Water Magic

NyanKitteh

First of all, these are all just theoretical ideas/brainstorming; they aren't final ideas for anything. Also, these ideas were mainly developed for the idea of African Fire Emblem which I came up with earlier.

So, I was just curious about what FE fans might think about something. What if there was a fourth (or fifth, counting staffs) magic type introduced into the magic triangle? (Probably the Radiant Dawn triangle) It would be like Knives in RD, in that it would be neutral to the weapon triangle. Personally, I think that it would make sense for the weapon type Water Magic to fill this role; there would be a brand new weapon type introduced to FE.

Water could have lower power than Light, but greater accuracy and lower weight. It would be neutral in the magic triangle. It could include some ice-based spells, too, along with many other types of water-based spells. Some ice-based spells may draw from magic, but target defense. Like any other wean type, only certain classes could use it. There would almost certainly be a basic water-mage-type class, similar to mage/monk/shaman, but ther would almost certainly be other classes that could use Water. For instance, perhaps a form of the crocodile knight and camel knight I mentioned a while ago could use Water.

So, those are my ideas (so far, at least) on the possibility of a fifth magic type/ a Water Magic weapon type. I'd like to know what you guys think and what ideas you might have!

FE already has my two favourites, Lightning and Wind. Next to that I suppose is, like, Earth, but that's a distant third.

Lightning has things like Indignation, Wind has Cyclone. Earth/Lightning has Gravity Well or somesuch.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I hear of water magic all I remember is this really old thread where it was discussed and then someone mentioned the basic tome being called water and then having "A Water broke!" come up on the screen. I think more magic is cool though, but the magic triangle is probably dead forever. No big loss.

Well, I thought of some. Anima magic triangle/square (I planned for earth magic to, but this is water)-

Lighting (highest might and Crit) beats Water

Water (which is the most balanced magic) beats Fire

Fire (lower might but higher accuracy) beats lightening

Wind is neutral (having the highest hit, lowest might and being affective on fliers)

Dark Magic would also be neutral (unless they return light), being the least accurate but the most powerful.

I also thought of a system where Lightening does more damage to foes on water, fire does more damage to foes in the woods, and water does more damage to foes on hills (erosion)

But I still had it all (except dark) filed under a single 'anima' category.

• 1 month later...