A lot of people be thinkin' I'm a bad player...

1% critted

You're as free as a Wendy's napkin to me. Huehuehue.

If he gets nerfed, I hope it's his tornado's priority, it's pretty absurd and can make some characters have a terrible time (DK Bowser Peach Dedede to name a few) and his shuttle loop, both grounded and aerial. The grounded one is too safe and can the "afterlag" has too many mixups, he can: attack immiediately, glide above you and cancel it turn around and grab you, can glide and angle it up to mess up your spacing when trying to hit him, etc. At least Marth's upb has massive cooldown, it should probably be more like that. Aerial Shuttle Loop is self explanatory, though that one's a lot more manageable. And I hope they nerf his recovery a bit, he's basically ungimpable in brawl.

You're as free as a Wendy's napkin to me. Huehuehue.

If he gets nerfed, I hope it's his tornado's priority, it's pretty absurd and can make some characters have a terrible time (DK Bowser Peach Dedede to name a few) and his shuttle loop, both grounded and aerial. The grounded one is too safe and can the "afterlag" has too many mixups, he can: attack immiediately, glide above you and cancel it turn around and grab you, can glide and angle it up to mess up your spacing when trying to hit him, etc. At least Marth's upb has massive cooldown, it should probably be more like that. Aerial Shuttle Loop is self explanatory, though that one's a lot more manageable. And I hope they nerf his recovery a bit, he's basically ungimpable in brawl.

I main snake but using MK is hilarious. He has so many safe options and just like the song, Nado into the air without even trying to hit anything.

Good thing my friend that mains MK doesn't know how to counter Snake (even after like 100 1v1s he using MK and me as Snake in a row).

Edited by 1% critted

I main snake but using MK is hilarious. He has so many safe options and just like the song, Nado into the air without even trying to hit anything.

:P the song is pretty old, it's still relevant and hilarious though.

He's good in P:M, but I think he's still too new right now to tell long term.

On paper, he's exactly what I want from a SSBU MK. Shorter nado and Shuttle Loop, no priority on every sword attack and no dimensional cape infinite.

a lot of people be, thinkin i'm a bad player
this is not to get confused, i main Dr.Doom now

(chorus)
Dr.Doom is everything, he's all you ever wanted
you could win a set now, even if you've never won it
TAC he always wins, Pushblock they ain't never gonna
you want him forever any counter pick he's better on it

Foot Dive is down, press it while I'm jumpin' up
then hit the button like i don't give a fuck
i know you wait for it, but your out of luck
i can do the same thing every single time

i say Dr.Doom da bess, Dr.Doom da bess
Dr.Doom da bess, Dr.Doom da bess
now Magneto is mad, Morrigan is sex
Phantom Dance is bad, Iron Man is bad
(/chorus)

(chorus 2)
now Akuma is mad, Wolverine is mad, Footdive he be mad, everybody's mad

(chorus 3)
now Shuma mains are mad, Beyonzo is mad, Wakbot he be mad, everybody's mad

(chorus 4)
Spiral Sword is mad, Ryu mains they be mad, but da blender ain't mad, but everyone is mad

know you got no options, Dr.Doom isn't really fair, try to air dasg
to the ground Foot Dive will be over there
(YEAH)
it be over there, Foot Dive will be over there
i ain't tryna hit i'm just YOLO at the open air

and youon even have to ask twice,
minute on the clockwork and i'll be chipping on ya last life
it's obvious without him as a player id be trash right
but MAHVEL decided that they've voted for the last time

chars tied, no Bar, hopin' i'll approach i won't
up a up a up a TAC, baby DD gonna take it home
teammates bout to die i'm DOOM, i can save us both
all my shit is frame safe you can't penetrate my Dive

cause i'm so patient and i wait for you
Marlin might have started it but you can emulate it too
my TAC is so stupid
my shitty Rocks isn't even useless

(chorus)

live until anchor i can do that tank shit
i'ma Missile a three more times even if I get first hit
used to lose while mainin Wright but i'm a main switcher
if you want a good doubles partner teach 'em to your sister

rob good players of their winnings, money ain't an issue
extended my Collution there's nothin i can't Missile through
claimin' that i cheated so you start to call officials
but he ain't see me doin' it so he can't blow no whistle

yeah i know i did your team wrong
Doom vs Vergil yeah we seen dawg
counter pick Hawkeye, Morrigan i lean on
bannin' Chris G? i don't care i still got Zero dawg
yea

Missile in this exact spot
still breakin combos and i'm not smarter than a sasquatch
goin' toe to toe i got you thinkin' that the match hot
DI'd down at 50 and i gimped you on your last char i'm sayin'..

