Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, Ike is dead, there's a (minor) Zelda character and GlaDOS

and really, anything from Zelda/Final Fantasy/Mario/Pokemon will murder everything else

Epona has never made a contest before so we don't know what her strength is and GlaDOS didn't do that well in earlier contests though she is expected be stronger now. That one is anyone's match.

And entries within a series tend to be wildly different in strength.

I hope Tharja doesn't beat Tiny Tina. If she does, I might have to smack someone in their bitch face.

whoops

Heh... making excuses, I see. All things considered, this display from Tharja is absolutely pathetic. Her opponents aren't even that strong, in all likelihood, and she's struggling to beat Tiny Tina, a 23 seed. What is that, then? And I DID say that someone was really overestimating Tharja by saying that she's getting to the final, and this just proves that's a bridge too far for fodder like her. And I said earlier that if Ike or Marth, who have more excuses than any other FE character to do well, couldn't, then...

Aerith is a 20 seed

not that Tiny Tina is strong or anything, but seed=/=character strength

....and Lucina is screwed, why Sonic

whoops

Aerith is a 20 seed

Well, damn.

Chrom, I really hope you don't get screwed.

Aerith is a 20 seed

Agreed that seeding is no indicator of character strength - look at Halo vs. StarCraft (or StarCraft in general) in the first games contest. Also, Aerith's doing well indeed, but... fanbase splits lead to weird things, you know.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Chrom has Bowser, dunno if that screws him over or not (probably does)

anyone know how strong Kefka (or FF6 in general) is

Yep, he's screwed. I'd expect the Nintendo fanbase split to favor Bowser.

Kefka... well, he's a weird one in these things. From what I remember, he probably isn't that strong.

Yep, he's screwed. I'd expect the Nintendo fanbase split to favor Bowser.

Kefka... well, he's a weird one in these things. From what I remember, he probably isn't that strong.

Dang it, this is not a good day for Fire Emblem.

And Marth is screwed because he's got Phoenix Wright. The Capcom fanboys are going to jump all over that, plus he's got a game coming out in October.

well everyone knows it's gonna be Link vs Cloud vs Mario

should've had Mario vs Sephiroth in a semi though, because Link will just roll over him (and Cloud would obviously roll over him even harder)

Edited by shadykid

How do you know people are rigging the votes in favour of Tharja? I mean, they probably are but try to prove it to me that the voters for the other two characters aren't doing the same and aren't doing it better. Something like sudden spikes in votes in a certain period of time arouses suspicions, but you can only know if you're a moderator running the thing.

I'm surprised the margin was so close to begin with

Not me - I wasn't expecting any one of them to be all that strong to begin with.