QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

Or you could suggest new questions. And to be fair I do half-halfheartedly search through question logs to ensure I don't repeat....too much.

This definitely wasn't a veiled attempt to weed out the killjoys.

Edited by Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some suggestions:

"One thing that you used to hate but you like now?"

or

"One thing that you used to like but you hate now?"

or

"What is your ideal kind city/town/village?"

I won't answer today's question though.

Didn't you have a question asking us to suggest questions I'm pretty sure you haven't done it all yet

I only logged ones that I thought were well...actually worth asking (for one reason or another, not every question was logged I actually have about 20 that I have logged either from that question or from me thinking of questions during a brainstorm/something I borrowed from my other forum's QOTD thread, but I prefer asking questions on impulse so I can save these logged questions for when I can't think of one quickly).

I could probably use that specific question again if I happen to run low.

Some suggestions:

"One thing that you used to hate but you like now?"

or

"One thing that you used to like but you hate now?"

or

"What is your ideal kind city/town/village?"

I won't answer today's question though.

That's fine. The questions are fine too - added to the log.

Edited by Interest

I only logged ones that I thought were well...actually worth asking (for one reason or another, not every question was logged I actually have about 20 that I have logged either from that question or from me thinking of questions during a brainstorm/something I borrowed from my other forum's QOTD thread, but I prefer asking questions on impulse so I can save these logged questions for when I can't think of one quickly).

If you're repeating questions, then it's safe to say something at least one person thinks is a good question is worth asking.

New question. Guess it's time to use a logged one.

What is one change you would make for the Serene's Forest Forums? One little thing I would like to say about this - while the change can be next to anything possible, be mindful of how you present it. Do not invite a flame war. Do not be a jerk. This is much like...well...other controversial questions that have been asked in that respect, so keep it civil (yes I'm repeating this). Also, as a disclaimer - all changes made are hypothetical and most likely to be nothing more than wishful thinking.

Personally I would love to be able to make tables. As far as I know, I don't think it's possible to make tables (at least using the BBCode I know). It's...handy for things. ;)

Edited by Interest

Well, were I in a position of power, I would:

• Introduce an arcade where people can play a range of flash games, and the scores of members are recorded. People compete, and there may even be small rewards for highest scores of the month, etc.
  • Introduce a sort-of "I approve/like this post" kind of thing, with a counter in the profile with the number of approved posts that member has, and how many posts that member has approved
  • More skins
  • Badges (which would tie in with the first point above)

So yeah, just general ideas to help keep this place fresh when the effects of a new FE title begin to wear off, and beyond.

i would make nightmarre a brilliant and magnanimous ruler

(not really i would just nuke forum games forever)

EDIT: actually i might not be so harsh. i might just limit topic creation in fftf to a whitelist basis.

Edited by Integrity

remove the necroposting rule

A liking system, so you can like people's posts if you agree with them or if they're funny :)

no!

what is this facebook or something?

Edited by Aizenberg

I would make Nightmare its brilliant and magnanimous ruler

I would just make it that when someone quotes a post I made in a topic I'm following it would appear as "X quoted a post you made" instead of "X replied to topic"

I'm a simple man.

And we have a fair amount of stupid members. They'll always be there. It doesn't matter where you are.

Edited by Tonton

What is one change you would make for the Serene's Forest Forums?

Take away the borders and dropshadows around avatars. Already made a script to add BBCode to Plaintext mode...

Edited by Makaze

I would make Nightmare its brilliant and magnanimous ruler

I would just make it that when someone quotes a post I made in a topic I'm following it would appear as "X quoted a post you made" instead of "X replied to topic"

I'm a simple man.

And we have a fair amount of stupid members. They'll always be there. It doesn't matter where you are.

It already does that if you are not following the topic.

It already does that if you are not following the topic.

I know, the problem is that sometimes there is a post that I'm following and I don't want to see every new post (because there are too many or some other reason), but if there is one that someone quoted something I said, I might want to see it.

It's just a minor thing, it doesn't really bother me or anything, that's why I never even bothered suggesting this before, I would prefer it to be like I said but I'm actually fine with things just the way they are.