GhastStation's Sprite Gallery

ghast

All he's doing is just moving his arms.

Like, not even kidding D:

Still, looks nice, and a good start for a map sprite.

This is your first, right?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the advice, Should this new standing one be insertable?

dHCFUhY.gif

B1hkHfN.gif

SPBr39u.gif

Jf4CB82.gif

gsgyELp.gif

showed them all for continuity's sake,

and yes this my first attempt at a map sprite. Well i had an older version of this but I just edited the merc a little to test it out. so it doesn't count

my topic is hot now :)

Edited by GhastStation

That's a little better, but his sword still hangs down by ~2 px--you really don't want anything going past the shadow at his feet. Shadow also disappear in his focus stances :P: But the moving frames look great (thought they still twitch a little)

My main problem with it is the blur is in the focus is messy. The rest of it is quite good though, especially for your first map sprite! I love the walking up frames. ^_^

Here: just an example of a cleaned up blur (feel free to change this, I rushed it just to show an example). 4KxMm.gif

I need help.

siwun8p.png

I know something's wrong with it. I keep thinking his head is too large, but when i try to sized it down, it loses its dog look.

feedback is much appreciated on this one.

• 2 months later...

been a while since i was active around here, kinda had a burst of creativity, been trying some new things and stepping out of the box... here are some standing sprites.

here is a concept of Lucy's promoted (defensive-druid(?)) class

xxG4zgG.png

here is a concept for Bram's promoted sprite

ueC0wOt.png

and here is Felix, a shaman lord class

R29eMRa.png

That would be lovely.

As for the sprites!

I am slightly confused on his sword. Is it bent towards him at the hilt? The base sprite at the top-left doesn't seem to be. Is it just the angle at which it is drawn that is confusing me?

The shading on his pants looks like the light source is coming from his right-hand side. I'm not sure though. Not much experience with battle sprites. The top half's shading looks fine to me.

@dom, yeah, well i just tried rotating the sword to see what kind of angles i can get. the angled (?) sword is just kinda there for scrap. but its not supposed to be weirdly bent like that.. i think. as for the pants, the light is supposed to shine on his left side. I'm not really that good with shading though, im still learning!

@Brendor, yeah sure! but the I haven't coded it in-game yet, well i am currently doing it, it has no sounds and has some scrap frames i need to get rid of. unless, well you want to code it ? XD

I'm really interested in the shaman lord and defensive druid classes! :D

EDIT: I think you should update your first post too with all the stuff you've done so far

Edited by Haku

@Brendor, yeah sure! but the I haven't coded it in-game yet, well i am currently doing it, it has no sounds and has some scrap frames i need to get rid of. unless, well you want to code it ? XD

I'm currently coding L95's sage edit :<

but if you finish it lemme know :awesome: