About Grima's sex. (SPOILERS)

Okay, there's the idea that Grima came about after the Earth Dragons in the Dragon's Table fused together.

There's also how the Avatar regardless of sex can become Grima.

Going with Grima really coming from a fusion of all the Earth Dragons at the Dragon's Table, would it be a stretch that Grima is a sexless being like angels are said to be? Or a couple of the legendaries in Pokemon, like Mewtwo.

Edited by The Void

Grima is a dracolich, rezed after a thousand or so years which would generally mean genderless by then. I'd say it goes with the reasoning behind character customization that if it cared it could alter it's being to be either one.

The reasoning behind character creation is that since you're connected to the great power you could look anyway you wanted too, but the reason you can't change after starting the game is that you forgot not only how to change but how to access the power until its necessary, and then you were just accustomed to whatever you were by then, not focusing on being a shapeshifter anymore but rather the person you are now.

Grima is the one it chooses to be what it is when it wants, but it's not going to care until after it's sated its blood thirst.

If taken to the Final Chapter, Tiki refers to Grima as male for either Avatar, so Grima is male if anything.

Localization oversight.

Genderless pronoun in Japanese or actual name.

What pronoun is it?

I meant in general in the game. Gimle/Grima is referred to by their name or "Anata-sama" in Fauder's case.

Never is a single gender pronoun mentioned. Ever.

It's like how Lucina says "milady" in English even if you're her mother, while all she say is "I believe in you" in Japanese.

UCpifwK.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Something I'm curious about, do they ever refer to Naga as a female in the Japanese version?

Clearly Naga looks like a woman, but you never know...

I don't think so (and I'm currently at Chapter 25, so any memory about late game is recent). If anything, the game's website specifically reminded readers that Naga has appeared as both genders historically.