...So, why doesn't this game have any Reaver weapons?

I think it's because they gave us breaker skills instead. An axe with sword breaker is about the same as one with an swordreaver

Edited by Randa

Only 3 FE games have had reaver weapons right? They tried them in FE6-8, they weren't a particularly great addition, they didn't bring them back later. They've added breakers in this one which kind of works in a similar way but not quite. For example, a sword user with lancebreaker vs. a lance user (both A rank) ends up with -4mt, +35 hit, -1 def, +50 avoid. So much more likely to dodge, but still worse off damage wise.

I thought reavers were beneficial to the enemy and they helped you a bit too. But I always thought they were kinda pointless, except for telling the player to watch out what weapons the enemies have, instead of just bumrushing against a certain class.

Prime Example: Heath's chapter, Fighters have sword reavers, knights have axereavers, And cavs have lancereavers, they could've just replaced each reaver weilding unit with a class that uses the certain weapon type, but instead they confused the player by doing that.

No strong feelings either way.

I really liked reaver weapons in Blazing Sword and as noted I, too, find them superior to the breaker skills.

But you can't have everything you want everytime(light magic anyone?), so we have to deal with it, I guess.

I also found weapon reavers annoying because if you were careless and didnt look at every brigand, they could really mess up your strategy. I think the developers took it out to ease the game in for new people. I hope they don't comeback.

Reavers were like breaker skills attached to a weapon, i liked reaver weapons and i did like breaker skills if i ever used them.

I miss light magic, i wanted to make an Artur avatar but i can't because of lack of light magic.