Awakening character contest (Tournament of Champions seeding!)

shadykid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Inigo fangasming makes me not want to vote Inigo. /o\

Henry's no better off.

You see? Both of them are overhyped characters. I just personally find that Inigo's a much better unit (at least in my current playthrough) and he lacks the "Nya ha" bird puns and the other personality quirks that really rub me the wrong way. I don't understand the fangasming, as you put it, regarding Henry. He's not edgy, he's a hypocrite. He's not funny (barring some solid jokes, I mean his general persona in this case), he just harps on crows and blood in such a way that takes him out of the endearing category and places him smack-dab in annoying. I like dark humor probably moreso than the next girl but Henry doesn't do a thing for me and the hype clearly hasn't helped.

I thought marrying him to MU would make me feel better, but alas, all he does in those supports are play with a severed arm, attempt to sic Risen on innocents, and then do all of MU's chores.

It just makes it worse to know that he'll easily dominate most brackets without question. I don't mean any real offense because I know my favorites aren't perfect either, but I just wanted to say that.

Edited by Foxxie

You see? Both of them are overhyped characters. I just personally find that Inigo's a much better unit (at least in my current playthrough) and he lacks the "Nya ha" bird puns and the other personality quirks that really rub me the wrong way. I don't understand the fangasming, as you put it, regarding Henry. He's not edgy, he's a hypocrite. He's not funny (barring some solid jokes, I mean his general persona in this case), he just harps on crows and blood in such a way that takes him out of the endearing category and places him smack-dab in annoying. I like dark humor probably moreso than the next girl but Henry doesn't do a thing for me and the hype clearly hasn't helped.

I thought marrying him to MU would make me feel better, but alas, all he does in those supports are play with a severed arm, attempt to sic Risen on innocents, and then do all of MU's chores.

It just makes it worse to know that he'll easily dominate most brackets without question. I don't mean any real offense because I know my favorites aren't perfect either, but I just wanted to say that.

And finally, we have a sane opinion among voters

No. Henry is so annoying.

If he likes to laugh about death, then we should kill him and see what he says.

"So this is what the darkness is like... So dark... So beautiful..."

That said, you can guess who I voted. :\

Morgan (F) = unfair advantage of being a super unit

Henry = overly hyped

Over-hyped, maybe, but I actually really like Henry - and not because he slings death and puns around like there's no tomorrow. There's a bit of a more personal, author-in-me-can't-stop-theorizing reason for it, but I've grown to really like him past the initial hilarity of his comic relief character.

And now it's Lucina vs Lissa and Anna vs Cherche.

Lissa doesn't have a damn chance, watch. And I'm thinking Anna will win over Cherche because RNG Goddess/TSON/Apotheosis Queen.

I never understood the hype around Henry either. Henry joins so late into the game as a 1st gen character I've just never had any motivation to use him. His general input into the story and reason for being there just seem really random to me. I mean a lot more so than most of the other characters. Does his supports explain why a random Plegian joins their army or is it all just references to blood?

Why are we bashing characters? Everyone's allowed to have an opinion, so saying "X is overrated and I hate them" is pretty disrespectful to the people who do like them. So is saying that you hate a character out of absolutely nowhere. It's even worse when you hate a character because of their fan base, which I'm seeing a lot of people do. :| At least put it respectfully and say something like "In my opinion, I don't like X because (reasons)." Don't voice your opinion objectively, because it's not a fact. No opinion is fact. (I'm sorry but character bashing is one of my biggest pet peeves and I just find it so disrespectful and I know I'm policing everybody and please don't take offense to this because I don't mean any).

Now that my rant is out of the way, I'm going for Cherche and Lucina. I've only played Awakening so I can't share in the Anna fandom, and I did not like Awakening Anna's personality at all. Cherche's a bit dull to me, but I haven't seen many of her supports so I can't fully judge her yet and she does have some cool aspects to her. I love Lissa, I really do, but I just find Lucina's character to be much more developed.

Why are we bashing characters? Everyone's allowed to have an opinion, so saying "X is overrated and I hate them" is pretty disrespectful to the people who do like them. So is saying that you hate a character out of absolutely nowhere. It's even worse when you hate a character because of their fan base, which I'm seeing a lot of people do. :| At least put it respectfully and say something like "In my opinion, I don't like X because (reasons)." Don't voice your opinion objectively, because it's not a fact. No opinion is fact. (I'm sorry but character bashing is one of my biggest pet peeves and I just find it so disrespectful and I know I'm policing everybody and please don't take offense to this because I don't mean any).

Now that my rant is out of the way, I'm going for Cherche and Lucina. I've only played Awakening so I can't share in the Anna fandom, and I did not like Awakening Anna's personality at all. Cherche's a bit dull to me, but I haven't seen many of her supports so I can't fully judge her yet and she does have some cool aspects to her. I love Lissa, I really do, but I just find Lucina's character to be much more developed.

[/sigh] Truer words have never been spoken. Thank you for that.

From the moment I recruited him, I found him annoying with all of those crow puns. He can pass off as comic relief from time to time, but its just too much for a first introduction

you're jsut a lost CAW-s

Summary of half of the thread: "stop liking what I don't like!"