Shin Megami Tensei IV

Samias

What ending are you gunning for?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these endings are you going for?

• Chaos
    • Law
    • Neutral
    • That other one

I bought the game two days ago, and it's pretty fun! It was actually... not as hard as I was expecting. But then I got to the area after Minotaur, and I died three times in that place just trying to scrounge for treasure xD;

Admittedly, it's because I didn't know the elemental weaknesses of the demons past the Minotaur, plus I kept getting ambushed haha.

Now I'm at the part where you need to go to Shinjuku. I just wish App points were easier to come by. I spent most of mine on Scouting apps (Which help loads in getting items and money) that I find myself in need of more skill slots. But they're so expensive to buy...!

Also, thank god demon skills are easier to pass down now. I really enjoy fusion in this game. If only the interface for it wasn't so clunky xD;

Edited by pinkbubblegum

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually somewhat better this way, since most Physical Skill costs Dirt Cheap

anyway Update Time

Boss Battles:

Everything is chumps until Kenji, who is semi chumps because I decided to mess up with him

"Use Fundraise"

YOU GO THIS FAR JUST TO GET MONEY FROM THE KING OF TOKYO?

"Every method for MONEY!"

ARRRGHHHH GET BACK

"Get 300 Gold"

Stop it

"Take more gold"

You will become a legend if you manage to get money from the King of Tokyo and live to tell the tale

Somewhat like that, its kinda hilarious

Neutral Route get

Stats:

- Semi Support MC(lv 78):

Highest stats is LCK(190). Followed by STR(110-ish) > AGI(100) > 37 Dex > Base Mag

Wp: Headhunter

Mediarama

Charge

Mortal Jihad

Heaven's Arrow

Fang Breaker

Tetrakarn

Makrakarn

Luster Candy

- Long:

Zandyne

Ziodyne

High Elec Pleroma

High Force Pleroma

Charge

Heaven's Arrow

Null Elec

Draconic Reaction

Pretty cool demon for weakness seeking strike, and does massive damage with that boosted elemental skills. Heaven's Arrow is for random ecounters, and Charge to boost its power for boss fights. And being Balanced Type means it has tons of MP to spam with. I think I will replace Long with the even cooler and even more bonerific Huang Long. Being usable from like level 48 is just an icing on the cake

- Odin

Megidola

Concentrate

Thunder Reign

High Elec Pleroma

Luster Candy

Samarecarm

Null Force

Null Nerve

My team has way too much MP type demons.... Can't help it when all of them are like.... the coolest demons in the game >_>

Basically a boosted Full Time Caster version of Long. Null Nerve to prevent stuff like Bind.

Less useful during boss fights :[

- Ym

High Ice Pleroma

Cold World

Glacial Blast

Megidola

Concentrate

Fang Breaker

Killing Wind

Null Nerve

Evolved from Tiamat. Killing wind from skill mutations, and basically my main caster. Fang Breaker is basically a leftovers skill. Glacial Blast so OP

By the way, please tell me im not the only one who think Kenji looks like Jeeg >_>

You used Long from level 41 to around 70-ish(probably)? That's one dedication >_>

That or you spammed Heavy Grimoires on him <_<

Oh. Well that's unfortunate.

anywho

I'm level 71 at the moment. Using Mahamayuri, Quetzalcoatl, and Ym at the moment.

Gonna get Demonee-Ho for Desperate Hit and do something with my MCs skillset since he has Trisagion, Bufudyne, Ziodyne, Zandyne, Megidola, Heaven Bow, Debilitate and Luster Candy.

Might replace the elemental skills with other stuff like Megidolaon/Jihad/whatever the next strongest Almighty skill I come across, Charge, and Concentrate. I'll keep Heaven Bow since it's amazing~ and great for mobs and hordes provided they don't resist/null/drain/repel it.

I started checking out the Domains in the Shinjuku area and got two out of "Three Sacred Treasures" (I was kind of freaking out when I stumbled upon the first one and it had a level 75 miniboss xD;;; )

Are these for unlocking a demon?

Yes. You know how you can get some challenge quests by talking to demons? If you didn't know, well, you can. Anyway, the Three Sacred Treasure are used in one of those quests, and completing that quest lets you fuse Amaterasu.

EDIT: And what was said above.

Edited by Konnor97

Sooo.... Masakado

Appearance: Lame. Totally Lame. I mean, just look at Masakado's design from the past games.

