NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Cardinals-Packers game in 2009 was more high scoring... but this was close, one more TD and it would've tied it

BdLYad8CIAARbfQ.jpg

also nflchamp: see what I mean about the Saints road offense?

Edited by Lord Raven

Doesn't matter, Saints offense is predicated on Brees' arm and he's very clumsy on the road.

I'm rooting for the Saints here, don't get me wrong, I just didn't see them pulling it off. And the game is so ugly that it may just go to whoever's got the lead in the middle of the fourth. (I wasn't trying to talk shit, I was trying to see if you saw what I was saying about the Saints offense - against a better secondary they'd be getting blown out)

Edited by Lord Raven

Can I be honest? The Saints now have 20 points. I don't see what you're talking about. Drew Brees and the Saints aren't gods and don't play perfect football. I don't think they're playing "worse" because they're on the road. I think they're playing almost exactly like the Saints of this year usually do - sometimes great, sometimes not so great. They're more well-rounded than most people give them credit for and that's what is winning them football games - not some amazing offense game in and game out.

I never brought up winning, and right now they have a good chance. But the offense has been dreadful on the road, and my theory is because they must run some sort of KILL KILL KILL sort of audible system or something to that extent and their playcalling gets messy as a result of a louder crowd.

Saints have 20 points on the shoulders of a run game and Philly's very average defense. Brees was missing quite a lot of passes early on, and other times . Sean Payton is amazing at second half adjustments so they're quite a bit better now. But their road vs home PPG is quite an anomaly, and I'm not sure why it is what it is, I just know that it happens.

For reference; their home ppg this year was 34 and away ppg was 17.75. I don't believe in small sample sizes but that is a glaring difference. Also, look at Brees' performance in away games. It's a huge difference and it's a legitimate difference.

I acknowledge the fact that the Saints are a complete team, and that is a prerequisite to being a wild card in the NFC, but I also believe that offense has some serious issues playing away games for some reason that most of us can't begin to understand. These are also just the stats, I remember watching a bunch of their games this year and seeing the issue with the offense. The Saints shitty first quarter on offense was pretty much what the Saints did in a bunch of their low scoring games, and their TD drives - the ones where Brees was still off but the receivers adjusted - were what the scoring drives were like. The offense is completely ugly on the road, and a bad offense always leaves a good defense out to dry.

Defense always travels well, offense has a harder time. Looks like Saints are gonna win anyhow. I'm not mad that I'm wrong, very happy in fact.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yay! The Saints will now have to be destroyed from the Seahawks instead of the Packers should they win tomorrow. I think there's a good chance they will though. The subzero temperatures will have something to say when those California boys come to town, and it will not be welcoming.

Well, I wanted the Colts to lose solely because the Browns have their first round pick (not that we're likely to do anything smart with it, being the Browns), and I wanted the Saints to lose because they're pretty much the poster boys of poor sportsmanship.

But what I want to happen pretty much never happens. It's nice to see the Bungles starting to blow it, though. I hope the Chargers can hold on.

The Packers vs. 49ers game is the one that really has me torn. On one hand, my brother-in-law is a Packers fan. On the other hand, I think Phil Dawson deserves a ring for having to put up with being the only good player on the Browns for most of his career.

Dalton as the quarterback,Bengals will not have a likely chance at Superbowl. Those Bengals fans hating on the Chargers the other day. I wonder where they are. Bengals home will become 8-1 I hope due to the Chargers.

Edited by Jiac2001

I don't know why but Dalton's had issues the entire year on prime time games. He's also not playing that much worse than Flacco did his first three years (well Flacco had a few decent games in year three), it's just that Bengals D isn't nearly as good as the Ravens defenses when Flacco was in his first three years.

It doesn't help them that San Diego's playstyle has them scoring very slowly so it makes all possessions more important for the Bengals. Bengals have had tons of chances though... tons more than say the Ravens have had in the second half of games (we've had 3 possessions sometimes in the second half of games).

Chargers win! Now Bengals and Steelers fans are pointing back to the Chiefs game,that the Chargers cheated their way into the play offs.The undefeated home game of the Bengals. 8-1 from Chargers victory. Interesting fact,this marks the 50th year since the Chargers won the AFL game on January 5th.

Divisional Predictions:

Colts vs Patriots

Despite the Patriots being a really good team,Colts comeback in the Chiefs game influences my opinion that...

Winner: Colts

Denver vs Chargers

Chargers modified offense and from awful to bad near average defense will probably help them this game. From the Bengals game,my confidence in the Chargers is high that they will win this game

Winner: Chargers

Saints vs Seahawks

Thank the Saints that the Packers or 49ers don't have to be utterly destroyed The Seahawks a team that is a force to be reckoned with in the NFC playoffs.Finishing the regular season at 13-3.A team to fear. Even Drew Brees leading the Saints.I have to go with

Winner:Seahwaks

Packers/49ers vs Panthers

Status: Pending (I'm probably not watching the game,so my prediction/vote will be n/a)

Chargers win! Now Bengals and Steelers fans are pointing back to the Chiefs game,that the Chargers cheated their way into the play offs.The undefeated home game of the Bengals. 8-1 from Chargers victory. Interesting fact,this marks the 50th year since the Chargers won the AFL game on January 5th.

