*SPOILERS* Could "My Unit" represent FE this time around?

Robinigo

Fair warning; spoilers below...

Not that I don't want Chrom or someone else as the character, it just could be an interesting idea. Instead of alternate color schemes, My Unit could use six different character types; the three male default options, as well as the three female default options (playing along with the new "customization" sakurai has said he'd like to incorporate). I'm going to try and list the moves and such, let me know if you think this has any chance of possibly happening in your eyes.

Moves:

B- Thunder: Much like Lucario and Mewtwo's aura sphere/psy-ball it would charge up first and fire when tapped again.

B+side- Luna: A move similar to Fox's holo-dash, except My Unit is followed by a yellow, glimmering trail, and enemy hit with this move is sent crash down (an enemy on the ground falls to their feet, similar to the focus attack in street fighter 4)

B+down- Counter: Just like any other counter on Marth, Ike, or Roy (I know, ironic on the females, oh well)

B+up- Rescue: Can be aimed like Zelda's farore's wind, a teleport with rescue staff sound effects.

A- Swing the sword

AAA- Swing the sword from left to right, right to left, then up to down

A+side- An upward swing, launches enemy corresponding to damage

A+down- Puts a fire from an elfire tome in front of My Unit

A+up- Just like the previous only the fire appears directly above My Unit

Smash+side- Critical hit: My Unit swings the sword heavily and delivers a critical hit (using killing edge)

Smash+down- Valflame: My Unit engulfed him/herself in a valflame explosion, slightly damaging him/herself in Exchange for massive range

Smash+up- Thoron: My Unit fires a Thoron bolt straight up a short distance and it shocks whatever it touches.

Taunt: Victory Pose with tome for tactition/grandmaster

Taunt: My Unit raises an arm and has a small thunder projectile in it

Taunt: Victory Pose with sword for tactition branch

Note: Both final smashs bring a critical cutscene across the front of the stage and a random critical quote is picked.

Final Smash (idea 1): Ignis: My Unit uses Ignis skill and all of his/her attacks increase in power and range, My Unit also cannot take damage, lasts for 15 seconds

Final Smash (idea 2): Grima (lol spoilers): My Unit calls Grima to the stage, Grima hovers behind the stage and fires expiration bolts all over the stage, causing massive explosions, at about one bolt every other second Grima last for 16 seconds

Well, that's it. Tell me what you thought below, should My Unit use Japanese or English voices?

Edited by SpikyRtG

Avatar/Robin would make most sense next to Chrom rather than as a replacement for him, but yes. Using a hood could also take out the need for the original customization options to dominate the appearance selection; far more likely, they'd just do the Wario thing with slightly different appearances for the two genders and a set of colors for each, with an added voice change.

Of course, given that the main purpose would be to introduce an FE character with notably different fighting styles, such as magic, it would be complete foolishness for them to apply the Counter move yet again.

Cool idea! I agree that we should have different customization options to coincide with the original game and Sakurai's comments. As for the Grima final smash, I think it would also be cool if you could actually become Grima and wreak havoc (sorta like Giga Bowser), but both work IMO.

Another thing I wish they would do but severely doubt would happen is if for a final smash they use the Pair Up feature with a random FE13 character (like a pokeball-esque final smash; you never know who is going to assist you), so that all of them may randomly get screen time during the final smash complete with unique dual attacks and voice clips.

Speaking of voices, I would imagine they'd use english for the english version and japanese for the japanese version....

Edited by Silver Lightning

Well, that's it. Tell me what you thought below, should My Unit use Japanese or English voices?

While I'm not hopeful for this idea...

Obviously, the US version of smash would use English voices, just like how they did with Ike for Brawl.

That's just a given.

Despite the fact that I remember being disappointed that I didn't hear "DAI TEN KUU!" when I finally got my copy so long ago.

I want the Final Smash to be multiple Astras of a sword and various tomes.

If MU did make it, the Final Smash would likely be some incarnation of Ignis.

I actually would really like Robin to be the third FE rep. Personally, I feel like Marth, Ike, and Robin would be the perfect cast of FE reps, though that is slightly swayed by my Ike fanboy-ism. (I don't see the purpose of replacing Ike with Chrom, when the only iconic moves Chrom has are shared with Ike; at that point why even bother re-skinning the character?) Robin would be so excellent: he/she is the perfect rep of Awakening. His/her moves would have no overlap with Marth/Roy/Ike/Chrom, since Robin is usually focused on magic, and he/she is a main character in the most recent title. Also, a magic wielder would be a breath of fresh air following all the FE sword users. After all, while Marth, Roy, and Ike do play differently, there's only so different you can get while still only using a sword.

Not to mention the fact that Robin is a tactician, so some sort of Rally system could be implemented to make him a very nuanced and deep character.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Robin. I think he/she is a long shot compared to Chrom and Tharja, but MU would be a great addition.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Robin. I think he/she is a long shot compared to Chrom and Tharja, but MU would be a great addition.

wat

Are you implying that SSB4 will contain insane fanservice? If so, just give Tharja her summer scramble outfit and you're ready to go.

On a serious note, this seems like a great idea, kudos to you. Love the Grima ability, too.

I appreciate the praise! I had this idea floating around my head for a while and had to put it somewhere.

Of course, not to sound conceited or anything, but now I'd almost be disappointed if MU didn't make it.

In the 3DS version, if you have Awakening, you could transfer your MU data and play as him/her. As for the Wii U version and people who don't have Awakening, they would be named Robin and would have the unchanged look.

In the 3DS version, if you have Awakening, you could transfer your MU data and play as him/her.

So... how would that work for the cartridges?

Besides the physical limitation for some people... that's catering to the FE audience too much.

Edited by shadowofchaos

See, I had an idea for avatar in brawl

Non B moves would be Sword

B moves would be magic

Final Smash would be Ignis

See, I had an idea for avatar in brawl

Non B moves would be Sword

B moves would be magic

Final Smash would be Ignis

I do like the idea of basic attacks being physical and specials being magic, with smashes being either all physical or a mixture of the two. It would make Robin very well-rounded, as well as make him unique from other magicians like Zelda.

However, I still think Rallies could be a great signature move for Robin. Give him a downB or neutralB Rally attack which, after being charged, gives him a half minute of like 2% extra damage output, with repeated uses of Rally allowing for stacked increases up to a maximum of like 6-8%. That could generate some really interesting strategies. Rather than being an all-out aggressive character, Robin would start fairly weak and have to hold back at first, focusing on escaping his opponent for long enough to charge a few Rallies before really taking the offensive. Then, of course, he would be a force to be reckoned with, at least until the Rallies wore off.

Rally attacks would fit Robin's role as a tactician very well.

Edited by Ragnell

Maybe Robin could use a Levin Sword? He could use magical attacks with the thunderbolts at range for special moves and attack in close range without the need for the sword's magic for regular attacks.

I was thinking of something like different costumes has him using different swords. Also the moveset I had was

Up B -> Rexcalibur

Side B -> Thoron

Down B -> Bolganone

And Nuetral B would be Either Basic Fire, Wind or Thunder attack depending on the last used B, Defaults to Thunder at round start, Kirby uses whichever Avatar last used