Favorite/Ugliest/Cutest/Most Annoying Female/Male Child Awards!

Carter

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it seems that people either hate Severa or they really like her. xP

That's pretty much the typical reaction to tsunderes. :P

Her behavior isn't excusable, but it's understandable. Intentional or not, the stress that was stacked on her to live up to her mother on top of living through the freaking zombie apocalypse would not leave most people in an cheery state of mind. The other kids have reasons for their quirks too, but like Kat said, people deal with trauma in different ways. The main reason I dislike Kjelle falls into this, as she doesn't have a reason for her conceit, she' just a plain jerk. :| At least Brady tries to improve the first impressions he gives people and tries his best not to be rude.

Despite all of the justification I just gave Severa, my biggest issue with her is, like Kjelle, her character never develops. Her backstory is plenty developed, but through the whole game Severa just keeps being a tsunderes and makes no attempt to be outright nicer to people.

My favorite is Owain, he's absolutely hilarious and really awesome.

Personally, I don't like Gerome. He's so.. boring compared to the others. He's kind of a jerk, too. I know he has his reasons, but he just isn't appealing to me. Iunno.

My favorite is Owain, he's absolutely hilarious and really awesome.

Personally, I don't like Gerome. He's so.. boring compared to the others. He's kind of a jerk, too. I know he has his reasons, but he just isn't appealing to me. Iunno.

Gerome makes me laugh when I hear his grunts and comments because be reminds me of Batman. If I didn't think of him like Batman, he would be a lot less interesting to me.

That's pretty much the typical reaction to tsunderes. :P

Her behavior isn't excusable, but it's understandable. Intentional or not, the stress that was stacked on her to live up to her mother on top of living through the freaking zombie apocalypse would not leave most people in an cheery state of mind. The other kids have reasons for their quirks too, but like Kat said, people deal with trauma in different ways. The main reason I dislike Kjelle falls into this, as she doesn't have a reason for her conceit, she' just a plain jerk. :| At least Brady tries to improve the first impressions he gives people and tries his best not to be rude.

Despite all of the justification I just gave Severa, my biggest issue with her is, like Kjelle, her character never develops. Her backstory is plenty developed, but through the whole game Severa just keeps being a tsunderes and makes no attempt to be outright nicer to people.

This part is likely because it would make the supports out of whack [which is a very common limitation in practically all of fire emblems that feature support convos, but most prevalent here due to the sheer number]. It's kind of like Inigo's continuing to flirt even when S-supported (or Yarne's cowardice despite trying to overcome it in most of his conversations).

This part is likely because it would make the supports out of whack [which is a very common limitation in practically all of fire emblems that feature support convos, but most prevalent here due to the sheer number]. It's kind of like Inigo's continuing to flirt even when S-supported (or Yarne's cowardice despite trying to overcome it in most of his conversations).

I never expected a permanent change in her personality (due to the reasons you stated) but I was hoping that she would at least grow out of it in one of her supports, like how Maribelle grows to realize not to judge people on their social status in some of hers. Severa gets close on her supports with Laurent, and at least she treats Noire well (...well, better than she treats other people), but she never truly tries to stop being a brat. She had no excuse for how she treated Cynthia and her father.

I'll drop in here to say that I didn't like Severa particularly until I read her supports with Noire and played the Future Past 3 DLC. She was still within the favored group of kids but she became much better in my eyes when I saw how she interacts, especially with Lucina in FP3. I wish Severa and Lucina had been able to support as I would've been interested in more of what they'd have to say to each other.

Even if she was 'bullied', the way she treated Cynthia, Owain, and her father left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is why Severa bothers me so much. Her support with Owain pushed me over the edge of "you are irritating but i like your Scramble supports" to "omfg you [removed for highly inappropriate content], please just go away in a hole and never return!"

I never expected a permanent change in her personality (due to the reasons you stated) but I was hoping that she would at least grow out of it in one of her supports, like how Maribelle grows to realize not to judge people on their social status in some of hers. Severa gets close on her supports with Laurent, and at least she treats Noire well (...well, better than she treats other people), but she never truly tries to stop being a brat. She had no excuse for how she treated Cynthia and her father.

...Could've sworn that her supports with Cynthia led to them agreeing to be friends, and gaining respect for each other and that her A support with her father led to her refusing a 'reward' because she just wants to spend time with him. I could not be remembering correctly, of course. *looks up both*

Yeah, her A support with Cynthia is three competitions with the two of them learning that there is more to the other than they'd expected and SEVERA actually suggests that the two try to be friends. It ends with the two of them falling asleep.

Her A support with her father starts with her going through all the different ways she's lesser than her "perfect mother" after trying to do chores just as her father suggested last time. Her father reassures her that she doesn't have to be her mother and to stop talking like that as he feels he failed. This causes Severa to start crying and reassure her father that no, he didn't fail [with a possible implication that she didn't mean to imply that]. The exact line is, in response to her father asking about her reward for doing her chores, "No. I don't need it. I don't need anything but you, Daddy!"

Unless you're talking about the C supports, not the A's? ...well, for the the father support, I am pretty damn certain that there are quite a few people who have manipulated either parent to get what they wanted, no matter how much they like said parent. I've seen my cousins do it and I'm not so high as to think I haven't done it as well, though I cannot think of an example offhand.

As for the Cynthia support, Severa's bad, but Cythina is just as quick with the insults. I don't think the C or B supports are very good for either of them, actually. Both of them appear petty, imo.

