What is the general concensus on same-turn reinforcements?

1% critted

Or, another good example is FE6 Chapter 18. Even knowing that the circle of tents is dangerous, what can you do about it?

Now that's an infuriating example - that and the chapter after (IIRC, they spawn from the houses in the latter chapter).

Edited by Levant Fortner

FE13's Ch. 16 & Ch. 17 are reinforcement hell

Sure, they "warn" you, but you still don't know what types of enemies are there or even where they will show up. How is anyone supposed to know that 8 Falcoknights spawn all over the map, the turn after those Heroes, Warriors and Snipers show up?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think they got worse as the series went on, since I seem to remember lots of the FE6 reinforcements spawning at your starting point on like turn 10, or behind enemy lines so that you knew what to watch for when you made it that far. In FE13, bow users just spawn whenever and wherever they want and proceed to instagib a flier, and don't get me started on the enemy Falcoknights...

FE13 is really good about letting you know when they come because the bosses are like HEY CHROM REINFORCMENTS COMING SOON more or less, but some stuff like the flying dragons in fe12 were pretty bullshit.

I still don't mind them really, even like FE6 gave you some warning when they did it.

they're only really bad if its something stupid with counter

Edited by General Horace