Search for Valor Chapter 1

Psych

i31.png

Thank you for accepting our proclamation valiant heroes! I am afraid my aunt, the queen, has taken sick and returned to her chambers, but she has sent gifts your way before you leave. Let us see.

For Andrea, a powerful Magic Rod. It will allow you to cast any magic spells you may have in a Spell Book, should you come upon one. Be careful with your powers, and make sure to think of what could best fit your situation.

For Evan, a sharp Sword. Use it slash your way through beasts and wild plants. Taking time to train may teach you powerful techniques.

For Mel, a Blaster. It is new magical technology able to fire blasts of energy from far away. It is more powerful than common a Bow and Arrows but after so many shots you will have to take some time letting it recharge. If you aren't careful, it can even backfire in your hands.

For Boris, my aunt wasn't exactly sure what to give a large Wing Bear, so she has entrusted you with this Healing Ring. It will improve any healing effects you may receive by 20%. Only one ring may be equipped at a time, but you might be able to purchase more at a Jewler's.

Finally, we are giving you a magical Sack of Goods. It has an unlimited inventory space, and will allow you four and any allies you come along to trade goods across long distances.

Good luck dear heroes. My aunt is very excited for your return with fabulous treasures and gems. Our network of knights say the first unexplored dungeon is somewhere to the south, but they aren't sure where.

You may head south to the beach, west to town, or east towards the river. You do not need to remain together if you wish to split up.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan tested out his new blade with a few practice swings, it felt like the perfect weapon for him. Sliding the weapon into it's sheathe and strapping it to his side.

"Wouldn't it be wise to go to town first and pick up a few supplies rather than heading straight into the dungeon? Better safe than sorry when it comes to venturing into the unknown I'd say."

"The hell does this thing do?" Andrea quietly grumbled under her breath. She cleared her throat. "I'm willing to go to town with you guys. This glorified stick is useless without a magic book to go with it. Perhaps there will be one in town."

After the bear finished the awkward placing of the ring upon one of his fingers, he looked to the others.

"I will go westward as well. Maybe there would be something good to eat."

Of course, this was all coming out as grunts and growls, so Boris wasn't sure his message came across. In any case, he started leading the way westward.

nv5.png

The group continues walking towards town when they come across another soldier. He explains that some of his men went out for a training exercise today but go lost and haven't returned yet. If you could round them up, he'll reward you.

Receive quest: Soldier's Duty - Find the Men

There are exits North, West, South, and East.

"Well, rewards are always nice aren't they? I'll track down your men, which direction did they head for the training exercise?" Evan questions the soldier.

"Eh, why not. Where's the harm in a little side tracking. Rewards are awfully nice after all. Though, would be a shame if we ran into any trouble and you still hadn't picked up any magic spells. Wouldn't want you to get hurt~"

Boris began sniffing the air for the lost soldiers, but to no avail. "They must be far," the bear said in a series of grunts and growls. He stood by and awaited the remaining soldier to answer the questions so they could better assess the situation.

"There are 5 Soldiers around the Castle Plains area. It should not be too hard to find them. I'll give you an old piece of equipment if you find them."

Mel muttered under her breath, "Great, we'll probably end up with some old rusted piece of armour..." Realizing no one else was doing anything, she sighed. "Alright, sounds good. We'll head out now. See you when we're done."

whnh.png

The knight hands you a map. It's not very filled in, but you should be able to get around and find your locations with it. It will also allow you to see your allies' locations.

je9.png

Mel and Evan head East to find the soldiers. They come upon one, who mentions that his allies are farther east towards the river. There should also be a Fruit Tree around here somewhere.

There are exits North, South, and East.

6mqd.png

Boris and Andrea continue into town, hoping to make some progres. A young girl stops them with an excited look on her face. "Why hello there! Welcome to the castle town! I see you are traveling with a Wing Bear there. I just love animals, so I know a lot about them. Wing Bears have difficulties traveling around water. There's some areas that you can reach that they can't, but if you have a Wing Bear Flute, it lets them join you no matter where you are. Say, I have an extra one here. I'll give it to you if you can answer a question. I just love riddles."

Recieve Quest: Quiz Time! - Solve the Girl's Riddle

"What's the special move a Wing Bear can perform after eating it's favorite food, Bananas?"

There are exits North, West, South, and East.

Edited by Psych

"Gee, I should really know this one," Boris thought to himself. He hadn't had bananas in quite some time, so he never really tested out any abilities he might have gained. The winged bear remained silent as Andrea answered the riddle; he was rather curious as to what he could do himself.

oh29.png

"Good job! Here's the flute. And welcome to the town!"

The two receive the item and notice all the shops and people in town.

There are exits North, West, South, and East, as well as all of the open houses. The Inn, The Shop, The Jewler's and The Magic Shop are all open.

You can also pick 3 people each to talk to at once. Just point them out such as "the boy with the dog, the lady near the pen, or the old man by the fountain".

