Fixed weapon ranks in Fire Emblem.

The Void

you could forge a stronger weapon instead. it's utterly bewildering how people manage to not understand this.

but I like my games to be trivially broken

I would think it would make Donnel better. Part of the problem with Donnel is that he takes too long to build weapon rank. But if a reclassed Donnel would immediately have the same weapon rank as Vaike or Gregor, he's suddenly a lot better since he no longer has to work his way up from E.

ok then current system stays :Kappa:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, what other E Rank weapons (since we were talking about bronze weapons) would be worth forging, exactly? The Glass weapons only have 3 uses, and the joke weapons have lower starting might.

I don't think Dondon means E Rank weapons. I believe he means all those nice D/C/B/A rank weapons you can already use of a different type.

I'll agree that getting access to 1-2 range is worth investment. I should've thought my post through a bit better there. I don't think it's really worth the frustration that going back to E rank brings in Awakening's system though. Maybe it's all in the head, but it's very disheartening to gain a new weapon type and find out you're losing a ton of attack, hit and even some defense just because you want to use this new toy.

It's especially frustrating because the game hands all these second seals to you and encourages you to change class. Weapon rank should factor into that reclassing decision, but the price you pay is huge in a fixed campaign.

(Honestly I think how important having 1-2 range is in Awakening is the real problem with sword users, but that's a different topic)

Edited by LunaSaint

I don't think Dondon means E Rank weapons. I believe he means all those nice D/C/B/A rank weapons you can already use of a different type.

I'll agree that getting access to 1-2 range is worth investment. I should've thought my post through a bit better there. I don't think it's really worth the frustration that going back to E rank brings in Awakening's system though. Maybe it's all in the head, but it's very disheartening to gain a new weapon type and find out you're losing a ton of attack, hit and even some defense just because you want to use this new toy.

It's especially frustrating because the game hands all these second seals to you and encourages you to change class. Weapon rank should factor into that reclassing decision, but the price you pay is huge in a fixed campaign.

(Honestly I think how important having 1-2 range is in Awakening is the real problem with sword users, but that's a different topic)

reclassing has consequences if you relinquish your weapon ranks, news at 11

btw, it's called reclassing into something you already have weapon rank in

unless you're Donnel, HA HA

Tell me, what other E Rank weapons (since we were talking about bronze weapons) would be worth forging, exactly? The Glass weapons only have 3 uses, and the joke weapons have lower starting might.

you totally missed the point. i am astonished by how badly you managed to misinterpret my post.

I find it pretty funny that Chrom mentions using a sickle is close enough to a sword, yet Donnel ends up using spears anyway. Even the chapter name references it.

I guess Cavalier would've been fitting enough instead of Fighter considering his background with a mule at the very least. Merc seems fine for a groundbound alternative though.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

I find it pretty funny that Chrom mentions using a sickle is close enough to a sword, yet Donnel ends up using spears anyway. Even the chapter name references it.

I guess Cavalier would've been fitting enough instead of Fighter considering his background with a mule at the very least. Merc seems fine for a groundbound alternative though.

that's because everyone reclasses Donnel to Mercenary, hence the sword :B):

• 3 weeks later...

DSFE system actually seems to be the best for this kind of system

Say..... Archer always have D Bow, Hunter D Bow, Horseman B Bow, Sniper A Bow, Warrior C Bow

COULD work

that's what I was thinking

especially considering how Swordmaster/Sniper base C rank is already useful

Edited by shadykid