Stats:

Balanced Type? Huh not bad
Resist everything and Null L/D? Lame

79 in every stats? derp

Has Enduring Soul

HORY SHIET

And we get it for free so :evil:

On the other hand, I get Occult Flash from Mutation RIGHT after I finished filling the chalice. Atlus trolling me right thar

Edited by Salesmaster MU

I'm working on the chalice myself. I have to do all of the Challenge quests from each city in Tokyo right?

Well... Hopefully I'm not wasting too much of my time considering I'm trying to beat Beelzebub.

If you have done everything from the pre-lock, you only need to do Deva + Beelzebub part 1(Red Knight + Cernunnos) + Multi Demon Fusion

Finally hit level 90 thanks to Grimoire spam and massive exp

Occult Flash? More like "Random Battle? Whats that?"

I was using the DDS system for once and while I got 40 app points from passing someone who played EO4, my Sphinx mutated into a Jack the Ripper, losing over 60 levels in the process :|

Sooo.... Masakado

Appearance: Lame. Totally Lame. I mean, just look at Masakado's design from the past games.

Stats:

Balanced Type? Huh not bad

Resist everything and Null L/D? Lame

79 in every stats? derp

Has Enduring Soul

HORY SHIET

And we get it for free so :evil:

On the other hand, I get Occult Flash from Mutation RIGHT after I finished filling the chalice. Atlus trolling me right thar

The Masakado DLC is out already? or did they name the white asmodeus thing Masakado? and no spoilers if at all possible

I feel like Samias is like an SMT ambassador, I am pleased, I'd want to start an SMT union, but I don't have SMT 4 yet... so not yet

Edited by Soledai

i can't tell if i'm supposed to completely cheese neutral route by just spamming concentrate+bufudyne to do 3k damage a pop (ok more like 2.7k but who's counting) to the final bosses

gtfo Merkabah and Lucifer i can 3HKO both stages

Edited by CT075

Beaten Red Rider

Antichon
Antichon
Antichon
Antichon

When are you going to use Maragidyne damnit

But still, 4th Try(right after I fused Cerberus without saving) is good enough I guess

Basically, no words can explain how utterly useless Invitation is, Garuda rules, screw Cerberus, and he spammed Trisagion to Vishnu

MC(96):
Plasma Sword
Black Gunner
Red Knight
White King
Silver Necklace

111 STR
73 DEX
7 MAG
110 AGI
260 LCK

Mediarahan
Dekaja
Luster Candy
Charge
Riot Gun
Occult Flash
Heaven's Bow
Desperate Hit

Should have taken Dekunda instead of Dekaja, but I have TONS of Dekunda Stone that I farmed some time ago. Basically the key of the fight is to have MC survive until the end of the battle, because he is the one who used Chakra Pot and Heal with Mediarahan. That being said, MC died in my succesful try around 3 turn before the victory, during which I let him stay dead for one turn, and revive him next turn(and luckilly, he dodge RR's Normal Attack)

LV 92 Vishnu:
Antichon
Charge
Luster Candy
Salvation
High Gun Pleroma
Riot Gun
Enduring Soul
Life Surge

To sum him up: Multi Purpose demon. Salvation is a throwaway healing, Luster Candy when I get the chance, Charged Riot Gun when I am able to, and Antichon for debuff. And being a Trisagion sponge as well, which is cool.

LV 74 Garuda:
Glacial Blast
Enduring Soul
High Ice Pleroma
Null Phys
Dekunda
Life Surge
Concentrate
Invitation

The "Red Rider Slayer" Dekunda those Antichons, Concentrate when theres an opportunity to do so, and then blast away which (lol)Glacial Blast.

Also Invintation is useless. Should have replace it with..... I dunno, maybe something that increase evasion to get a random smirk here and there, or Ice Pleroma for more damage, or Item knowhow(which, when I think about it would be extremely useful because it essentially give Garuda Pseudo Samarecarm with no MP Cost)

Oh I rigged 2 Magic Level up before this battle. Sue Me

Cerberus:
Null Nerve
Samarecarm
Draconic Reaction
Null Phys
Invitation
Dekunda
Life Surge
Doping

Fused from Garuda + Jarilo, and then Jarilo + Demonee Hoo into Cerberus. Unoptimal skillset, but it get the job done. Second strings Fire Reflector team and Samarecarm is clutch against Red Rider