Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

Just letting everyone know.

Here's who made the cut:

Tharja

Chrom

Lucina

Marth (Damn whoever thought it was cute to put Marth and Phoenix Wright in the same bracket)

Ike

Lyndis

Of them, I project Tharja making it to the final round.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting *ANY* of them to do very well. Surprised?

Of them, I project Tharja making it to the final round.

Two words: Minor. Character. That's more than enough for me to essentially dismiss Tharja's chance of doing much of anything. If Ike and Marth (both of who have seen some character battles before this point) couldn't do well, even with being the main characters of their respective games...

Edited by Levant Fortner

I'm not expecting Chrom to go any further than round 2 because Bowser (or Meta Knight).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Tharja is dead because Link dominates gamefaqs contests

Chrom and Lucina and Marth are all up against Sonic at some point

Ike is in a relatively weak region, but screw that, I'd vote Shulk anyway

? block the best, it even beat Link Lyn is screwed once Mega Man shows up

I think Chrom and Ike have a shot at division final, everyone else is dead barring crazy upsets

I'm not expecting Chrom to go any further than round 2 because Bowser (or Meta Knight).

Bowser yes, this ain't Brawl anymore

Edited by shadykid

Tharja is dead because Link dominates gamefaqs contests

Chrom and Lucina and Marth are all up against Sonic at some point

Ike is in a relatively weak region, but screw that, I'd vote Shulk anyway

? block the best, it even beat Link Lyn is screwed once Mega Man shows up

I think Chrom and Ike have a shot at division final, everyone else is dead barring crazy upsets

Bowser yes, this ain't Brawl anymore

The backpedaling on Tharja doesn't help her case.

I'd say that Chrom making division final would require a pretty big upset (or Bowser somehow losing in round one), since Mario is MUCH more prominent than FE.

Ike might get to division final, but seeing his performances in the past - ones that didn't exactly light the contest world on fire...

As to Lyn... iono, she might not get past Zero.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I was saying this isn't brawl, meta knight isn't stopping anything

Bowser of course, will

Well, either way, Meta Knight's not getting out of round one in all likelihood because of Bowser.

Two words: Minor. Character. That's more than enough for me to essentially dismiss Tharja's chance of doing much of anything.

Clearly you don't remember when the L-Block from Tetris won...

Actually, as I was a user over at GameFAQs at the time, I do. The issue is the fact that for one, FE characters (Ike and Marth, who have the most reasons of any FE character to actually do anything) haven't been doing well in those competitions at all, and second, Tharja's one of the most disliked Awakening characters.

(Damn whoever thought it was cute to put Marth and Phoenix Wright in the same bracket)

Well, this IS the same website with people who thought it was cute to put FE7 in a games contest in place of Golden Sun... and in a match where it would definitely look like crap thanks to being in a match with the very game that put the franchise on the map (SSB Melee).

Edited by Levant Fortner

that was obviously a one-time thing that will never happen again

I mean seriously, Link/OoT's streak in gamefaqs contests, has it hit double digits by now?

Actually, GameFAQs loves Tharja.

What...? Well, you'll have to forgive me for crying doomsday, but I think that once a real opponent comes around, Tharja will just fold like a cheap suit. Especially if it turns out no one really cares about the two she's going up against...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yeah, Tharja isn't winning next round even if she squeaks by this one and both of her opponents here are probably pretty bad.

No FE character except maybe Ike is getting past Round 2, and Ike winning Round 2 is far from guaranteed. Some aren't getting past Round 1.

Yeah, Tharja isn't winning next round even if she squeaks by this one and both of her opponents here are probably pretty bad.

No FE character except maybe Ike is getting past Round 2, and Ike winning Round 2 is far from guaranteed. Some aren't getting past Round 1.

And to think she got a 5 seed... Welp, I know now that she's just an overseeded fraud.

no, Ike is dead, there's a (minor) Zelda character and GlaDOS

and really, anything from Zelda/Final Fantasy/Mario/Pokemon will murder everything else

Dang it. Like anything can compete with deadly AI and cake that's a lie.

also somebody really dislikes Tharja for not being able to do something that any other Fire Emblem character can't do either

(remember guys, a 5 seed losing to a 2 seed makes you a fraud)

Edited by shadykid

also somebody really dislikes Tharja for not being able to do something that any other Fire Emblem character can't do either

(remember guys, a 5 seed losing to a 2 seed makes you a fraud)

not you, Levant Fortner spazzing out on the first page

Heh... making excuses, I see. All things considered, this display from Tharja is absolutely pathetic. Her opponents aren't even that strong, in all likelihood, and she's struggling to beat Tiny Tina, a 23 seed. What is that, then? And I DID say that someone was really overestimating Tharja by saying that she's getting to the final, and this just proves that's a bridge too far for fodder like her. And I said earlier that if Ike or Marth, who have more excuses than any other FE character to do well, couldn't, then...

Edited by Levant Fortner