FE DS or not <__<

FE relesed outside of Japan?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will make it out?

• NO!
    • YES!
    • Not Sure

I'm pretty sure it will make its way to America. It wouldn't make sense if NoA just suddently decided to abandon FE. Besides, we have all these people wanting an American FE with Marth in it...

It's going to come out. You're just going to have to wait. So far, I don't think any of the games that have made an international release had their localizations confirmed at all until a good couple months have gone by since the JAP release :/

...The game was already released in Japan on the VC. Why would they re-make the entire game JUST for Japan who already have the game?

That's exactly what I was thinking at first but you never know untli it actually comes out

I hope Nintendo quickly confirms when FE DS is going to be released to Europe. They took far to long to release FE10 to Europe, but I hope this is not the case for FE DS.
Looking at the release dates of the other Fire Emblem titles (except for PoR) it seems as we will have to wait approximatly a year for FE DS to come out in Europe. It comes out much later in the European continent because Nintendo have to translate the game to various other languages (such as Dutch, French, Italian and Spanish) whereas in North America the game only has to be translated into English (American English at least, where most of the words are spelt wrong) and French.

It will be released in Europe and NA. It's just a matter of time.

or we'll be resorted to make a new fan translation and get ROMs.

There's already a patch out and in progress... >.>

(American English at least, where most of the words are spelt wrong)

lol

It comes out much later in the European continent because Nintendo have to translate the game to various other languages

You forget that NoE also likes to retranslate the English completely too, at times, after the American localization had already been completed. Not to mention, NoE has become renowned for its stupidity in advertising and release dates (I remember WarioWare took far too long, even for NoE). At least Square Enix loves you, giving you Dragon Quests earlier than the U.S. ~_~

whereas in North America the game only has to be translated into English (American English at least, where most of the words are spelt wrong) and French.

Huuuu... Thknsa (That's "uh... thanks" in STUPID American ENGLISH)

@Kintenbo:That article did give me some hope. I wan't that issue of Nintendo Power :(

Edited by FEFL

NoA will released the game, Possibly for Xmas Seasons(is I'm Belived because Marth Popularity and the season of sales, NoA will gain a great Income) or rather that will launch on Spring(February, March) of 2009(NoA will reprograme the game change some Mechanism and lower the dificult, and do the wi-fi system for America) the onyl secure for me, nintendo don't do no release is game in america(Mother 3 was a serious mistake and i think NoA is no so Stupid for repeat that mistake)

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Nivek

NoA will released the game, Possibly for Xmas Seasons(is I'm Belived because Marth Popularity and the season of sales, NoA will gain a great Income) or rather that will launch on Spring(February, March) of 2009(NoA will reprograme the game change some Mechanism and lower the dificult, and do the wi-fi system for America) the onyl secure for me, nintendo don't do no release is game in america(Mother 3 was a serious mistake and i think NoA is no so Stupid for repeat that mistake)

Sorry for my bad english

This.

Marth can be expected to come out for Holiday season sales. Maybe later, though. My second guess is February.

Huuuu... Thknsa (That's "uh... thanks" in STUPID American ENGLISH)

@Kintenbo:That article did give me some hope. I wan't that issue of Nintendo Power :(

Yep, silly American English. Colour without a 'u'? That's insane. Oh, and don't get me started on the whole 'ize' instead on 'ise' thing. Also, it's an aeroplane, not an airplane. I like Americans, but I wish they would learn how to spell correctly.

On topic: considering how long Fire Emblem games usually take to be released in Europe, I think I'll import it from the USA since it's probably going to be released in the NA region a least a few months before the Europe region.

P.S: sorry if I offended any Americans by calling American English 'silly', I retract my statement. Please don't invade me and take my oil.

Yep, silly American English. Colour without a 'u'? That's insane. Oh, and don't get me started on the whole 'ize' instead on 'ise' thing. Also, it's an aeroplane, not an airplane. I like Americans, but I wish they would learn how to spell correctly.

On topic: considering how long Fire Emblem games usually take to be released in Europe, I think I'll import it from the USA since it's probably going to be released in the NA region a least a few months before the Europe region.

P.S: sorry if I offended any Americans by calling American English 'silly', I retract my statement. Please don't invade me and take my oil.

I know I'm not the only American on here, But I was just joking around I'm not offended.

ON TOPIC: This game is shorter than RD so it should take less time.

I just lol'd... 'specially about the oil part.

Anyway, you know how when RD came out in JP, it took a few months for the US release date to come out? Same thing applies here, I think.

I just lol'd... 'specially about the oil part.

Anyway, you know how when RD came out in JP, it took a few months for the US release date to come out? Same thing applies here, I think.

The time between Japan and US releases for Fire Emblem games is about 6-8 months. Meaning early Spring release is most likely.

You forget that NoE also likes to retranslate the English completely too, at times, after the American localization had already been completed. Not to mention, NoE has become renowned for its stupidity in advertising and release dates (I remember WarioWare took far too long, even for NoE). At least Square Enix loves you, giving you Dragon Quests earlier than the U.S. ~_~

Accursed European dialogue changes!!! (just had to say that, as they really annoy me, unless, like in RD, the american transltion makes some moronic mistakes and EU fixes it.)

And I hope what happened to RD (taking ages for EU release) dosn't happen with this. I actually sent a letter to Nintendo Australia AND got my Wii modchipped and bought the US RD only to find it didn't work, [update] BTW.

There isn't nearly as much text to translate in FE DS as there was in FE RD, I'm sure. There may even be less text in FE DS than there was in FE7, and FE7 was released in the States 7 months after it was released in Japan.

Why it took so long (more than a year) to release the GBA games in Europe, I have no clue. It didn't take that long to localize Path of Radiance, and I think Path of Radiance has even more text.

So far NoE have done one out of four Fire Emblem games fairly quickly. I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but the odds seem to be against them doing this one quickly too.

And I hope what happened to RD (taking ages for EU release) dosn't happen with this. I actually sent a letter to Nintendo Australia AND got my Wii modchipped and bought the US RD only to find it didn't work, [update] BTW.

Why waste the money and effort >.> You could've gotten the homebrew channel and installed a region-free code to allow you to play your game. Of course, this doesn't matter when most modchip users get it to play back-ups they downloaded ~_~