Atlus being Bankrupt

Xeroix

Speaking of that... I checked the comments.

The only thing that almost everyone was dreading was the cancellation of P5.

That... made me a bit angry.

I know it is their most popular series, but still.

-Starts watching it-

*look at the username

Well, for the majority, Persona=SMT

With SMT IV coming, there is no reason to wait for P5.

But I don't want to Atlus to go to the wrong hand until I have my copy of SMT IV re-release DDS1+2, and Nocturne as PS2 classics.

@Shengar

Ah, don`t get me wrong. I do love Persona, a lot. But Atlus produces a lot more then just that.

And I don`t really mind that majority.

Yup yup, I much more the same as you. I don't mind if they gonna make a spin-offs of spin-offs, but they better come up with new game and story rather than just rehash P4 and P3 =/

Both Etrian Oddisey IV and SMT IV released this year really feels like a breeze. I hope they continue releasing new games, but now this =(

Persona 5 is waaaaay more important than some new Etrian Odyssey or SMT game. The only thing that could possibly hype me more than a new Persona would be, like, a new Digital Devil Saga or something.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

This may or may not be accurate, but I heard they've been going bankrupt for a while now, since 2010 I think. But then again, I'm not so sure so I could be wrong...

Persona? Nothing?

It might not be an outright insult but imagine if somebody came here and said "Intelligent Systems? They did Wario Ware, right? Man whatever"

It's not the same thing...This is an FE forum, but Persona is just some random game that happens to be popular for some reason.

"Would you not be surprised if somebody said 'IS? Who's that?' Well, Atlus roughly as much of a big deal as IS, and they have way bigger games than Trauma Center, so it's roughly as odd a thing to say" is the takeaway here

This may or may not be accurate, but I heard they've been going bankrupt for a while now, since 2010 I think. But then again, I'm not so sure so I could be wrong...

They have been in financial trouble for a long time. The Atlus development team has already been restructured once and was more heavily integrated into Index Holdings, its parent company. Technically speaking the dev team is now Index and not Atlus, but the branding was kept for familiarity. I remember people were worried about the North American publishing division being axed at the time, but then nothing seemingly happened.

Honestly with all the allegations of fraud, I do hope that the development team is passed on to more responsible hands. Personally, I kind of hope that Square Enix picks them up in Japan but keeps the current North American localization team, since I like Atlus's localizations better. I don't think Sony or Nintendo would jump on the chance to buy Atlus mostly because overseas even their biggest series is a niche title. That said, Nintendo sometimes surprises ever since they bought out MonolithSoft.

Edited by Samias

No no no. No Square Enix please.

Tomb Raider sold 3 million and know what they said? It was a failure.

Most Atlus IP are niche games that barely reached 200k sales except for Personas. Considering how SE put sale numbers as a measure of their success, they will butcher Atlus IP into some realistically graphic game with lackluster gameplay and story.

I seriously prefer Sony or Nintendo, even when Nintendo localization policy sometimes really irks me.

Persona 5 is waaaaay more important than some new Etrian Odyssey or SMT game. The only thing that could possibly hype me more than a new Persona would be, like, a new Digital Devil Saga or something.

Oh man, that would be fantastic.