The Sumia hate is irking me...

I always seem to have trouble using the faster Pegasus Knights, to be honest. Florina kept dying on me, and Sumia is almost dying on me a lot and she's weak as hell. Cordelia was much faster and stronger when the two were at similar levels. If I didn't want to recruit all the kids in my first playthrough, I'd be benching Sumia entirely and not even letting her marry. I probably will do that next playthrough, because I don't see myself caring much for Cynthia either anyway. Not to mention that her high voice you guys are talking about will probably annoy me to no end.

Have you recruited Cynthia yet? If not then ignore everyone else and make your own judgement when you get her. Also if I remember correctly having Cynthia's paralogue available (and Severa's) allows for early access to Owain so that's a plus if you like him I guess.

Edited by Virion

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I did get Severa. And I can currently get Owain. I'm just trying to get Lissa and Donnel the right skills to give him.

I did read Cynthia's support with Severa though (because I don't intend to support the two at all atm. Too busy wanting to support Severa with Inigo instead lol) and Cynthia did weird me out in it. I mean, the whole hero business with her just made me go "uh...yeah, okay..." and stuff. She's more interesting than her mother though, imo.

No, but I did get Severa. And I can currently get Owain. I'm just trying to get Lissa and Donnel the right skills to give him.

I did read Cynthia's support with Severa though (because I don't intend to support the two at all atm. Too busy wanting to support Severa with Inigo instead lol) and Cynthia did weird me out in it. I mean, the whole hero business with her just made me go "uh...yeah, okay..." and stuff. She's more interesting than her mother though, imo.

Cynthia's Harvest Scramble conversations with Severa explain why she is like that.

Cynthia's voice is not annoying at all. It's high-pitched, sure, but it's actually kinda cute and fits her perfectly.

She also has one of the best quotes in the whole game. "This is the end, friend!"

Cynthia's voice is not annoying at all. It's high-pitched, sure, but it's actually kinda cute and fits her perfectly.

She also has one of the best quotes in the whole game. "This is the end, friend!"

In my opinion, her voice sounds like a broken high-pitched tape recorder.

Don't forget, "Too slow, bro!"

damn right it is

Don't forget, "Too slow, bro!"

nope, can't be as good as the best line in the game

Most of the characters which people criticize with having high pitched voices... I always tend to like.

Granted, I have my limit... but I don't know why I'm that way.

...and while I also don't know why I know some of you are tempted just to say WEEEEB, I tend to have a higher... threshold on the higher pitches when it comes to Japanese voices. English voices, I have a lower pitch tolerance threshold.

Most of the characters which people criticize with having high pitched voices... I always tend to like.

Granted, I have my limit... but I don't know why I'm that way.

...and while I also don't know why I know some of you are tempted just to say WEEEEB, I tend to have a higher... threshold on the higher pitches when it comes to Japanese voices. English voices, I have a lower pitch tolerance threshold.

WEEEEB

so which high pitched English voices do you like

Edited by shadykid

Cynthia's quotes are the reason that she's the only Pegasus Knight in this game that I enjoy using.

I enjoy using Sumia, too.

Y'know. Because I need to to make Cynthia's stats better. Then when I get Cynthia, the game pretty much turns into a Male!Avatar/Cynthia duo.

Japanese Cynthia is much cuter for me. I smile every time I hear 「がんばっちゃうよ~!」 [Ganbacchau yo~] ["I'll do my best!" (?)]. WAY TOO CUTE, main reason why I was so torn between Anna and Sumia in my Lunatic file.

Wow, I just went to look at Chrom and Sumia's support video on YouTube and someone commented, and I quote:

"A bunch of people agree on that (mostly girls who marry chrom I guess). But Sumia is so bland and a stereotypical flat clumsy pretty girl who is always acting all hopeless. While FeMu is smart, forgiving, strong and independent. Plus chrom and FeMu get a lot of screen time together with a bunch of sweet things said here and there. I just married Sumia to Fredrick. Lol."

I really like Sumia's characteristics, she's clumsy but she's always really hard-working, as seen in her supports with Frederick. If anything, I didn't like the way they portrayed the Avatar, since they made him/her a Mary Sue, haha.

I married Sumia to my +HP, -Str male Avatar and didn't regret it at all. Grind Sumia for Galeforce? No need when your two daughters joins as Pegasus Knights at level 10, so you can just automatically Master Seal them to Dark Flier! Sure, there's some grinding involve for them, but that's how you strengthen them! Access to all female classes? Look at all the things Cynthia can be! Fem!Morgan kinda resembles Sumia, too! Also, I'm slowly getting her convos with Sully, and already I love the dynamics between the two.

Not to mention that Chrom's royal assets is not a prize for a woman to feel awesome, powerful and valuable. It's just cheapening a character into needing someone like Chrom to define their worth and ignoring anything else. If you only judge a character by its main shtick and not its other attributes- she's a bookworm, for one, which really reminds me of myself, and she really, REALLY loves pegasi, and she even goes off and has a stable of them post game!

So yeah. I'm kinda bummered she didn't had as many suitors as she could, because I LOVE Sumia... especially more after having Robin!Lucas marry her.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to dislike Sumia, but then I actually started "using her" as a unit.

I thought she was very weak, and couldn't do much, but then I finished the game, well, she became "good".

SUMIA is ONE of the few characters with personality :newyears:

and she slaps CHROM!!!!!! thats why she is so great! :lol:

plus she CAN BE POWERFUL!

No, she punches Chrom. And Sumia tends to be frail compared to other units.