What are characters that you never use and why?

PuffPuff

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olivia

Because her personality annoys me and she just wants me to kick her butt, throw up, kick her butt, and throw up again.

Die!!!

olivia201.jpg
I HATE YOU!

God. Seriously. If your shy, WHY DO YOU WEAR SEE THROUGH CLOTHING? You slut. .____.

So much hate for a trope. I am laughing... ^^;

I can't really think of any specific characters (besides Lena's brother Matthis and all the Archaneans - I don't like them). I generally prefer not to use Knights and Axe-locked classes.

Hmmm.

In FE6...

It was, Dorothy, because awrful face.

And, FE7, hmm... Serra. She was making me mad.

FE8, Moulder. Useless in his two classes, not really strong, and old.

FE9, Rolf. Young boy, just don't piece me off. Ross is better than you, for sure.

FE10 not finished yet.

FE11, Marth himself. He's so girly, his graphical portrait is just the worst ever, and other things that I'll not say.

FE12, Wrys. Moulder n°2.

FE13, well, I can't really say this because very a lot of characters have a potential over nine thousand, so until I'll not trained everyone, I'll not say anything.

Edited by Godot

Frey- because I sacrificed him

Matthis- stupid kid and not worth my time training

Yubello- I know he's got potential if you train him...but ain't nobody got time for that.

Ninian and Nils (unless they were required)- too fragile and can't use a weapon

Every knight or of knight class except Sheema- they're so slow

Ross- same as Yubello

Nah- always used Tiki; that and she's such an annoying brat kind of like my cousin

and all the characters I've killed early in-game or never recruited.

Edited by noob7

FE Akaneia : Depends of the game, but Machis and Villuck have always been horrible and I never used either, even in drafts (Mishelan's only use \o/).

FE4 : Most substitutes I guess. I also never recruited Johan since I like Warriors better and I don't like him.

FE5 : Olwen never makes it past chapter 15 because of Eyrios. I've also never bothered with B route characters.

FE6 : Wendy. I did train Sophia once because I was curious about her Druid color scheme and I generally enjoy using Lilina along with Lugh for her raw power, but I never had the patience to deal with Wendy.

FE7 : I'm not fond of Rebecca and Florina. I also rarely use Serra.

FE8 : I use pretty much everyone here except the Trial Map characters.

FE Tellius : Mia's annoying at best, though she does make a good point in her Largo support.

FE 13 : Again, I use everyone, but I'm not fond of Sumia since I dislike her personality.

(related) TRS : Lina's just awful. 3 base Strength, 10% growth and she appears in chapter 26.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

FE4- Arden Midir (after that one time I swore I wont use him ever again) Azel (same as Midir)

FE6- Anyone but Miledy and Marcus. They all suck.

FE7- Priscilla, Nino, Legs, Harken, Karel, Karla, Bartre, Renault, Dart, Guy

FE8- Knoll

FE9- Ena Nasir the Royals Bastian Geoffrey

FE10- Kurtnaga Oliver Vika Brom

FE11- Tomas Macellan Dolph Lorenz Ymir Linde Bantu Tiki

FE12- Tomas Dolph Vyland Roshea Sedgar Bord Robert Astram Sheema Samson Ymir

FE13- Vaike Lissa Nowai Nah Owain Brady Inigo Basilio Flavia Virion Donnel Gregor

Also, whoever said Edward is bad in FE10, my reaction:

Whaaaat?

And FE10 Rolf is actually decent considering. Leonardo is really truly legit bad though.

olivia201.jpg

I HATE YOU!

God. Seriously. If your shy, WHY DO YOU WEAR SEE THROUGH CLOTHING? You slut. .____.

*Walks in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MIJeSlK.gif

*Walks out*

Mods, warn me if you wish.

Perceval and Rutger say hi

Percival sucks, he doesn't fly. Rutger yes I forgot that guy. And Niime is a cool old lady magic. The rest still suck/I hate them.

PKL, a few days ago I actually figured out a four-turn clear of C17 that required Tomas lol (assuming full recruitment). Probably not going forth with it in my playthrough since it required my Spd-cursed Luke to take all my remaining Speedwings (earmarked for Marth and possibly Sirius).

Edited by Redwall

Well maybe I should at least contribute to the discussion at hand...

I try to use all the characters I have equally... however some fall behind the ranks:

Callum/Kellam would be one. Until he had that Movement+1 skill, I REALLY didn't like the general class falling behind (and I keep people in their original classes).

Even though I dislike Tharja (simply because the whole "mother of the year" thing) I do use her while killing streetpass teams and legacy spotpass teams.

Everyone in Awakening has at least a decent amount of battles when I scroll through the character endings.

As for other games, I really don't use Gonzales in FE6. I just... don't. Poor guy.

I don't use Jeigans much because I play on the lower 2 difficulties. Actually, I don't use pre-promotes because of that. I like to end up with 1 of each promoted class in the end. In my first playthrough of Awakening, I didn't use Olivia because Normal is so easy that I didn't want to make my turns more complicated. In RD, I only used Micaiah and Sothe from the Dawn Brigade in part 4. I have everything to Ilyana and screwed over the DB in part 3. In SD, I used whoever looked the best since they could be every class and I hate the art in that game so much I had to force myself to finish it.

FE1: lol most of the cast :v

FE2: Atlas. Just Atlas.

FE3: Read FE1 for both books

FE4: Hannibal, hes bad but not lulzy like Arden

FE5: I would say Miranda but I'll have to use her if I want to continue this PMU im doing :v

FE6: WENDY. Also the other scrub armor knights and Sophia because they are practically unusable

FE7: i have actually used everyone in this lol

FE8: Syrene, so friggin late and weak

FE9: Lucia and Bastian. Why do they even exist lol

FE10: Lyre just because she can't do anything unless super duper trained, but who can't at that point?

FE11: Read FE1/3

FE12: Read FE1/3/11

FE13: I have used everyone but in an efficient playthrough, Brady and Inigo for not being worth it after doing extremely difficult paralogues

Edited by The Batter

FE6- I pretty much just used Roy and forgot about just about everyone else in the game.

FE7-Nino (couldn't be bothered), Renault (same reason), Dorcas(dat name alone), Lousie (archer pre promoted)

FE8- Moulder, Artur,and Innes. All just unappealing characters with meh stats anyways.

FE9- Makalov (can't take se

PKL, a few days ago I actually figured out a four-turn clear of C17 that required Tomas lol (assuming full recruitment). Probably not going forth with it in my playthrough since it required my Spd-cursed Luke to take all my remaining Speedwings (earmarked for Marth and possibly Sirius).

Ah, I see. Yeah, it does require stats. I wish I had a better Avatar in that playthrough I did so long ago.

There are actually lot that I can't think of right now, but I guess then my answers would fall under the category of 'almost never used, but still have been used a little bit'. The only people I really haven't touched AT ALL for Sacred Stones would be Ross and Neimi. In Awakening, that would be Donnel and Olivia well I used her to get Inigo, does that count?. I also don't use a lot of the children characters. Everyone else I've used for something at least once.

In terms of characters I haven't used for non-gameplay reasons?

Severa. She annoys me. Tharja also bothers me, but she has few good moments and (being me) I have to use her so I can recruit Noire.

Florina. Even if she wasn't a piece of shit, I still dislike her character.

Also... Laguz, more often than not. The only Laguz I've used long term are Ulki, Vika, and the royals. I just feel like they don't 'grow' as well as beorc units, and I'm all about development.

Sanaki is also kind of annoying, but really isn't that bad. I just think Tormod is better and easier to use. And gets staves.

I'd bench Sothe and Micaiah in a heartbeat if I could. Sothe is just inferior to Volke (one of my favorite characters, I almost always use him), and Micaiah is a slow piece of paper who is really annoying.

When it comes to gameplay, I usually avoid pre-promotes outside awakening, and that's about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Meg and FE9 Sothe. Because why the hell did they think units this useless would be good for the game?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Fiona: Because she's hardly there in Part 1, and useless afterwards.

Once for the lulz I tried using Fiona in endgame. She sucked so badly in a difficulty where Aran was reliably doubling.

I also hate using DLC characters because no supports.

Once for the lulz I tried using Fiona in endgame. She sucked so badly in a difficulty where Aran was reliably doubling.

I also hate using DLC characters because no supports.

Aran being really good and Oscar being all in all (availability, stats, ease of use, he even has the same affinity)better don't exactly help her either.

I never use Knights or Generals that aren't named Horace because in every FE game I've played, the mounted/flying units get all the bias from me and Generals' low range can't keep up with the rest of my team. :v

1. Actually all he wants to do is protect Roy, not emulate him. Three of his supports are about him wanting to become stronger, one is about riding horseback and the last is with Roy himself and it's about Roy telling Wolt not to worry so much about him.

2. And no mention of any dark mages? They have see through clothing too.

1. He doesn't have to go and say it to annoy the hell out of you. Just do it.

2. Yes.

But they aren't shy and not caring to woo the men either, like a certain someone that I know.

1. Leonardo and Edwardare actually very good units to use, they just need time and patience. 2. I fail to see how wearing see-through clothes makes Olivia a slut.

1. No they aren't. Leo fails to often get Spd and Str and Edward takes too much time and effort to be good almost getting no Res.

2. She's pretending to be shy only because she don't want men to abuse/beat her if they find out that she's a slut.

*Walks in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MIJeSlK.gif

*Walks out*

Mods, warn me if you wish.

Not going to change what I think about her characteristics when I can see through her false disguise. She's being someone that she is not and that she wants to get laid and we know it. She's only pretending to be shy to cover up that ruse, so that they don't beat her if they find out her true colors.

So much hate for a trope. I am laughing... ^^;

No other Dancer.

Because they DON'T care to deceive and use men like Olivia does.

1. Also, whoever said Edward is bad in FE10, my reaction:

Whaaaat?

And FE10 Rolf is actually decent considering. 2. Leonardo is really truly legit bad though.

1. Abysmal Res.
He always dies in Sephiran's/Ashera's battles. They're real bitches when your Res is too low which that's what Edward has problems accelling in.
2. As I said before is why.

1. I'd bench Sothe and Micaiah in a heartbeat if I could. Sothe is just inferior to Volke (one of my favorite characters, I almost always use him), and 2. Micaiah is a slow piece of paper who is really annoying.

When it comes to gameplay, I usually avoid pre-promotes outside awakening, and that's about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Meg and FE9 Sothe. Because why the hell did they think units this useless would be good for the game?

1. It sucks that he is forced on the endgame maps. Because he never can get Lethality and that his defenses are much worse than Volke's. Plus Volke has much cooler characteristics and has better base stats than Sothe's trained stats.

2. She's slow, because she's busy growing her bewbs to use for her defense. =P

Good god.

Hardly no Str and Skill is bad. Very bad.

Edited by 綾波

Well, the post above was pretty incoherent, never mind!

I forgot to add Horace to my list. I've never actually recruited him in FE11, he died every time. No loss though, who wants to use that smelly Thwompface anyway?

1. Well, the post above was pretty incoherent, never mind!

2. I forgot to add Horace to my list. I've never actually recruited him in FE11, he died every time. No loss though, who wants to use that smelly Thwompface anyway?

1. Don't believe me if you want. Whatever.

2. Even though he gets better base stats/stats in general for most, if not all your characters at that point in the game upon his joining time.

Edited by 綾波

You do know that Edward can solve his res issue I'd you train him with BEXP (which is how you solve any characters issue)?

He's not my favorite Trueblade and other characters (like Nolan) are harder to replace and probably better to train, but it's a thing you can do.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed