Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 3 - NOW IT'S REIN TIME (Game over)

Paperblade

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly Psych's claim isn't surprising, his crumb was pretty damn obvious IMO. Still, it seems odd timing to confirm it, I guess he just wants to confirm the role.

4HbrEf9.jpg

looking back psych's crumb is fine (which i didn't figure out, gj me)... but i have a problem with the dissonance between who he was roleplaying (evident that i figured who it was (via) when i told psych to get a better impression) and who he claimed (excellen). possibly a minor flavor point, but i think this needs mentioning

like sure, let him prove his role but I just have a bad feeling based about him now

also following on this:

Still, it seems odd timing to confirm it, I guess he just wants to confirm the role.

let me ask you a question psych: what was the point of outing, when you could have shut up about it and linked people together and they'd know a amnesiac/backup/whatever potentially existed? and when you would claim later, you'd have potential people that could clear you based on that? why out now?

Tbf, I thought Psych was RPing Prims, soooooooooo. Yeah.

actually all the "omg"'s in his opening post immediately tipped me off because i know via well.

someone rp'ing prims would probably say "im gay" a lot sooo

psych are you me i am really vain & curious

The way this is worded bothers me because he doesn't say anything about contributing himself or even waiting until there's more contribution in the day, he's waiting to see if more happened during the night. Not to mention he hasn't contributed much himself up to this point.

Also I think I get what SB's trying to do, he's voting Snike for pressure now and voting for Nags later in the day when there's nothing else to do.

Psych, is there a reason you claimed?

I was waiting to see if anyone had results on anyone else visiting/kinda distracted by rp stuff

in retrospect I probably should've claimed hit first

#yolo

I was shot last night.

I thought it concerning that Psych was so eager to get his role out.

I'm still sifting through D1 and tbh a Kevin flip would be helpful because I think some of the people gunning for him were being opportunistic. Most of the people involved with my 'wagon'/Kevin's vote on me (btw BBM made an error--only one of the votes on me at that point was RVS, which was Scorri's vote; Shin and Kevin both voted me for being 'opportunistic' wrt my SB vote) have all been mostly under the radar: Shin, Kevin (until recently), Snike, and Nags. If Nags really does flip scum, I'm going to look there.

Something else concerning about that btw is that Kevin got a lot of the heat for the vote on me while Shin did not, even though both of their votes were really similar.

I was shot last night.

o

Oh, actually if Nags flips scum I'm inclined to think Kevin might be less likely to be scum and Shin more likely.

Now I'm positive I can say this: We're dealing with two mafias, and it looks like I'm a VERY stupid alliance check.

(dammit Psych you were supposed to take my role after I died why did you take Eli's role)

Oh, right, PSA: Storm's headed my way. It's likely to result in A Whole Lot of Nothing, but there is a microscopic chance I will disappear.

Helios, that says. . .uh, nothing.

That was more of a "posting to say I'm alive" post. I was gonna make a big content post but my ride got here and I had to leave. Such is life sometimes. Your Elieson votes were really weird (who votes someone because of their role in 2013?) and I'm not really sure why half the game praised you for your shot (RIP Excellen) seeing as you also killed a townie and got lucky? with the hidden dying too, but meta says you're probably town and your role helps with that too.

I'm with Helios on this one, j00, scorri and SB all try to sort out the lynch by deadline, I'll have a look at them in a bit. Nag talks a lot about kirsche, and rather than continuing the press his case, he waltzes around with eclipse playing semantics with each other. I'm not going for a vote yet, but the cogs are definitely turning.

I don't think I ever said that those three were scummy for their Elie votes. That whole debacle is a null tell since town and antitown are forced to vote for the sake of avoiding universal loss, so it's tough to tell whether or not those votes are opportunistic. I gave reasons as to why I didn't like scorri D1 that are still existent so far, especially if we assume Psych and Eclipse are town.

