Mystery of Naga

We know that Naga is the Divine Dragon King and died protecting mankind from the Earth Dragons. Yet she reappears in Awakening. What's the story behind that when she already died 500 years before the Akaneia Calendar? ......Or is the Naga in Awakening is really Nagi instead?

There are a lot of possibilities.

A) Naga didn't really die. She appears as Nagi in FE11/12.

B) Naga died and the Naga in FE13 is a spirit. Kind of like...

Tiki in The Future Past.

Knights of Iris actually suggests Naga is a spirit.

C) There is more than one Naga. Again, see...

The Future Past, where Tiki replaces FE13!Naga as the new Naga.

Edited by VincentASM

Posted (edited) · Hidden by VincentASM, June 26, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by VincentASM, June 26, 2013 - No reason given

Ignore this...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

A) Naga didn't really die. She appears as Nagi in FE11/12.

Doesn't Medeuth in Shadow Dragon comment about not being the only dragon who has revived when Nagi fights him?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Doesn't Medeuth in Shadow Dragon comment about not being the only dragon who has revived when Nagi fights him?

Dammit, wrong button...

Yeah, he does:

Hmm? So... I am not the only dragon revived. I had heard you perished the last time. No matter; you've recovered even less of your power than me. This time, you have no chance!

Edited by VincentASM

I'm fully aware of Tiki's role in The Future Past Episodes. All that I'm certain of is that Naga is dead and made no actual appearance in Marth's time and that Nagi is her reincarnation and vanishes from history after Medeus' obliteration. I guess the real mystery here is Nagi's identity: A revived Naga, or her reincarnation?

Edited by HeroKingMarth

You know, I wonder... Nagi was found in another world. Does this would have any significance in regards to anything? Like, needing to head there to recover (though Medeuth certainly didn't need to, either time he revived, then again he's not the same kind of dragon as Naga), or something like that...

I'm fully aware of Tiki's role in The Future Past Episodes. All that I'm certain of is that Naga is dead and made no actual appearance in Marth's time and that Nagi is her reincarnation and vanishes from history after Medeus' obliteration. I guess the real mystery here is Nagi's identity: A revived Naga, or her reincarnation?

Nagi is referred to as Naga's incarnation, not Naga's reincarnation. It's a very subtle difference that points to Nagi being Naga, rather than a separate person.

Then there's also Nagi being named Naga in the game code.

Plus Naga in FE13 is a dead ringer for Nagi. Well I think so anyway : P

Nagi is referred to as Naga's incarnation, not Naga's reincarnation. It's a very subtle difference that points to Nagi being Naga, rather than a separate person.

Then there's also Nagi being named Naga in the game code.

Plus Naga in FE13 is a dead ringer for Nagi. Well I think so anyway : P

Then I guess either way we look at it, Nagi IS Naga, or maybe a part of Naga herself, being an incarnation, but that complicates it even more so we'll leave it as Nagi being Naga

You know, I wonder... Nagi was found in another world. Does this would have any significance in regards to anything? Like, needing to head there to recover (though Medeuth certainly didn't need to, either time he revived, then again he's not the same kind of dragon as Naga), or something like that...

I'm not sure about the significance of it. I vaguely remember something about Ninian in FE 7 being a dragon and having to leave to another world in the end or risk dying. As for Medeus, he's an Earth Dragon and Earth Dragons have an exceptionally long lifespan and require more than one killing to be actually dead. And then there's the ability to morph into a Shadow Dragon

The difference there is quite slight. I could even make the argument that reincarnation is a kind of revival, especially when you seem to still have your memories. And be a dragon. With magical powers. Whom your daughter recognises.

The thing is, Nagi has little to no memories except for a vague familiarity of the White Sage Gotoh, a desire to stop Medeus and another Falchion. Nagi's identity is still unclear, though I did find some theories on the wikia site http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nagi

The thing is, Nagi has little to no memories except for a vague familiarity of the White Sage Gotoh, a desire to stop Medeus and another Falchion. Nagi's identity is still unclear, though I did find some theories on the wikia site http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nagi

True enough. But a mere lack of memories cannot change the nature of a man.

tumblr_me6tryot3I1rw12nho1_500.jpg

Seriously though, conclusive evidence as to who Nagi was is never given.

The Naga in Awakening is likely to be the soul of the original Naga however. At the least, I see no real reason why that shouldn't be the case.

The Naga in Awakening is likely to be the soul of the original Naga however. At the least, I see no real reason why that shouldn't be the case.

perhaps but that doesn't explain how she aided the first exalt with Grima

perhaps but that doesn't explain how she aided the first exalt with Grima

The same way she aided Chrom? Perhaps Nagi regained enough of her power to ascend to her divine state? We don't know enough about what exactly Divine Dragons can do.

The Future Past, where Tiki replaces FE13!Naga as the new Naga.

Here's a thought: what if Naga wasn't specifically a person, but a title for the leader of the Divine Dragons? That would explain how Nagi,is considered Naga's incarnation,as a successor and how Tiki becomes Naga in The Future of Despair. After all, Tiki is known as The Voice because she is princess of the Divine Dragons and daughter of Naga.