drawing topic

deleted35362

For a mouse drawing that's looks pretty nice~

Without a tablet, what I did was draw stuff on paper, then scan it/take a picture of it and sorta winged it from there using SAI's lineart thing on top of that since you can pretty much direct it. I found that pretty easy to do with a mouse. Shading was a completely different story though haha

But yes get a tablet your life will be so much easier

Edited by Ciarre

But yes get a tablet your life will be so much easier

i need money for that XD

What is that? I don't mean to be rude (I would do way worse) but what is that?

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/thumb/2/25/Th075reimu01.png/256px-Th075reimu01.png

that character, but i'm winging a lot of it obviously so it'll be even worse

i see where your coming from though. reimu's bow is just baffling to draw ._.

I tried to draw with a tablet once, and it didn't work for me. I stick to drawing on paper.

That's good for a mouse drawing.

With a tablet it takes a lot of getting used to. I'm not fully used to it yet. But I use SAI and its stabilizer tool to make up for it and I love that tool so much~

I knew somebody who could draw really really well with the mouse. It was pretty amazing~ But as for me, I just can't do iiiiiiiit

But of course, this is kinda another thing that just takes a lot of practice.

I think my comment on this is to try not let the bow look too much like it's just defying gravity! It just seems to kinda be standing up on its own there x3 I might actually take that pic of her that you posted and reference her bow some~

Maybe if you want me to sorta point out better, perhaps I could try to draw out what I mean?

sure, if you want to it would help! i really do love reimu, but her bow makes her extremely hard to draw and it's really big in a lot of her pictures...

Hmmmmmm okay I'll try...

Wee colours! I've tried keeping this simple...

3M0uk.png

Here's the way it looks like you're doing it, the blue lines emphasize the movement, and it just looks like it's going against gravity, to me. The green circles are showing the gap between the bottom of her bow and her head.

3M0uO.png

In this, I've given the movement a more weighted look (and if you pay attention to that image of her you linked, the folds/creases in that bow make this kind of movement) and I closed the gap between the bottom of her bow and her head, because gravity!!

I hope this was helpful

• 2 months later...

a31e251fa8c8dcf4bd787f3fce8f9f41.png

hrm...okay this topic is in fact not a one-off...when i started this topic i kinda scribbled in paint.net not knowing what i was going to do next because i kept having trouble getting into the coloring stage, but i think i'm getting the hang of using GIMP 2.0. NO I DID NOT DRAW THE GRAPES

so for now i'm going to try working on little things and posting them(hopefully every day or every other day) before i eventually move on to big nice complete things.

it looked like this when i tried coloring with paint.net: http://gyazo.com/cda98417fa7b0fa427236abf5c8bd042.png

don't laugh at meeee

• 2 weeks later...