Divisional Predictions:

Colts vs Patriots

Despite the Patriots being a really good team,Colts comeback in the Chiefs game influences my opinion that...

Winner: Colts

Denver vs Chargers

Chargers modified offense and from awful to bad near average defense will probably help them this game. From the Bengals game,my confidence in the Chargers is high that they will win this game

Winner: Chargers

Saints vs Seahawks

Thank the Saints that the Packers or 49ers don't have to be utterly destroyed The Seahawks a team that is a force to be reckoned with in the NFC playoffs.Finishing the regular season at 13-3.A team to fear. Even Drew Brees leading the Saints.I have to go with

Winner:Seahwaks

Packers/49ers vs Panthers

Status: Pending (I'm probably not watching the game,so my prediction/vote will be n/a)

I agree about he chargers/broncos game. I dont think that defense will hold. And the offense can't score if you shut down the recievers.( Which the chargers did last time)

I can't say I agree with you about the colts/pats game. I don't think the colts have the recievers(though I'm not looking forward to the Talib-Hilton matchup) to match up against the pats secondary. And they don't have a back who gut the pats. Scat backs, like Donald brown, have not been at successful against the pats defense, because ninkovich and jones are both very solid players. And look at the last game, the pats offense is better than a Jamal Charlesless chiefs offense. If they can't put up 35 or so points they're in some serious trouble.

And finally I'm gonna take the saints. No real reason just a gut thing.

And I'll update with my last pick after the game.

There was no Welker in that last game. Bubba Caldwell isn't nearly as effective as Wes Welker in the slot, and Welker's expected to be coming back again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers win, but I can see Denver delivering better on their drives compared to last time because they have a much better slot receiver. But the Denver defense is awful for TOP, I agree, and the Chargers match up the best with the Broncos.

Edited by Lord Raven

Every champ since 2006 faced the NFC East in the regular season too. So going purely by that trend it's either Denver, San Diego, or Green Bay.

At any rate, today was dominated by the run game. Old school football.

I wouldn't count on the Chargers being the SB champs. Not with how scary the Seahawks, Broncos, and Panthers are.

I'm betting on either the Seahawks or Panthers.

Niners need to finish off these Packers. My stepdad turned on the game, and I saw some of it. :P

So I'm just looking at statistics of the game,so i'm unsure of game performances between 49ers and Packers,all I know is they're 20 - 20 and I don't know any notable players at the moment,except for players that are usually threats for the other teams.

Yeah because Green Bay's foundation sucks. If losing Rodgers and having the team almost selfdestruct didn't teach the front office (or whatever the fuck they do) and the coaching staff anything it's that they may very well be looking at another 2011 Colts if he goes down for any reason.

Predictions?

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos - I firmly believe the reason they lost has a lot to do with the fact that they had Bubba Caldwell instead of Wes Welker to try to convert third downs for them. The Chargers are incredible at slowing down offenses, but that mostly means the Broncos have to score a TD or something on every single possession because of how bad that defense is, and how obvious it'll be that the Chargers offense will be on the field forever. That means nothing if you can't outscore that Denver offense - the same one with Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Eric Decker, and a three headed running back tandem with Knowshon Moreno being an incredible pass blocker.

Also,

download1.jpg

Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots - this is a gut feeling, but a team as well coached as the Colts should not lose to a Patriots team that has like 10 player on IR. Say what you will about Belichick as a coach, but the Colts have adapted to life without Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis is still a monster. This Colts team may just be back to the form where they were killing giants and losing to squirrels, and the Patriots are giants.

Besides Tom Brady doesn't have a defensive touchdown.

footballgod.gif

(Here's another really nice image I found)

MVZf3Jb.jpg

San Francisco 49ers @ Carolina Panthers - This will probably be the most defense we will ever see in the NFL all season. Both teams are almost exactly the same. Carolina's front 7 is slightly better but SF's back 4 are slightly better. Carolina's got a better QB, 49ers have better receivers/backs (the difference is big but it all cancels out because Carolina's receivers are serviceable). But this is going to be a close game, and at that point you need to side with...

nfl_r_ron-rivera_mb_600.jpg

"4th and 10? You mean you shouldn't go for it?"

Way better than...

jim-harbaugh-freaks-out.png

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks - we all know just how one sided this matchup was last time, and I never fail to bring it up. We also saw New Orleans road woes in the passing game last week, and if not for an average-mediocre front 7 (allowing a run game - the Saints got 185 yards on the ground) and all of his receivers making diving catches on bad throws, the Saints may not have pulled away from it. Having that said, there's no way Seattle's secondary will allow Drew Brees to get away with anything but his incredible accuracy that we all know he has. It just somehow goes away on the road, as well as his ability to audible for whatever reason. And the Seattle offense won't need to do much to keep the score higher. I don't think the Saints defense can as easily stop Lynch, Tate, Percy Harvin (he's most likely making a comeback), and Doug Baldwin et all as well as the Legion of Boom (worst fucking nickname ever) can kill the Saints receivers.

And good luck to the Saints in catching this guy, who I only neglected to mention so I could link this video;