAGE GIRL. I've given up on nowi and nah but Morgan, it's a little bit more difficult.

The sheer amount of fanservice in this game, character-wise. Boobs. Boobs everywhere! I honestly can't leave Noire as a sorcerer because of the costume, female assassins as well, I'm a man/boy of morals, I can't go staring at my daughter's jugs all the time (no, I didn't marry tharja for her looks, I take offense to "average tharja fanboy")

Finally, I miss the magic triangle and bishops and summoners, this in turn leads to the all but uselessness of the blessed set of weapons.

• Legendary weapons not having a lot of uses: It makes sense due to game balance, but I find myself not being able to use these weapons at all except on 50+ luck armsthrifters.

How else would they sell DLC?

Gotta love how Owain's entire father support with MaMU contradicts a huge part of the plot.

Actually, nope. With his other father's Owain talks about how they died in front of him. With MaMU, he talks about how he never saw him again, but never actually saw him die.. Which makes sense, given that no-one knew that the Avatar had been possessed by Grima.