I just realised something...

I think that they tried to make this game easier. Like by adding shove, being able to steal weapons, being able to keep the enemy movement locked, the last unpromoted "good" character comes in mid game (Tormod) and they even promote Ike early compared to the others FE's. I know that these aren't SO helpful but still... did they try?

Tried to make it easier? I don't think so. The Japanese-only maniac mode was so difficult that it received enough complaints for Intelligent Systems to suggest removing it in the localized versions. =/

I think that they tried to make this game easier. Like by adding shove, being able to steal weapons (1), being able to keep the enemy movement locked(2), the last unpromoted "good" character comes in mid game (Tormod) (3) and they even promote Ike early compared to the others FE's (4). I know that these aren't SO helpful but still... did they try?

1. Shove adds more depth into the game, I think. If only enemies were smarter and utilized it too... As for stealing weapons, it only makes sense. Why can't thieves just steal weapons in the first place?

2. More of a convenience.

3. Not every FE has to have an unpromoted character join near endgame.

4. Okay, I agree this makes the game a lot easier. Especially since you can solo with Ike from that point.

Edited by Knife

I agree

and I was just curious if anyone else thought about these things to... Aw well I guess i'm just being paranoid.

I didn't even notice that Ike promoted early. Actually, Path of Radiance was my second FE game after The Sacred Stones, and since Eirika and Ephraim promoted at the end of chapter 16 in the latter, it didn't surprise me at all to find that Ike got promoted at the end of chapter 17 in the former.

I do think that it makes the game harder when lords suffer from Roy-Micaiah Syndrome, but as far as I'm concerned that's a bad thing.

Actually, Tormod in this game is actually awesome due to his decent availability and Celerity skill. Remember, this is FE9, where you can't yank off a skill and give it to someone else.