NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

I also think I'm gonna like Tannehill once he gets more experience. He and his Dolphins apparently played a good game against Luck and the Colts. It was a battle between fairly new QBs, but you gotta start somewhere.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Luck's going to come out on top in the end (and Wilson is probably going to battle him for that) but Tannehill will be Top 10 in 5 years, easily. Tannehill's situation at Miami is better than Luck's right now in Indy so it helps quite a lot.

Oh, interesting. :o

By the way, going back to Pey-Pey, I read in the paper at work today that he and his brother only faced each other a total of three times, including this week's game! I was like "wow, talk about a rare occurence!"

I think Luck's going to come out on top in the end (and Wilson is probably going to battle him for that) but Tannehill will be Top 10 in 5 years, easily. Tannehill's situation at Miami is better than Luck's right now in Indy so it helps quite a lot.

I think so too, but I'm biased because he was great with Stanford.

Oh, interesting. :o

By the way, going back to Pey-Pey, I read in the paper at work today that he and his brother only faced each other a total of three times, including this week's game! I was like "wow, talk about a rare occurence!"

That's kinda funny haha.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

It's a golden age for QBs after all... It's easier to list the weak links (Blaine Gabbert, Jets QB (Smith could actually be decent too), Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Terrelle Pryor (could be decent), Christian Ponder, I'm missing maybe 2-3 more) than all the good starting QBs.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't know about Jake Locker being bad. He made some good runs against the Steeler defense of all things. Not saying he's excellent (bunch of incomplete passes), but not bad either.

Locker's had issues way before this game, too soon to tell considering his accuracy was pretty bad the past few years

So the two most hyped games were blowouts, and the other games (Detroit-Arizona, Miami-Indy, San Diego-Philly, Houston-Tennessee to name a few) were infinitely more interesting.

Edited by Lord Raven

I love EJ Manuel. He started off with a couple passes that were way off target, and then had 2 drives in a row that resulted in turn-overs, but he never looks rattled. And that 80-yard game-winning drive with 1:38 left and no timeouts was so nerve-racking.

Even without our #1 cornerback and safety, our defense looks pretty damn good after 2 weeks. Mario Williams broke the Bills franchise record with 4.5 sacks in one game, and really should have had another one.

Carolina's coach is terrible. Up by 3, he kicks a FG instead of going for the win with a 4th and 2. Even if they don't convert, a 3-point lead is >>>>> a 6-point lead. Making that FG was literally the worst thing to happen on that play.

Carolina's coach is terrible. Up by 3, he kicks a FG instead of going for the win with a 4th and 2. Even if they don't convert, a 3-point lead is >>>>> a 6-point lead. Making that FG was literally the worst thing to happen on that play.

Can you explain what you mean a little bit?

At 4th and 2 they can go for it and get a first down to run out the clock, get a TD, etc or put them in shitty field position to not score. By kicking a field goal you turn the ball over and allow a good return and force them to score a touchdown with plenty of time left.

EDIT: they're less likely to risk it for a TD if they only have to get a field goal because they can easily tie it to go into OT.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, sometimes what might look like the worse option at first is actually the better one. Take Steelers vs Titans from week one for example. The Steelers started off with those two points that they basically got for free. When the Titans finally had a real first drive, they could've wound up with either a field goal or a TD. But I think a TD would actually have been the better option for Pittsburgh if they couldn't keep the Titans out of FG range. Why? If the Titans got a FG instead, they'd start with three points, but then consistent TDs would always keep them one point ahead of the Steelers. But if they only consistently did TDs and THEN field goals, the Steelers would most likely stay ahead.

It's all in the timing, really.

At 4th and 2 they can go for it and get a first down to run out the clock, get a TD, etc or put them in shitty field position to not score. By kicking a field goal you turn the ball over and allow a good return and force them to score a touchdown with plenty of time left.

EDIT: they're less likely to risk it for a TD if they only have to get a field goal because they can easily tie it to go into OT.

OK cool, this is what I was thinking. I was just thrown off by his wording a little bit for some reason.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

One hour and twenty minutes until Steelers vs Bengals. That Steeler offense is going to have to step up a lot from the last game if they're to play well against the Bengal defense from what I'm hearing. And this makes me a bit nervous.

I also hate that our cable just HAD to stop working today and I just HAD to miss the repair guy this morning because I didn't hear the damn door. But I think I can still access the game online. And I hope I can, because I'd love to see the Steelers WIN for once again, especially against another AFC North team.

Edited by Anacybele

Looking forward to watching the Steeler's Oline vs Bengals pass rush tonight. Time to see what Pitt can do to protect Big Ben w/o Pouncy and whether or not Cin get back to last year's level of pass rush. Probably going to be a pretty close game (AKA whoever the football gods like more tonight will win) unless Roethlisberger gets sacked 10 times.

Oh, and this mini feature they just showed on McClendon (for those unaware: a 320lb defensive player for the Steelers) doing ballet is quality television.

Well, at least this time, the Steelers actually managed to get in field goal range QUICKLY. And the kick is good from 44 yards. Gotta love Suisham. :D

Also, unfortunately, I can't seem to find a good place to watch it online without having to pay a lot of money, so I'm tracking it on nfl.com.

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, where did Dwyer come from?! I thought he got cut. I guess they let him back. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Well, at least this time, the Steelers actually managed to get in field goal range QUICKLY. And the kick is good from 44 yards. Gotta love Suisham. :D

Also, unfortunately, I can't seem to find a good place to watch it online without having to pay a lot of money, so I'm tracking it on nfl.com.

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, where did Dwyer come from?! I thought he got cut. I guess they let him back. :/

What, you don't have ESPN?

What's ESPN? Anyway, my stepdad managed to get it up.

Tie game at half time! 10-10. You guys can still do this! COME ON STEELERS! Keep reviving that offense!

Also, loved that play where Troy Polamalu batted it away. You're the awesomest, Troy! :D

And that play where somebody messed Dalton's throw up...lol.

Edited by Anacybele

It was either watching this game or GTA4... I picked GTA4 and kept track of this game from a distance. Looks like the Bengals and Ravens are currently winning the division and the Steelers and Browns are doing exactly what we're all expecting, but its only been two games.

Well, I can definitely see that Lebeau is going to retire and Haley is going to get his ass fired. Because this Steeler team is a load of shit, most particularly the offense. Ben tries his damnedest too, but his receivers aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing, o-line is just trash, and Haley isn't making use of people the way he should be. It's no wonder Ben got pissed off. I don't blame him one bit. In fact, I really feel bad for him. He's the only good player left on this offense other than DeCastro and Brown and Ben's being forced to work with this pile of crap that Haley calls an offense. Wheaton doesn't appear to be being used AT ALL when he should be and all Brown got to do was catch punts when he should be getting receptions.

It doesn't help that Pouncey is out for the season and Miller still hasn't come back either.

The defense is still pretty decent, but not as good as they used to be. Lebeau is just getting too old.

Edited by Anacybele