My SSB4 Roster

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if a dead series like Star Fox is still allowed to have three characters, a series that's still going, like FE, should get at least three too, imo. >_>

I'm a fan of FE obviously, but just no. I'd rather the SSB roster not get swamped with borderline realistic anime characters as opposed to characters of the cartoony nature that Nintendo's awesome for keeping up.

Edited by Boney

I'm a fan of FE obviously, but just no. I'd rather the SSB roster not get swamped with borderline realistic anime characters as opposed to characters of the cartoony nature that Nintendo's awesome for keeping up.

I fail to see how a measly three characters qualifies as the roster getting swamped. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Nnnnnnno, no, way too many Mega Man representatives, and what's with Yugi?

(Wait, WTF, Mr. incredible, I take that back, 5 stars, gold, perfect.)

I agree with Boney, if there's too many anime like characters then SSB will start to just look, weirder.

No one will ever want Chibi Robo...

Edited by Knight

you forgot baby mario bros and nintendog refa.

those seem like rather farfetch'd suggestions, even considering my list

All your rosters are inferior to mine! Except Refa's, which wins by default, of course.

LeakedSSB4Roster.png

Marina is amazing, though.

I fail to see how a measly three characters qualifies as the roster getting swamped. :/

I don't even...okay, my point? Fans are begging for all sorts of kingdom hearts/final fantasy/tales/persona/phoenix wright etc etc type characters to get into the SSB roster. Having a game like Fire Emblem favored for the roster as opposed to Star Fox because of FE having more success at the moment would be a start towards more of these sorts of decisions. This is Super Smash Bros, the goofy and cartoony fighting game that anyone can pick up and play, not Street Fighter or Soul Calibur or MvC.

I don't even...okay, my point? Fans are begging for all sorts of kingdom hearts/final fantasy/tales/persona/phoenix wright etc etc type characters to get into the SSB roster. Having a game like Fire Emblem favored for the roster as opposed to Star Fox because of FE having more success at the moment would be a start towards more of these sorts of decisions. This is Super Smash Bros, the goofy and cartoony fighting game full of Nintendo characters that anyone can pick up and play, not Street Fighter or Soul Calibur or MvC.

fixed

obligatory when's Marvel

I don't even...okay, my point? Fans are begging for all sorts of kingdom hearts/final fantasy/tales/persona/phoenix wright etc etc type characters to get into the SSB roster. Having a game like Fire Emblem favored for the roster as opposed to Star Fox because of FE having more success at the moment would be a start towards more of these sorts of decisions. This is Super Smash Bros, the goofy and cartoony fighting game that anyone can pick up and play, not Street Fighter or Soul Calibur or MvC.

Um. just because fans are begging for those kinds of characters doesn't mean Sakurai will actually decide to use them. He isn't stupid. Also, Star Fox makes me think more of anime than regular cartoons, just with animals.

Edited by Anacybele

wait a minute hold up

I'm with Ana here, Fire Emblem deserves 3 characters

and slippery slope argument fails horribly considering Fire Emblem is not 3rd party (shut up, that was a typo :dry: )

(actually I'd prefer Star Fox getting cut to 2 characters, but w/e)

Edited by shadykid

FE is Second Party. The characters are property of Intelligent Systems, but the FE games are property of Nintendo.

IS develops it but Ninty publishes it.

Basically though, if sakurai wants to include any FE characters in Smash, he has to go talk to IS to get permission to use that character.

FE is Second Party. The characters are property of Intelligent Systems, but the FE games are property of Nintendo.

IS develops it but Ninty publishes it.

Basically though, if sakurai wants to include any FE characters in Smash, he has to go talk to IS to get permission to use that character.

not like IS is going to tell Sakurai "nope you can't use character X" lmao

Um. just because fans are begging for those kinds of characters doesn't mean Sakurai will actually decide to use them. He isn't stupid. Also, Star Fox makes me think more of anime than regular cartoons, just with animals.

We don't know that. It's risky. Also...anime isn't "regular" cartoons? ...I don't...how do I respond to this...

Well for starters, "anime" is just japanese cartoons. It's not an abnormal type of cartoon, it's just a cartoon with an established word for it. When I say that SSB should stay cartoony, I mean that it shouldn't just succumb to the borderline realism of those kinds of characters.

Anyway, FE is different than other series because it has varying protagonists. I'm assuming you'd like for 2 FE13 characters and then Marth or Ike to get in, but that's ridiculous. Introducing 2 characters from only a single game just makes no sense to do here.

Other than that, Fire Emblem having 3 characters in SSB is just plain wrong because all of the head protagonists being swordfighters. Fire Emblem isn't a series with a defined cast, so there's a very off chance that they'll include a guy for another weapon. It looks to me like the only way FE should ever have 3 representatives is if Ephraim is one of them. Not gonna happen.

Though, Anacybele, I don't think Star Fox should have 3 characters in either. I will give you that, only because they're always Fox and his clones. I think the most sensible thing for them to do is have Marth and Chrom(since he simply has to be there, no matter how much I don't want him to be) for FE, and have Fox along with Wolf or Falco for Star fox because one of them has to be cut. Or, if Sakurai is true demon spawn, Lucina will replace Marth(oh god, that hurts to type...). I'm sorry to tell you since I can tell you're a fan, but Ike's time is up. FE's always changing cast members, and time has passed.

Edited by Boney

not like IS is going to tell Sakurai "nope you can't use character X" lmao

Not quite...

In Melee, he went to go ask for permission to include Marth and Leaf in Melee. They let him use Marth, but they wanted him to use Roy instead of Leaf.

Yeah, Sakurai was okay with using Roy instead, but the point still stands.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina