Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the next set after Aerith/Hero/Rinoa, which is going on now

Okay... though I think it'll just be the Chie/Draven show because I can't help but consider Jak a non-factor.

true, but Tiny Tina was supposed to be a non-factor and neither Chie or Draven is any good :B):

Jak's been in other contests, and he's sucked it up in all of them though. And I remember that platformer characters besides Mario, Yoshi, Mega Man (X), Zero, and Sonic tend to suck.

Edited by Levant Fortner

IMO, Ike, Lucina, and Lyn have solid chances of making it to at least the second round (Tarja already won hers)

Ike will have an uphill battle against Protoman and Robotnik, but he's got a solid chance due to Brawl.

Marth *might* make it. His big chance will be his double SB appearences against Phoenix's better games. This will be either a smashing win for Phoenix or a narrow scrape-by for Marth IMO.

Lyn has a cake-match. ? block is a joke and Rikku has to deal with FFX-2 holding her back. Rikku might win if the FF fans rally behind her, but on the whole, Lyn will most likely win.

Tharja won her match already, but it was CLOSE and against two weaker characters. She probably won't progress.

Chrom is toast. He's up against both The Boss and The Heavy. Unless a massive surge of FE fans come, the TF2/Metal Gear votes will seal his doom.

Lucina has a VERY solid chance. Both her opponents are relative unknowns. Caim will almost certainly lose and Dracula is her only competition, and he's been off the radar for a while. So most likely Lucina will win.

Chrom is toast. He's up against both The Boss and The Heavy. Unless a massive surge of FE fans come, the TF2/Metal Gear votes will seal his doom.

And even if he did make it, Bowser will just stomp him.

Luncia is toast in round 2 though as she'll be up against Sonic.

Edit: If Marth can win, he'll have relatively smooth sailing as, aside from KOS-MOS, none of the rest in his bracket have staying power.

Edited by Snowy_One

Luncia is toast in round 2 though as she'll be up against Sonic.

Edit: If Marth can win, he'll have relatively smooth sailing as, aside from KOS-MOS, none of the rest in his bracket have staying power.

nope, Vincent Valentine is there to ruin Marth's (and Dunban's) day

Vincent probably won't do terribly well. He's a secondary optional character. His game probably isn't remembered by anyone but the most die-hard fans/gamers

yes, but this is gamefaqs, where being in FFVII elevates you to at worst mid-tier

unless you think Marth could beat Zelda or Ganondorf as well

Edited by shadykid

Which one? You might have SOME luck depending on who it is.

I do think Zack is one of the weaker ones?

Vincent is probably the strongest after Cloud/Sephiroth though, Marth AND Mewtwo are screwed

Edited by shadykid

Vincent is probably the strongest after Cloud/Sephiroth though, Marth AND Mewtwo are screwed

... I'm not too sure about that, it might be Cloud/Sephiroth > Zack > Vincent, because there are a LOT of people who love Crisis Core. Dirge of Cerberus is a bit of a base breaker.

He could be, but as I stopped paying attention to these some time ago, I dunno...

I follow these contets pretty closely and see some confusion here so I'll break the FE characters' paths down for everyone:

Tharja won her Round 1 match, yeah, but her opponents were likely weak as hell, and being seriously threatened made her look pretty bad. She was never going to beat Aeris and Shepard in Round 2, of course, but her performance here probably isn't encouraging for Chrom and Lucina winning their Round 1 matches, as they have better competition.

Lucina likely gets second in Round 1, beating Caim and losing to Dracula. We only saw Dracula previously in that dumb Rivalry Rumble contest but the Alucard/Dracula rivalry did okay there. ALSO HE'S NAMED DRACULA AND IS CLEARLY THAT DRACULA. And Symphony of the Night is the stronger game and Castlevania is probably still the stronger series. Lucina would likely need to be announced for the new Smash game to stand a chance. If she pulls if off, she still loses in Round 2 to Sonic and extremely likely Barret as well.

Marth/Phoenix in Round 1 could be pretty close. Even Nightmare may end up not far behind them but I doubt he wins. Personally I'm rooting for Phoenix here. Whoever wins dies to Vincent in Round 2 though. It may sound strange if you're not familiar with these contests, but Vincent is consistently one of the top 15 strength characters in these things. It is true but entirely irrelevant that nobody cares about Dirge of Cerebus. And even if Vincent wasn't there it's not like Marth wins the Nintendo vs. Nintendo battle against Mewtwo.

Chrom probably loses to The Boss in Round 1 and might even lose to Heavy. Heavy certainly has better rallying potential if it's close. However, an announcement for the new Smash game would again be a game-changer here. Though if he wins, Chrom gets last place to Sub-Zero and Bowser in Round 2 regardless.

Ike probably beats Protoman and Robotnik in Round 1. Robotnik hasn't been very good in these contests in the few glimpses we've gotten of him. Protoman might give a respectable performance but shouldn't threaten to win. Round 2 is tougher. Epona is untested but should be pretty decent. GlaDOS used to be weak but that was before Portal was given away for free and Portal 2 came out, plus she's looking at a Nintendo-fanbase split. Ike could win but I think he's the underdog here. If he pulls it off, he definitely loses to Solid Snake in Round 3. He loses to Zack too if Zack gets there but if someone else makes it into the match because of a fanbase split he could get second.

Lyndis is a newcomer but she's not beating Rikku in Round 1. She could easily get last place if ? Block is able to attract the joke vote crowd. If she was strong she probably wouldn't have taken a decade after FE7 to get into a contest. Even if Lyn is unexpectedly decent she still almost certainly loses this match. Like, I'm not sure Ike would win this, much less someone not playable in Smash.

Meh, I stopped caring about these GameFaqs character battles long ago. Link is gonna win anyways.

fixed for accuracy, it's been the case since L-block (which was the last interesting one other than Brawl going down)