GhastStation's Sprite Gallery

ghast

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah chill it doesn't look too tough although I'd want to take the summoning fellow out obviously lol

I'll run it by Lenh although he's usually cool about this type of thing so I doubt he'll say no

Yeah if I finish it I'll send it to you, actually just to make to easier do you want it put on the feditor animations topic or do you want it private?

Nah chill it doesn't look too tough although I'd want to take the summoning fellow out obviously lol

I'll run it by Lenh although he's usually cool about this type of thing so I doubt he'll say no

Yeah if I finish it I'll send it to you, actually just to make to easier do you want it put on the feditor animations topic or do you want it private?

She

thank you I am happy you think so!

if you dont mind, could you tell me where therrs pillow shading? maybe in the standing.frame and i can work from there. I am still not good enough at that to perfect for lack of a better term.

XgBDntF.png

Notice how on the left, the pants shading has a light source and the right doesn't

molderingtutpillowshadigg8.gif

Right now your shading looks like the bad examples, because your light source isn't well defined. Try making your sprites look like something on the right.

Also, your lines are very messy. Notice on your sprite, on the far leg, the line is jaggy, while the collar is the same.

I don't think I explained it well, though...

Also, the sword blur you added onto was messily done. When you do lines and blurs you have to make sure that they are smooth and clean, like so:

GmqIH42.png

I didn't change the body, which needs fixing, but I quickly changed the sword blur. It's not perfect, but it'll get the job done.

Edited by GabrielKnight

thanks a lot! i tried to take your remake as a good example and copy/pasted the diagram. you're right on everything, so i took a stab at shading better, I hope it looks less pillowy.

i'm happy that i can get corrected this early on b/c atm his movement don't require too much intense change, for lack of a bettr term

OuLVON9.png

edit: also thanks a lot on the blur correction, im still trying to figure out how to make proper ones, i can try using the line tool in paint maybe?

edit: after inserting the standing frame to compare color clashes, i realized that the colors clash hard with enemy palettes, it just feels out of place. im trying to find a new blue palette that looks really nice but having little to no luck

Edited by GhastStation

With some help from a couple awesome SF members, Bram got a whole new sexy look.

Also, progress on the normal.

udRUdeK.gif

Wanted to be creative with the whole dual-(duel?) swordsman thing. I wasn't going for after images like a sword master or lyn. I was thinking more like Shadow-clones... Thoughts?

taking a little break from animating in hopes i can get started on my own project. Here's ch. 1, I've never mapped before so yeah, do your worst, CnC!

F9cX7XV.png

Edited by GhastStation

This is a very solid first map! A lot better than my first.

Alright:

6c4f41c36cba224bec45ad06285d5f86.png

The red and orange boxed tiles are incorrect. Notice how they just sort of run into the ground? If you look at the green boxed wall you can see it forming a 90 degree angle to make a wall. The blue does this too but it runs to the side so that other walls or doors can join with it.

Now for the yellow. The house tiles look funky because you have a path leading out of the house that's all of a sudden interrupted by a line of grass. Folks moving in and out of the house would stomp out the grass in front of the door so really it should just all be one connected path.

The trees seem extra straight when you have a column of 3 like that and the dark grass you have next to them highlights the problem even more. Trees wouldn't cast a straight continuous shadow like that. Since there are no tree shadow tiles we normally don't shade them.

That's really good, well done! One thing I suggest though is that you have a bit more variation with forest tiles, they are nearly all the same. Also I think some of the forest tiles you are using are being cut off on the perimeter.

There are different tiles for stand alone trees and ones that need to be in groups. You used some of the latter as the former, or as the edges of a group of trees, which results in some trees being cut off. Also, I'd include more/bigger mountains rather than just punny mounds, or not include mountain at all. That's more of a taste rather than technical thing though. Solid map otherwise.