7pnk.png

The soldier goes back to his captain, and the two continue east. They pass a Yellow Fruit tree, and notice three of the other soldiers. That makes 4 total. However, it appears they're fighting a group of monsters! A large moblin is commanding three others!

Mini Boss Fight: Moblin and minions

Moblin: 18 HP

Minion x3: 16 HP

Soldier x 3: 15 HP

Mel: 10 HP

Evan: 19 HP

Mel grins and pulls out her blaster. "Well, time to see if this thing is at all useful." Aiming carefully at the Moblin, she shot him square in the chest. "Alright. I can work with this."

[spoiler=roll]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4119766/

8+2=10, hit!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4119769/

6 damage!

Moblin is at 12 HP

Evan was more than ready to test out his new blade against these pests, if he showed enough skill maybe these guys would put in a good word with that other guard and give them some extra gear. Charging forward and slashing at the boss Moblin

[spoiler= Roll]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4119922/

9= hit with some side effect

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4119923/

4 damage

Moblin is at 8 HP

Edited by Eail

"Oh, a Magic Shop? Let's see what they have! Hmm, and I should talk to the old person in front of the Shop, the girl near the northeastern house, and the little boy next to the fountain."

"All this talk about food is making me hungry," Boris commented, followed by a growling stomach.

Boris watched as Andrea went to the magic shop and the aforementioned people. With such a big town, he thought it best to split up and interview more people. The jeweler caught his eye; perhaps there would be more useful items for them there. While in the area, the winged bear would also talk to others. He would make an attempt to talk to the girl in front of the jeweler but, being a beast, he would have far better luck conversing with the chicken and dog (also close to the jeweler). Maybe they knew where some bananas were...

w0dg.png

Andrea takes time to talk to some of the villagers before heading to the Magic Shop. The old woman in front of the shops tells her about a beautiful young lady in the Western Plains who owns a lot of jewelry and even a fancy Ring Box which lets you hold and use more Rings at once. The young boy talks about a supposed Elvin Town hidden far to the east. It's supposed to lie beyond the Fairy's Woods. The girl in the northeast says that that is the Mayor's House, and that he's a very smart man. He might have some information if you ask nicely.

In the Magic Shop, the girl running it says that this is her store, and that she used to work for her granny who lived in Elvin Town.

Magic Book: Comes with Snowdrift, Tornado, Raindrop, Examine, and Heal, as well as 5 more pages for spells. 40 Rupees

Explosion: Requires a Magic Book. 15 Rupees

Flame: Requires a Magic Book. 10 Rupees

Magic Arrow: Requires a Magic Book. 10 Rupees

Warp Powder (10 uses): Allows quick travel on Warp Tiles. 10 Rupees

4ocb.png

Boris talks to the girl in front of the Jewelers, but she doesn't seem to notice him. She does mention something about the old closed house in the north of town belonging to an old sailor who was lost at sea long ago. The chicken just boks about wanting to go back into his pen. The dog says he lost his favorite bone, and if they can find him a new one he'll give Boris his Toy Ball.

Quest Recieved: A Boy and his Dog - Get the Large Bone

The Jeweler's inside is quite small. It appears that the Blue Snake is able to give you a vision of a nearby ring you do not own for 5 rupees, while the Red Snake is able to let you mix and match certain rings and have a chance at creating your own for 10 rupees.

There are also several for sale.

Elemental Ring: +1 damage when using an effective element or spell against an enemy. 20 Rupees

Aquatic Ring: Allows item/weapon use underwater. 10 Rupees

Blade Ring: +1 damage while equipped with a sword. 15 Rupees

Shield Ring: -1 damage taken when equipped with a shield. 15 Rupees.

Inventory:

Blaster (Equipped to Mel)

Sword (Equipped to Evan)

Magic Rod (Equipped to Andrea)

Healing Ring (Worn by Boris)

Winged Bear Flute

also i forgot to mention this but the princess gave you 100 Rupees

uq6j.png

One of the minion's is able to hit Evan while he was attacking the Moblin. The other two fire their arrows, hoping to hit someone. Mel or Evan may be able to dodge them if they Defy Danger.

The soldiers slash at some of the minions.

The boss Moblin becomes angry at Mel's blast, and charges straight at her! It'll barrel down the other knights too!

Moblin: 8 HP

Minion 1: 8 HP

Minion 2: 11 HP

Minion 3: 12 HP

Soldier x 3: 15 HP

Mel: 10 HP

Evan: 16 HP

Edited by Psych

"This is TOTALLY for the good of the group," Andrea said with a menacing chuckle. "I'll take the Magic Book, as well as the spells Warp Powder and Flame," she told the shopkeeper.

Dunno about this Elvin Village, but it sounds like a good place to stock up on more magic!

OOC: That should leave 40 rupees for everyone else. Tee-hee~!