NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least we took advantage... it was karma for the welker call i guess

EDIT: Congrats to the Broncos and Peyton Manning. I still feel confident about Flacco under center, and a lot went wrong for us (Ed FUCKING Dickson and Dallas FUCKING Clark fuck those guys) but his receivers need tons of work. However, Broncos are looking crazy good for the season. Our defense is solid when they aren't tired as fuck, also a good thing. And it's just a season opener for us.

Edited by Lord Raven

Geez, so much for a competitive, intense game. xP

Pey-Pey equaled the all time passing TD record, though! I knew he was awesome. :D

Did you guys know that the last time somebody threw seven TD passes in one game was also against Baltimore? *Henry chuckle* Nyahaha.

Edited by Anacybele

I am so pissed I had to work last night. I expect the Ravens to get a rematch in the AFC championship game. They are the 2 best teams in the AFC imo.

Why did the Ravens throw the ball so much? Flacco had 30 attempts at halftime and 60+ for the game. Meanwhile Ray Rice had just 12 carries...

I think the two best AFC teams are the Broncos and Steelers. The Steelers just had too many injuries last season to perform as well as usual. And Todd Haley just sucks. But no team is without a weakness.

Because oher was injured and we had to put a rookie guard (not even a tackle) into the game. Rice and Pierce could not do anything because the right side became ineffective. He also threw in a hurry constantly because he got right-sided pressure (ie pressure he could see) due to the absence of protection there. Oher should be back next week but it was one freak accident after another in that game.

He also played from behind the entire game cause Dickson kept dropping the ball and the defense was fielded constantly and tired. That's kinda why we gave up at the end; couldn't make the 3 and out and our defense was too tired to really do anything as effectively as the first half. But that's just a vicious cycle that the no huddle causes, especially in Denver where you burn out quicker due to lack of air.

Steelers aren't the best team in their division let alone the AFC.

Edited by Lord Raven

No huddle is not bad or stupid considering its exactly what killed us

How is it good if using it killed you?

Steelers aren't the best team in their division let alone the AFC.

You're just biased because you hate them. They don't have the most Super Bowl wins, the most third down conversions, and the top ranked defense in the league for nothing.

Edited by Anacybele

How is it good if using it killed you?

manning using it killed us. The offense moved too fast to even challenge a play let alone allow the defense to rest. The team was dead tired because the defense kept getting fielded and had to sprint every 10-15 seconds

You're just biased because you hate them. They don't have the most Super Bowl wins, the most third down conversions, and the top ranked defense in the league for nothing.

i don't hate the steelers, I hate fans like you who keep referencing the 70s and don't acknowledge that last year they missed the playoffs due to a problem (injuries age and high cap hits) that they still haven't addressed fully. They weren't division champions the past two years, btw, so how can you base being a conference champion off of that?

In fact the exact conditions that got us beat were the exact conditions under which you lost a wild card round two years back. Difference is that they had a quarterback that couldn't get within 100 miles of mannings jock at QB and we had peyton manning himself coming at us relentlessly.

manning using it killed us. The offense moved too fast to even challenge a play let alone allow the defense to rest. The team was dead tired because the defense kept getting fielded and had to sprint every 10-15 seconds

i don't hate the steelers, I hate fans like you who keep referencing the 70s and don't acknowledge that last year they missed the playoffs due to a problem (injuries age and high cap hits) that they still haven't addressed fully. They weren't division champions the past two years, btw, so how can you base being a conference champion off of that?

In fact the exact conditions that got us beat were the exact conditions under which you lost a wild card round two years back. Difference is that they had a quarterback that couldn't get within 100 miles of mannings jock at QB and we had peyton manning himself coming at us relentlessly.

First part: Oh, my bad.

Second: First off, you don't have to fucking insult me. You hate me, fine, but you don't have to say it right to my face. And I'm not talking about ONLY the 70s. As you said, the Steelers haven't been division champions because of a lot of injuries and older players, the former of which isn't even entirely their fault because most of the injured players were YOUNG. But they are gradually fixing the latter problem. A team doesn't miraculously get better again over night, you know.

Also, your precious Ravens finally managed to get to a Super Bowl at all after over a decade since their last SB appearance. The Steelers managed to get to three and win two of them in half of that time. And this was in the last decade, not the 70s.

Edited by Anacybele

Too bad none of that is relevant today which is what I was trying to get at. Didnt address the whole mile high thing either, most teams under those conditions would fall apart like our second half showed. We were outplayed and beat, clearly, but it's easy to see in that game exactly what went wrong which I'm pointing out. Easy problems have simple solutions.

Also we've won the same number of Super Bowls since '96... When the ravens came in the league. So stop bringing up sixburgh in this thread. It's almost trolling and not relevant.

