Anyone encounter people trying to scam you lately?

Flying Shogi

Having trouble with scammers? Try new Scamblock for free*! Gone will be the days of people trying to sell you useless junk!

*after 30 days the full £200 will be charged.

But yeah, I've had a few over the phone. I actually quite like teasing them, pretending I have an impossible computer or try to start selling something to them.

the lady at the hairdresser's charged me $6 to have my hair shampooed since she couldn't be assed cutting it with all the product in my hair

Lately I just get phone calls from automated messages telling me my credit card from a bank I'm not with is now overdrawn by some large amount and I need to call their number. Which would probably involve giving them said number if I was ever so stupid to try.

I do feel sorry for people gullible enough to fall for these, though, because it just opens them up to undue suffering.

A friend of mine got one of these calls once, and he made them feel really guilty by fake-crying across the phone. It was quite funny, and he fake-crys surprisingly well.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

I'm pretty sure I don't even go a day where I'm ignoring "unknown number" calls, but lately the scammers have been getting clever, using the local area code. Especially with my cell phone, I get calls pretending to be from my phone provider asking me for info for a contest I've "won"... except I don't use that particular provider. I also get tons of scams from phishing sites pretending to be from Blizzard, regarding my WoW account security. Yeah, sure, someone has used my expired WoW account that isn't even upgraded to the new expansion. Suuuure.

I also get a lot of scams through my tumblr inbox. They're all pretty transparent in their phoniness, too. I just toss em out.

"Help, I'm in insert-faraway-place-here, and I need money, signed, hacked e-mail account"

Those aren't fun to deal with, and I've seen those in my inbox.

"Help, I'm in insert-faraway-place-here, and I need money, signed, hacked e-mail account"

Those aren't fun to deal with, and I've seen those in my inbox.

So you mean something like this?

[spoiler=Well it's similar, but you get the idea ;P]

Edited by Interest

So you mean something like this?

[spoiler=Well it's similar, but you get the idea ;P]

That's..... nice man.....

Ahem...... Sometimes we get scams through phone calls, and sometimes i get some from my email, but not so bad.

For the phone ones, my parents are usually around, but when they're not, I tell usually them to fuck off, and never call this number again, or something of the sort. Or i just dont answer it.

Edited by MasterKeeper