This is why Severa bothers me so much. Her support with Owain pushed me over the edge of "you are irritating but i like your Scramble supports" to "omfg you [removed for highly inappropriate content], please just go away in a hole and never return!"

With Owain? ...Strange... *looking it up*

C support - Severa sees Owain naming weapons [which I personally find ridiculous, but okay] and calls him childish (rudely). Owain tries to name her sword, but she says no (rudely again). [Okay, see your point here.]

B - Owain tries to help her name her 'special moves' [again this is ridiculous in my opinion]. Severa notes the ridiculousness, and goes a little overboard in doing so. [i see fair points, but Severa does need a little tact in saying them.]

A - Severa learns that Owain has secluded himself and goes after him. Severa tries to get some sense into him as there is an important meeting [badly]. When that doesn't work, she tells him to just ignore her as she's a big jerk anyway and that his ability to do what he wants is a strength. This snaps him to his senses. [Could've been better, but still...]

S - Owain apologizes about earlier, but Severa states that she should be the one apologizing. She holds out her weapon to show that it does have a name, with Owain laughing at how she gave him grief about the same thing. The name turns out to be his, because he was always nice even when she wasn't and is a person she's always able to trust. She admits to liking him and starts crying because all she does is say mean things. Owain admits his own feelings after this point. [i rather like this S support].

now, I shall admit that while Owain is funny, there are a LOT of times where I just want to strangle him because... yeah... I find things like naming your weapons silly and shouting attacks is also... yeah, good way to get yourself killed. I much prefer the serious Owain that shows up at infrequent intervals. ...Er, point is, my summaries are (likely) biased for that reason.

Laurent is my favorite child. Not only is he my first (and default) avatar's son, but I really like mages and smart people. Also, Laurent uses his smarts to help other people and isn't nearly as bad with interactions as Miriel is. I just find him a more interesting than a lot of the other kids.

Other favorite children characters would be Gerome (although primarily as a unit, his personality is just so-so), Inigo, and male Morgan. Owain's okay, but I don't use him nearly as much anymore because I'm too lazy to train Lissa.

Least favorite is Nah. I lost a lot of respect for her after reading her supports with Laurent, Gerome, and Inigo. In her support with Nowi and her C support with her father, she talks about how she's so much more mature than her mother, who acts like a little kid. And yet, Nah is only "mature" in that she's "serious". She's highly immature in matters of love or interaction, and her only romantic supports I like are with Yarne and male Morgan. Like I said, I lost a ton of respect for Nah after reading her supports with the three aforementioned guys.

Second least favorite is female Morgan. I don't like her sadistic nature, and that's really all there is to it. (I kinda wish I could choose between male or female Morgan regardless of my avatar's gender.)

yeah but if Gregor is her father.... :Kappa:

...Severa gives a different line.

Default: "Age? Hee hee! In this timeline, you're not much older than I am, Daddy!"

Gregor: "Age? Hee hee! In this timeline, you're not THAT much older than I am, Daddy!"

...Severa gives a different line.

Default: "Age? Hee hee! In this timeline, you're not much older than I am, Daddy!"

Gregor: "Age? Hee hee! In this timeline, you're not THAT much older than I am, Daddy!"

whatever, next oldest eligible father after Gregor until she says the first line

point still stands

Next oldest is probably... Frederick? I dunno what she says to him, but beyond that you're getting to the point where it still makes sense for her to say as a 12-13 year old.

My favorite is Lucina because shes strong and a very likable character to me. I also think shes cute.

My least favorite is Severa, but shes the one I love to hate because of how much of a bitch she is to everyone. I use her because she's one of the most powerful kids in the game, but I still don't like her.

Favorite is probably Gerome, because I agree with him on some points. I don't believe that the 1st Gen characters are the "true" parents of the 2nd Gen characters who come back to the past, because I like to think of the past and future characters as separate entities who share the same existence (that made more sense in my head). And because Gerome is not-so-secretly Batman.

Least favorite is definitely Severa, just because I've never like the tsundere trope. :P

I had a hard time picking favourites between Brady and Owain, but I figured Brady could be a little better represented. I'm the biggest sucker for the soft-hearted thug archetype.

My least favourite is Laurent. He's more practical than Miriel and his heart's often in the right place, but I dislike how nosy he can be. I was actually glad when Noire chewed him out and told him to back off...

Next oldest is probably... Frederick? I dunno what she says to him, but beyond that you're getting to the point where it still makes sense for her to say as a 12-13 year old.

Severa use the "you're not THAT much older than I am" in her supports with Frederick and Virion (and Gregor), and she uses "you're not much older than I am" with the other characters

Favorite is probably Gerome, because I agree with him on some points. I don't believe that the 1st Gen characters are the "true" parents of the 2nd Gen characters who come back to the past, because I like to think of the past and future characters as separate entities who share the same existence (that made more sense in my head). And because Gerome is not-so-secretly Batman.

Least favorite is definitely Severa, just because I've never like the tsundere trope. :P

I sincerely hope the irony of this post is not lost.

(Not as good as the "Chrom can burn, he's no Sigurd", but still, that's pretty ironic)

I sincerely hope the irony of this post is not lost.

(Not as good as the "Chrom can burn, he's no Sigurd", but still, that's pretty ironic)

ahaha that was especially hilarious coming from a dude with a username "Fala"

Severa use the "you're not THAT much older than I am" in her supports with Frederick and Virion (and Gregor), and she uses "you're not much older than I am" with the other characters

oldest male Avatar might be the oldest one left....?