Zelda Wii U to be revealed soonish!

Anacybele

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that dislikes wind waker. The problem is that I don't really care about exploration, while dungeons and puzzles are my favorite aspects of the series. WW has a lot of exploration, but lacks on dungeons and puzzles, so I don't like it. Also, sailing is slow and boring and then there is that AMAZING hahaha triforce hunt in the end.

Yes I wished wind waker expanded on dungeon exploration. The boss fights were too...simple. However I liked the fact that Nintendo experimented with the series and thinking of creative ways to present the legend of Zelda games.

I loved how you can explore the wide ocean in Wind Waker. Then there is a spooky ghost ship that always got me curious and kinda scared me. :/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Wind Waker is much more focused on the exploration, which is good I guess, but it's not as boring on a 2nd playthrough where you ain't aiming for 100%.

I can't get how anyone can think Skyward Sword was the better game, have you seen the fanbase's reaction to it (and its sales fell of a cliff, too!)

Yes, and I've rarely seen a person say it was a bad game or that they didn't like it. Skyward Sword was a hit as far as I can tell.

And it is true that Zelda's fanbase tends to stupidly nitpick at the stupidest things.

Nobody: Actually, I hate TWW too. I like exploration, but I don't think TWW had enough to explore. It's mostly just ocean with treasure chests scattered everywhere. The islands were too tiny for my tastes. The story was boring as hell. The dungeons and bosses were mostly boring as hell, as were the characters. And the game was way. Too. Damned. EASY.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, and I've rarely seen a person say it was a bad game or that they didn't like it. Skyward Sword was a hit as far as I can tell.

And it is true that Zelda's fanbase tends to stupidly nitpick at the stupidest things.

maybe you shouldn't have went out and said the opposite first then

maybe you shouldn't have went out and said the opposite first then

What? I never said SS was a bad game. I have no clue what you're talking about.

I generally saw that SS was seen in a more positive light today than Wind Waker was back in its day, for instance. I've seen negative opinions (about the controls but I never had an issue with them) but I haven't seen nearly as much backlash as The Wind Waker's.

What? I never said SS was a bad game. I have no clue what you're talking about.

not SS, TP

Zera: Seeing two of the scorpion boss was kinda boring, I agree on that, but I thought Fi was awesome. She does state the obvious quite a bit though, I admit.

And I can NOT get how anyone can think TP's gameplay was better than Skyward Sword's. SS practically expanded upon what TP had by making using the Wimote as the sword more realistic and natural by actually making you swing the remote instead of merely shake it.

But whatevs, we all have our opinions. xP

In response to what Zera said, I know Skyward Sword's combat is far from actual sword fighting, but it's nice to see enemies who are competent.

IronknuckleBlue-Sprite-AOL.png200px-Darknut_Figurine_2_TWW.png170px-Darknut_2.png

Oh yeah, there weren't any competent enemies in the past...except all those Darknuts. Actually, I don't think SS Link would have any new advantages against TP Darknut; he'd just auto-block most of your attacks like he always does.

Also, sailing is slow and boring and then there is that AMAZING hahaha triforce hunt in the end.

Wind Waker HD will have a new "fast" mode for sailing, and a revamped Triforce hunt. Miyamoto himself said he found the triforce hunt boring, and it was actually a result of the limited development time. I thought it was amazing how Tingle charges a fortune to translate all the Triforce Charts. I wonder what he's doing with all that money right now.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-BVnvAsiz4

By the way, I found an incredible group of five Zelda reviews on youtube. This critic is amazing.

Ocarina of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_581944&feature=iv&src_vid=iO1ckmGe-do&v=o908SWJ8ulc

Majora's Mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_991053&feature=iv&src_vid=o908SWJ8ulc&v=iO1ckmGe-do

The Wind Waker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_500086&feature=iv&src_vid=iO1ckmGe-do&v=ivl1QfzTatw

Twilight Princess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_772000&feature=iv&src_vid=ivl1QfzTatw&v=cXOgL6sYzDY

Skyward Sword

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_114435&feature=iv&src_vid=cXOgL6sYzDY&v=7qAjK7wd5QE

Comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyIGhXNlF34

Edited by Zera

Darknut fights are few and far between.

Well, Scervo and Dreadfuse are also few and far between, and SS doesn't have Darknuts at all. Personally, I don't think the enemies of SS are any more challenging than those of other Zelda games. Want competent enemies? Then try the Iron Knuckles in Zelda 2. I hear those guys are really tough, especially the blue ones.

I thought SS's Moblins were a pain in the ass to beat, especially the ones with metal shields and when you're facing one in a skinny bridge. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

They still take an insane amount of hits to defeat and the ones with the metal shields gradually turn around to face you again. And it's EASY to get knocked off of the skinny bridge if you're fighting one there.

I loved Skyward Sword. I love how you yourself improve at using the sword. In the first dungeon, I was like: "This is pretty cool so far, but I wish the controls were better". By the third dungeon, I was playing so well and forgot that the controls were supposedly bad. They just need some getting used to and that's not really bad. The game was fantastic everywhere else. The story was interesting to me, I liked the overworld, the time puzzles in the Lanayru Province and the gameplay was very fun. I do dislike Fi a bit though, as it makes replaying the game so hard whenever she talks I just want to yell at the screen/slash her so she shuts up. But it's an amazing game and people love to complain about everything. I also love WW and TP, they both have their charm. My favorite is Majora's Mask though <3

EDIT:

[spoiler=dont look if you havent beaten it]

Though I dislike Fi for gameplay reasons. I do like her outside of that and her theme. I felt bad for her at the end.

The Impa reveal was a pretty cool moment too. ;_;

Edited by PKL

I'd say the problem was less in the "competence" of the enemies but on how much they actually harmed you. I liked both WW and TP, but it's a bit jarring that most enemies barely do half a heart worth of damage. In fact, the only time I even died in TP was mostly a funny blooper event involving a cannon in the ice dungeon. SS solved that a bit, but in a weird way now almost every normal monster hits you for the same amount of damage. An actual progression would be nicer to players from what I feel.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

I hate speedruns, I'm usually disappointed enough out of a game when I beat it in a single sitting. (Though recently I've been quite thankful, with the large amount of games on my waiting list.)

Speedruns aren't indicative of a game's worth. Especially if the glitches used to break it in speedruns aren't going to be triggered ever by players that aren't speedrunning (read: 99% of players)

Speedruns aren't indicative of a game's worth. Especially if the glitches used to break it in speedruns aren't going to be triggered ever by players that aren't speedrunning (read: 99% of players)

that doesn't mean I can't joke around about the most speedrunable games of the series :Kappa:

I thought Darknuts in The Wind Waker were easy, it was always "walk up, wait for the A to flash while holding your shield, then armor comes off." Doesn't help that the Darknuts after you get the Light Arrows are trivial because Light Arrows were so awesome

I was surprised at how many people said TP was the easiest Zelda. I died several times in it. Now TWW, on the other hand, I almost never died. I died once against Puppet Ganon and that was it.

I'd say Ocarina is the easiest to me, simply from my experience. Because I have been playing it for 15 years

I've enjoyed most Zelda games over the years, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess the most. I also really loved Wind Waker, Ocarina, a Link to the Past, Zelda 2, The oracle games, Link's Awakening and the rest are ok to me. I have yet to play Skyward Sword however lol.