Favorite/Ugliest/Cutest/Most Annoying Female/Male Child Awards!

Carter

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely forgot about Kjelle. D8 I hate her as much as I hate Morgan-F. Where Morgan-F is obnoxious and ugly, Kjelle is insanely arrogant and stuck-up. She needs an attitude adjustment way more than Severa does.

I don't like Kjelle's mouth... ><

But Owain is the best. Don't think about other thing.

Just, can't control.

Edited by Godot

voted for Kjelle as favorite but really it's a tie between her and Brady.

Voted Inigo as least because I have to grind Olivia so he doesn't collapse like paper in his chapter.

But I really don't have any preferences outside of skill pool (Kjelle and Brady are the exceptions because I can relate to them) so If anything it's Nah and Yarne as least favorite because they rely so much on their father's to have some decent skills and neutral to the other children because they aren't so reliant upon the father.

Favourite: I don't really have a favourite... But I've always favoured Virion!Inigo. It makes so much sense, and the pairing creates a better Virion.

Least Favourite: Severa. Here's another gamefaqs snippet.

'I like Severa because she's SO hot. We'd stay in bed all day, without any clothes on.'

Really? Pretty sure she'd be whining about... About... Something. :Kappa:

Either that, or she'd be the one in bed with you fetching her apples or something. Go figure.

Special mention to: Both Morgans. Poorly designed, with FeMorgan being a little less so but having a spoiled brat persona. MaMorgan just looks weird.

Then someone made this:

p4oZsRD.jpg

...And the whole world cringed.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

I'm somewhat surprised at how many people hate Severa. I knew SOME people hated her, but not this many. Doesn't anyone understand why she's the way she is?

Yes, she is mean at first. I noticed that she basically bullied Cynthia in their support, for example. But Severa herself was also bullied, remember? She was constantly belittled and called inferior when compared with her mother. And more often than not, kids who are bullied and don't get the proper help become bullies themselves because they don't know how else to deal with the behavior. Severa turning into a bully is unfortunate, but no reason to HATE her merely because of how she became that way. And she's not ALWAYS a bully anyway. She warms up to people after a little time. She made friends with Cynthia in the end.

I like Severa because I can somewhat relate with her, and I can relate a lot with her mother as well. She has a cute design too.

Edited by Anacybele

People hate Severa because even if she was belittled and called inferior compared to Cordelia (I don't think she was, actually. She just FEELS inferior to her.), she acts like a complete bitch to nearly everyone she supports with before 'defrosting like a typical ice queen'. Her attitude before her 'defrosting periods' annoys me, despite the fact that I like her character.

Even if she was 'bullied', the way she treated Cynthia, Owain, and her father left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Invader ZM

I'm somewhat surprised at how many people hate Severa. I knew SOME people hated her, but not this many. Doesn't anyone understand why she's the way she is?

Yes, she is mean at first. I noticed that she basically bullied Cynthia in their support, for example. But Severa herself was also bullied, remember? She was constantly belittled and called inferior when compared with her mother. And more often than not, kids who are bullied and don't get the proper help become bullies themselves because they don't know how else to deal with the behavior. Severa turning into a bully is unfortunate, but no reason to HATE her merely because of how she became that way. And she's not ALWAYS a bully anyway. She warms up to people after a little time. She made friends with Cynthia in the end.

I like Severa because I can somewhat relate with her, and I can relate a lot with her mother as well. She has a cute design too.

It's the initial attitude, I think. It's very off-putting and unless you actually take the effort to get to know that person - which most people won't after being exposed to that - you'll never see past that. Like with Maribelle - her attitude is also a bit off-putting unless you actually gain some of her other supports and realize her inner depths. She's not a bad person at all and in the end, neither is Severa.

It's getting to the point where that's realized. Although what makes ME angry is that she's not JUST a tsundere archetype, she's also manipulative on TOP of that, and a manipulative person is already a character trait I can't stand. Coupled with the other one is just a... terrible combination. The way she acts with her father is just... godawful. And please, please don't get me started on Brady and Owain...

Which is why, yes, out of all the children she is most definitely my least favorite.

Are you trying to get at me because I hate both of them? For your information, I dislike Sumia and Tharja primarily for their characters, not because one is pushed as Chrom's pairing in the game and the other has fanservice written all over her.

Edited by Anacybele

In one of the Xenologues, if Severa initiates a battle against Ephraim, they get a conversation that implies that she's older than him (I'm too lazy to find it). I doubt that Ephraim is a pre-teen. :X

EDIT: Here it is:

That doesn't really suggest Severa is older than Ephraim, although it does suggest Severa's acting younger than she is I suppose. So maybe 13-14.

Neither does Sumia or even Tharja, considering how viciously some people attack her.

This. Why should Severa get a pass because she has a 'reason' for acting like a complete bitch but Sumia not get a pass because she's a bit clumsy and a bit of an airhead?

This. Why should Severa get a pass because she has a 'reason' for acting like a complete bitch but Sumia not get a pass because she's a bit clumsy and a bit of an airhead?

Why should I not be allowed to dislike a character for their character? I'm not saying Severa should be allowed to act the way she does, but I understand why she does it, so I don't hate her for it. I'd try to help her so she stops acting like a bully.

