NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

*Rainbow Dash voice* Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, OMIGOSH! GUYS, YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS. I'm going to get to meet FRANCO HARRIS! You all know who he is, right? ;D He's a Pittsburgh LEGEND. And he's coming to my town on the 14th! Just OMIGOSH!

Also, I'm gonna get to see the first Steeler main season game. It's Sunday at 1PM and I don't work until 6PM that day. :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, the Lions have been improving though, haven't they? They went undefeated for like six games last season, if memory serves.

Also, I'm surprised no one has had any reaction to my going to meet a legendary Steeler. But whatevs, I have reason to be excited and happy. :3

Hey, the Lions have been improving though, haven't they? They went undefeated for like six games last season, if memory serves.

Considering they went 4-12... sure why not

Here's hoping they go 10-6 again, this team has shown it's capable and even though they bowed out to the Saints it wasn't a complete blowout - they remained generally competitive throughout.

Who are they playing against and what are their odds? I can see their offense being overwhelming but taken down quite quickly by a solid pass rush (so basically most of the AFC North - sorry, although they will have much better luck against your division). Ziggy's got a concussion btw...

*Rainbow Dash voice* Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, OMIGOSH! GUYS, YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS. I'm going to get to meet FRANCO HARRIS! You all know who he is, right? ;D He's a Pittsburgh LEGEND. And he's coming to my town on the 14th! Just OMIGOSH!

*shrug* My friends were in the same movie theater as Ray Rice and my other friend drove past Jacoby Jones in his Camaro. Also I have a friend who teaches at the high school that Jim Schwartz went to (did you guys know he's a Marylander?). Jones will be sort of a legend in the future for his weird catches and plays despite his average playability so... And a few friends who have met Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Tony Dungy, and Joe Flacco. It's not generally uncommon especially since they tend to loom around the major cities considering they basically work there. Edited by Lord Raven

Hiya since im from pasadena Md. im a redskins fan and no one talks about the redskins here......... sad

You're joking. Redskins fans have been the most annoying and vocal people in Maryland this past year, and they continue to be terrible

There's always next year, Helios.

I'll probably be thinking this by week 10. Then once winter arrives, while you guys will be thinking about the real Superbowl, the Lions fans will be thinking about THEIR Superbowl -- The NFL Draft lol.

Jokes aside though I think the Lions will surprise some teams this year, but right now the first team offense hasn't looked good in the preseason, and I can't help but worry about the secondary. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but it's not like I don't believe the team could have a winning season.

Also, I'm surprised no one has had any reaction to my going to meet a legendary Steeler. But whatevs, I have reason to be excited and happy. :3

Not last season, that was the season before when they made the playoffs. Last year they went 4-12 haha.

I didn't know who he was until I looked him up tbh. A HOF RB huh? That's pretty cool! Hope you have fun Anacybele!

Here's hoping they go 10-6 again, this team has shown it's capable and even though they bowed out to the Saints it wasn't a complete blowout - they remained generally competitive throughout.

Who are they playing against and what are their odds? I can see their offense being overwhelming but taken down quite quickly by a solid pass rush (so basically most of the AFC North - sorry, although they will have much better luck against your division). Ziggy's got a concussion btw...

They've got a tough tough schedule this year. They play the Vikings week 1, which is winnable since it's a home game and other than Ziggy and Delmas everyone is healthy right now. Jared Allen will probably have his way and get a couple sacks (like he always does), but as long as the team can slow AP down and put pressure on Ponder, Lions should start the year 1-0.

Broncos vs. Ravens tonight. Who do you guys got? I want to see the Ravens win, but right now I can't help but lean with the improved Broncos team. Ravens lost a lot of players on D, and while they've acquired some solid players, they haven't played long enough with each other yet. And it's not cold outside so Peyton won't suck.

Oh, oops lol. I never pay much attention to teams besides the Steelers, not even the Dolphins. Lol

But I'll have a good day when I meet Franco Harris. :D I have a morning shift that day, but I'm gonna make this work somehow. I'm not passing up this huge opportunity!

And Lord Raven, I know, but I don't live in a major city lol.

Edited by Anacybele

Broncos vs. Ravens tonight. Who do you guys got? I want to see the Ravens win, but right now I can't help but lean with the improved Broncos team. Ravens lost a lot of players on D, and while they've acquired some solid players, they haven't played long enough with each other yet. And it's not cold outside so Peyton won't suck.

61-0, Dumervil and Suggs will sack Manning so hard that they score a Safety, Flacco runs a trick play and kicks a field goal, Torrey Smith breaks the TD and Receiving Yards record with 550 receiving/8 touchdowns. Flacco throws all 8 of those touchdowns and throws for 600 yards.

Then we turn off Madden and realize that both teams are still very unproven teams and it could go either way. Our pass rush is incredible now, our line is healthy, our secondary is better than last year (not saying much, fuckin Bernard "15-Yard Penalty" Pollard, Cary "Curl Route" Williams, Jimmy "Inflammatory" Smith, and Ed "Play While Dying" Reed). Everyone's younger and healthier, even if we don't have Lewis' intelligence we should have a much easier time against their offense.

Our offense has been getting its kinks worked out in the offseason and I feel like even if we had some nice no-huddle drives that were balanced on pass/run, they still have a lot more up their sleeve. Ray Rice and Pollard have plays designed quite a bit more towards their strengths and our passing game is very rhythm-based. Our offensive line is great at preventing pressure and we lost Boldin but gained Stokely - not as great but almost the same. For a better offensive scheme, we can probably make Stokely as clutch as Boldin last year. Dropped passes are still a problem.

it can go either way

Hey Lord Raven, I had this funny conversation with my stepdad when I told him the Ravens were facing Pey-Pey and his Broncos today. lol

I said "that's who the Steelers started off facing last season" and chuckled. And my stepdad said "then maybe the Ravens will have a bad season!"

Cause the Steelers had one... XD

It's just a joke though, I'm sure the Ravens will do at least decent. :)

Edited by Anacybele

They're missing Champ Bailey, but Caldwell runs an offense that, unlike Cam Cameron's offense, isn't a traditional like... 80s NFL offense and is far more modern and West Coast-like at times. (I don't think there's any scripted plays though). They do more no-huddle rhythm offenses.

I'm surprised too, Jones held onto the ball instead of fumbling it.

Hey, it's still the first quarter, y'all. lol

Of course, I'm rooting for the Broncos, cause they're cool and Pey-Pey is cool (he scored more points cause of his and Eli's "Football On Your Phone" rap too, hehe). And even though the Ravens got a TD first, it can all change easy. In fact, a lot of the time, the team that takes the lead in the beginning winds up losing the game...

Yeah, the same happened in the Steelers vs Chiefs preseason game. Constant ties and good playing by both teams' offense and defense. It even went into OT.

I like a good competitive game!

Edited by Anacybele

Daaaamn. Pey-Pey and his guys just skyrocketed on the board. o_o

But I thought Wes Welker was a Patriot? I guess he changed teams.

Edited by Anacybele