Looking back at the Shinori wagon, the two votes that stuck with me as "bad" would be:

Rein's vote (he didn't really explain his Elie vote until wayyyy later, and when he did his reasoning was that Elie was acting like he did a glorious job of getting out of RVS and that looked scummy. Oh and then he said that Elie wasn't helping his case with the way he was acting after Excellen was shot. This is pretty weak reasoning, and Elie flipping town doesn't help your town case Rein. Other than that you really haven't posted any content, and dropped in real quick to vote Nags (whom you never mentioned before except as an afterthought) and shot back out. Scum read.

Kirsche: Most of his posts are RP, and most of them have no content. His first Elie vote was bad and had little to no reasoning behind it. The second one was somewhat excused with the whole "trying to avoid universal loss" thing, but he was really pushing the Elie lynch yesterday despite little evidence, and welp that backfired since Elie is town. I've (as well as others) have given other reasons as to why Kirsche looks scummy, and really the only thing I'm hesitant about when it comes to him is the opportunistic votes on his wagon D1.

Shin still hasn't really given much content either, but he hasn't been horrible necessarily. Not really a fan of his Psych vote, and it would have been nice if he gave more thoughts about D1 when he last posted, but it seems like he's been somewhat busy so I guess I can't really knock him for that (seeing as I'm busy most of the time as well lol).

The fact that people have seen Nags lurking and he hasn't responded with anything doesn't help his case either; makes it look like he's scum giving up already.

Well, if the whole numbers thing from before is true, then two mafias seems to be a little less "good luck town gg". Mind sharing how you came to that conclusion, if not role related(if it's Snike's hit claim, that could be something aside from a second mafia, unless that and something from your inspect gave you that conclusion)

Helios, either I am reading your post VERY wrong, or there is a lot of hindsight goggles in there. What I don't like about hindsight is that town has no way of knowing what will happen pre-flip, so it comes across as if the people in question are mafia.

Also, it occurred to me that there's a SK on the loose, as opposed to two mafias.

What I can say is this: Either there's multiple vig shots in this game (which makes no sense, given the numbers), or there's multiple kills. Two mafias makes the most sense, given my role. SK is possible, but that REALLY makes it hard for the town to win.

Cool, that claim accomplished what exactly?

Also Elie was a gay choice of a copy.

Yep. To be expected from an amn though. They can go both ways. Most bisexual role ever. Hawt.

Also, Manix's point about Psych possibly RPing Via is interesting. Psych said he was "town amnesiac" iirc. Maybe he thought admitting to being Via would make him seem too ITP. That being said, I have no idea about whether Excellen would be a character in this game or not as I only know a couple people here.

Also, BBM was pushing Naglfar and j00 as scummates towards the end of D1 so if Naglfar flips scum, that looks really bad for j00 and I don't care about his claim or framing or WIFOM.

Maybe he thought admitting to being Via would make him seem too ITP.

something something we don't know who the mafia roles are meant to be something something

so basically what makes you say that psych having the via role (should that be the case) makes him ITP? i dun like this

i'm bad with words and that possibly might not have made sense

it made sense in my own head ^_^;

poke me if it's not quite clear what i'm getting at

Because Via <3's ITP roles. Whether or not Paperblade would have actually made the Via character ITP I don't know. If I were him I woulda just made alignments random then made the roles fit the characters. It's just interesting that you thought he was Via and he ended up claiming amn. If he ends up vetting his new role then it's no longer so interesting probably.

eugh itp spec

Usually ITP amns take the alignment of the role they take though, right? If that were the case with Psych, he shouldn't have worried about the name that he claimed--so him possibly roleplaying me and then claiming Excellen seems like a needlessly cautious move even if he is me?

Which brings attention to the fact that he hesitated before claiming his rolename to ask whether or not nameclaims were allowed. He must have not paid attention to Shinori, Wombat, Elie, and j00 ALL claiming names (Shinori even claimed he was Manix when Psych was present arguing with him). I dunno about the ITP spec but Psych was kinda clumsy with his claim and he jumped to conclusions a few times D1 so I'd say that's worth saving for later. If he's ITP though he's not first priority anyway.

Anyway after this lynch I'm probably going to focus on people who jumped on Kevin provided Nags flips scum, although I feel like I'm not paying enough attention to the Shinori lynch either (though it's like Eclipse said, there's not enough flips there for associative reads (wrt Helios))