Edited by Lord Raven

I didn't address it because I didn't have anything to say to it. Simple as that.

I'm not saying the Steelers are perfect every game. They have their slip ups, just like any team. But if they're so bad now, how is it that they managed to crush your Ravens in Baltimore using their third string quarterback and a bunch of other replacement players? ;)

Oh, that's right, the Ravens merely got too cocky and underestimated their opponent. I think that's what you had said when that game ended. If that's true, perhaps the Steelers might sometimes underestimate their opponents too.

Also, what I said is relevant, because the Ravens only just got that Super Bowl. It's quite recent.

Edited by Anacybele

Ravens had injuries on defense too and old players. Something we addressed thoroughly. Recent is more applicable now. Underestimated is true but so are our problems. Recent is more relevant now. Team hit playoffs five years in a row and won 9 playoff games in those five years - just as many as the Colts from '98 till now, and the Colts were arguably much more dominant than we were.

Now that I can look back at the game, it raised more questions than it answered. I wasn't impressed by the bronco's backfield, but I was impressed by the ravens pass rush in the first half. And then the biggest issue of the day comes with the fact that Oher is out and there are now questions about the offenses overall power. I think that the broncos need better balance early in the game, and the ravens need to get a tight end that doesn't drop the ball.

Yeah after the first half we were exposed and we couldn't see much from the Broncos backfield because offense and coverage became so one-dimensional that the game wasn't working. Only thing I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't blame Flacco or our defense for losing that game, which we will inevitably get. There's only so much you can do to carry a team (which he did effectively) before your team just completely blows the game in most ways possible, on top of random unfortunate crap such as Oher and Jones' weird ass injuries. It's excuses but they're not unfounded, and it doesn't spell doom for our season because that kinda stuff probably won't happen again. This is Harbaugh as head coach, his goal every week is to win games and to do whatever is necessary to do so. (Flacco made some dumb ass throws though but he is living up to that contract - throwing 62 times in a game is a symptom of a ton of bad luck with running. We forced Manning to throw 42 times for reference because we could shut down their run and then some). You've diagnosed some of the problem correctly, but there was a lot of "run run pass" plays that killed drives that happened - ie, Cam Cameron like offense. There are glaring faults with this Ravens team, clearly, but they're coachable and not physical. And it's easy to learn from those mistakes (like put Webb on Welker, Graham on Thomas, and Smith on Decker or something because otherwise we get fucked).

And I'm saying I disagree. We'll just have to leave it at that.

Do you always do this? Someone brings up facts, someone brings up context that shows why you are incorrect or why your assumptions are baseless and you kinda just close your ears and scream LALALALALA

Do you always do this? Someone brings up facts, someone brings up context that shows why you are incorrect or why your assumptions are baseless and you kinda just close your ears and scream LALALALALA

Do you always have to assume that everything is fact? Saying the Steelers are good or bad isn't fact, genius.

i fell asleep at halftime it was pretty boring

i'm glad manning ended up shittin on them tho. flacco's a major faggot and i feel undeserving of his new contract. defense always carried them, and it just ain't the same with everyone leaving

Everyone has to go sometime, Black op. I didn't like seeing Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Max Starks, and James Harrison go from the Steelers, but they had to. Mike Wallace was losing his touch with the team, Ward got old, Starks got old, and Harrison, well, I'm not sure, but he's a traitor now because he went to another AFC North team. xP

Anyway, I'm sure Ray Lewis leaving the Ravens was hard for Ravens fans, even if he did go out with a bang like Jerome Bettis years back.

Colts fans were probably upset to lose Pey-Pey for a whole season and then lose him permanently to the Broncos.

This stuff happens. Even though good players will retire eventually, we'll see more great guys. Something good always comes out of a bad experience, no matter how big or small. If good players go, you just mind find that even better ones take their places.

i fell asleep at halftime it was pretty boring

First half was excellent football

i'm glad manning ended up shittin on them tho. flacco's a major faggot and i feel undeserving of his new contract. defense always carried them, and it just ain't the same with everyone leaving

28 million guaranteed and making 7 million-14million-15million or something the next 3 years. Much less than most quarterbacks out there. Afterwards, he will most likely restructure or get cut. Restructure is more likely; the guy likes to win and he would not take the 30 million/year cap hit that the later portions of the contract would require. "Is a major faggot" is completely ignoring any and all facts associated with the contract situation.

As for the rest, I won't bother because I've stated everything that went wrong with the game and how that game was not Flacco's fault aside from a few bad passes (which Manning threw *many* of in the first half if we all forgot).

It was rough but no need to call Flacco a faggot

EDIT: 52 million guaranteed, still less than half the contract

Edited by Lord Raven