As for Sumia, she's a lost cause. Even Frederick can't help her. And her clumsiness, the way it's handled mainly, annoys me. I find her to be rather whiny too. And her stupidity made me facepalm at times. She doesn't even know the difference between a slap and a punch? Just... wtf, is all I can say.

Why should I not be allowed to dislike a character for their character? I'm not saying Severa should be allowed to act the way she does, but I understand why she does it, so I don't hate her for it. I'd try to help her so she stops acting like a bully.

As for Sumia, she's a lost cause. Even Frederick can't help her. And her clumsiness, the way it's handled mainly, annoys me. I find her to be rather whiny too. And her stupidity made me facepalm at times. She doesn't even know the difference between a slap and a punch? Just... wtf, is all I can say.

You're completely allowed to like and dislike whoever you like. I was just saying, since it seemed you were cutting Severa a break while Sumia's irredeemable.

Frederick helped Sumia out just fine. Their supports are probably the best out of Sumia's available options, too, since they were pretty damn heartwarming. Whiny? Eh, it's how you look at things. Stupid? That is something she is not. Her not knowing the difference between a slap and a punch is justified for the following reasons: she probably hasn't slapped or punched anyone before in her life, and it was supposed to be for humor purposes. Your dislike toward Sumia just makes her out to be a complete idiot when she really isn't.

Are you trying to get at me because I hate both of them? For your information, I dislike Sumia and Tharja primarily for their characters, not because one is pushed as Chrom's pairing in the game and the other has fanservice written all over her.

No, not at all. Those are the most controversial two females in the game, and I would have used Cordelia instead but you already mentioned her.

I know it's personal preference as to what personality types you like or not, but we're talking about a clumsy, self-depreciating airhead, a moody, anti-social girl with serious attachment issues and a manipulative ice queen with an inferiority complex. All of them have serious problems. But all of them have good traits as well, which shouldn't be ignored. Sumia is impossibly sweet and tries her damned best to help everyone she can. Tharja CAN warm up to people, and her attachment issues stem from the fact that her family's dead and she's never had any friends. Once Severa defrosts, she's actually very nice.

It's just... "hate" is an extremely strong emotion for a bunch of pixels. I don't "hate" Severa within the slightest, I just don't care for her.

You're completely allowed to like and dislike whoever you like. I was just saying, since it seemed you were cutting Severa a break while Sumia's irredeemable.

Frederick helped Sumia out just fine. Their supports are probably the best out of Sumia's available options, too, since they were pretty damn heartwarming. Whiny? Eh, it's how you look at things. Stupid? That is something she is not. Her not knowing the difference between a slap and a punch is justified for the following reasons: she probably hasn't slapped or punched anyone before in her life, and it was supposed to be for humor purposes. Your dislike toward Sumia just makes her out to be a complete idiot when she really isn't.

I'm not cutting Severa a break at all. I just said that I don't approve of her behavior at all. I said that I understand why she's that way. Sumia, I don't understand how she's THIS clumsy, idiotic, and stupid. I did laugh at that punching scene...until she revealed that she didn't know it was a punch.

And you're just coming up with excuses for Sumia. Severa actually HAS a legitimate reason for her behavior. Sumia? Nope. She just falls over nothing and shit for no apparent reason (not counting that DLC convo with Miriel, as that might've actually been a dream Miriel was having). Also, I've never actually punched or slapped someone in my life, but I know the difference between the two.

Well, Vashiane, I don't care for Sumia or Tharja. Simple as that.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not cutting Severa a break at all. I just said that I don't approve of her behavior at all. I said that I understand why she's that way. Sumia, I don't understand how she's THIS clumsy, idiotic, and stupid. I did laugh at that punching scene...until she revealed that she didn't know it was a punch.

And you're just coming up with excuses for Sumia. Severa actually HAS a legitimate reason for her behavior. Sumia? Nope. She just falls over nothing and shit for no apparent reason.

Well, Vashiane, I don't care for Sumia or Tharja. Simple as that.

Some people have their balance skewered. Maybe she fell and damaged something in her inner ear, which would affect her balance permanently since I doubt it could be fixed, especially in that time period.

And remember this: the second generation's backstories are far, FAR more fleshed out than their first-generation counterparts. Especially in Sumia's case, who has the least amount of supports in the game save the Spotpass characters, Say'ri, Anna, and Tiki.

And you're just coming up with excuses for Sumia. Severa actually HAS a legitimate reason for her behavior. Sumia? Nope. She just falls over nothing and shit for no apparent reason (not counting that DLC convo with Miriel, as that might've actually been a dream Miriel was having).

Well, you stated that Severa doesn't deserve some of the hate she gets, so...

You're free to dislike Sumia, that's A-OK. But I believe YOU'RE the one coming up with excuses for her by making her seem like the highly dislikable character she really isn't. You do realize that Sumia's clumsiness is a character trait, right? Everyone has one. Albeit maybe a rather poor one, but still one nonetheless.

Well, you stated that Severa doesn't deserve some of the hate she gets, so...

You're free to dislike Sumia, that's A-OK. But I believe YOU'RE the one coming up with excuses for her by making her seem like the highly dislikable character she really isn't. You do realize that Sumia's clumsiness is a character trait, right? Everyone has one. Albeit maybe a rather poor one, but still one nonetheless.

Sumia got whacked with the Whomping Gimmick Willow here compared to some of the others. :\