Nintendo Trademark "Fire Emblem" and "EMBLEM"

arvilino

An Awakening sequel would be much too hard to do without having to make canon pairings. And canon pairings would destroy the whole point of Awakening's marriage system: to give us control over who marries who and let us imagine our own canons.

Or they could do what FE5 did with FE4's canon. Make one or 2 of the pairings canon and leave the rest ambiguous.

Or they could do a transfer save feature. To transfer your pairings over.

Edited by Folgore Red II

what would they even do with an fe13 sequel

I have absolutely no clue. I'd rather see a remake to FE2/4/5, a completely new game or a 3rd Tellius game focusing on Ike's other land journey tbh.

what would they even do with an fe13 sequel

pretty much this, it couldn't really be a direct sequel involving the children because everything was resolved pretty much.

I don't really know how a prequel would work either besides either the first war with Plegia (not likely) or something involving Future of Despair which also isn't likely imo

I doubt this trademark thing means anything, to be honest. I can't see us getting another FE for a couple years anyways

Or they could do what FE5 did with FE4's canon. Make one or 2 of the pairings canon and leave the rest ambiguous.

Or they could do a transfer save feature. To transfer your pairings over.

That second option's not a bad idea. I'd still rather have a completely brand new title though, because Marth's world has been milked enough already for now.

Edited by Anacybele

That second option's not a bad idea. I'd still rather have a completely brand new title though, because Marth's world has been milked enough already for now.

Anything but another Marth game. Seriously. Worst lord in the series (and that's saying something since Roy and Eliwood exist) in my opinion.

Edited by Walhart

Anything but another Marth game. Seriously. Worst lord in the series (and that's saying something since Roy and Eliwood exist) in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't like either Marth or Roy either. Though I do like Eliwood.

Funny enough I like all 3 of those lords you just mentioned. I like all the lords to an extent [except Hector for the most part but he is ok in the end.] But what are you trying to do other then start a fight?

"I dislike this character therefore no more games about this character, Oh I also hate these characters too" You could have just said. I'm not fond of Marth, and it would be easier to accept but instead you outright say he sucks. Do you really expect people who enjoy his games or enjoy his playstyle in Smash to not try to bite on this comment? Even if you said "In my opinion" it still looks like you are presenting it as an undeniable fact.

Edited by Folgore Red II

If it

An Awakening sequel would be much too hard to do without having to make canon pairings. And canon pairings would destroy the whole point of Awakening's marriage system: to give us control over who marries who and let us imagine our own canons.

A prequel to the game is more likely if the next game takes place in Ylisse.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of FE4 make it over here. Sigurd seems cool. :D

Of course, a completely new title is always welcome. ^^

New idea: If they're making a sequel to Awakening, why not follow Priam instead? His epilogue says that he vanishes and possibly went to Tellius. Priam has to be the one person in the game with the least background info and this could be a chance to dive into it as he returns to Tellius on a new journey

New idea: If they're making a sequel to Awakening, why not follow Priam instead? His epilogue says that he vanishes and possibly went to Tellius. Priam has to be the one person in the game with the least background info and this could be a chance to dive into it as he returns to Tellius on a new journey

They could also go into what Ike did maybe after he "left" Tellius. By means of the story in ways perhaps with it. With like legends or logs

Edited by Folgore Red II

They could also go into what Ike did maybe after he "left" Tellius. By means of the story in ways perhaps with it. With like legends or logs

Exactly.The only issue I can think of is how the two timelines will converge. Furthermore, we don't know what year Ike came to Marth's World

Exactly.The only issue I can think of is how the two timelines will converge. Furthermore, we don't know what year Ike came to Marth's World

I'm sure if they did expand on it. They would give at least an approximation.

Damn, got ninja'd before I can post this

Strange thing though that they just trademarked "Fire Emblem" without any following sub-titles beside this "Emblem". Some games I know that got "revealed" like this have also their sub-titles being trademarked. So, seriously is the game will some how named Fire Emblem: [insert Phrase or Word Here] Emblem? Because Fire Emblem: Emblem is sound so hilarious

Given the true nature of the Sacred Stones one could read that title as Fire Emblem: The Fire Emblems.

Funny enough I like all 3 of those lords you just mentioned. I like all the lords to an extent [except Hector for the most part but he is ok in the end.] But what are you trying to do other then start a fight?

"I dislike this character therefore no more games about this character, Oh I also hate these characters too" You could have just said. I'm not fond of Marth, and it would be easier to accept but instead you outright say he sucks. Do you really expect people who enjoy his games or enjoy his playstyle in Smash to not try to bite on this comment? Even if you said "In my opinion" it still looks like you are presenting it as an undeniable fact.

I'm pretty sure most people are sick of Marth and I wasn't talking about Smash because this is in the "Fire Emblem" section, not the "Smash" section, so that's irrelevant.

And no, I wasn't trying to start a fight. I thought the "no more marth games" thing was a general consensus for the most part, although apparently I

underestimated the amount of bland-Lord fanboys.

On topic, an original game or FE8 remake would be ideal. Although, I've never played FE4 or FE5, so if people say those need a remake I'll take their word for it. However, I don't think that this thing being copyrighted rules out or hints at any of the possibilities for remakes/new games that have been mentioned.

Edited by Walhart