(chorus)

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

a lot of people be, thinkin i'm a bad player

this is not to get confused, i main Dr.Doom now

(chorus)

Dr.Doom is everything, he's all you ever wanted

you could win a set now, even if you've never won it

TAC he always wins, Pushblock they ain't never gonna

you want him forever any counter pick he's better on it

Foot Dive is down, press it while I'm jumpin' up

then hit the button like i don't give a fuck

i know you wait for it, but your out of luck

i can do the same thing every single time

i say Dr.Doom da bess, Dr.Doom da bess

Dr.Doom da bess, Dr.Doom da bess

now Magneto is mad, Morrigan is sex

Phantom Dance is bad, Iron Man is bad

(/chorus)

(chorus 2)

now Akuma is mad, Wolverine is mad, Footdive he be mad, everybody's mad

(chorus 3)

now Shuma mains are mad, Beyonzo is mad, Wakbot he be mad, everybody's mad

(chorus 4)

Spiral Sword is mad, Ryu mains they be mad, but da blender ain't mad, but everyone is mad

know you got no options, Dr.Doom isn't really fair, try to air dasg

to the ground Foot Dive will be over there

(YEAH)

it be over there, Foot Dive will be over there

i ain't tryna hit i'm just YOLO at the open air

and youon even have to ask twice,

minute on the clockwork and i'll be chipping on ya last life

it's obvious without him as a player id be trash right

but MAHVEL decided that they've voted for the last time

chars tied, no Bar, hopin' i'll approach i won't

up a up a up a TAC, baby DD gonna take it home

teammates bout to die i'm DOOM, i can save us both

all my shit is frame safe you can't penetrate my Dive

cause i'm so patient and i wait for you

Marlin might have started it but you can emulate it too

my TAC is so stupid

my shitty Rocks isn't even useless

(chorus)

live until anchor i can do that tank shit

i'ma Missile a three more times even if I get first hit

used to lose while mainin Wright but i'm a main switcher

if you want a good doubles partner teach 'em to your sister

rob good players of their winnings, money ain't an issue

extended my Collution there's nothin i can't Missile through

claimin' that i cheated so you start to call officials

but he ain't see me doin' it so he can't blow no whistle

yeah i know i did your team wrong

Doom vs Vergil yeah we seen dawg

counter pick Hawkeye, Morrigan i lean on

bannin' Chris G? i don't care i still got Zero dawg

yea

Missile in this exact spot

still breakin combos and i'm not smarter than a sasquatch

goin' toe to toe i got you thinkin' that the match hot

DI'd down at 50 and i gimped you on your last char i'm sayin'..

(chorus)

OMFG LMAOOOOOO

MK is perfectly fine in my opinion in many of his aspects. Really only do a few things need to be changed I think. For one, giving a character with multiple jump and a sword is probably a stupid idea. To fix that I think his Uair/Dair needed to have extended lag. Especially that Uair of his. A 13 frame IASA? What where they thinking? Not even jabs have a 13 frame IASA. They all have 16-17 typically. Other than that I think he would be fine for aerials.

His UpB for the air should either be slower or adjusted hitboxes. I don't know what they were thinking on that either. Damage for knockback scales as a quadratic. Its a 9% hitbox with a 30 degree launch angle and 90 BKB which is why it kills so often. The biggest changes I think is increase the angle to 45 or 60 or give it the 361 angle or lower the damage. At the very least lower the 90 BKB to something most moves have like 0 lol

I would agree his UpB should revert to something like Marths without the glide at the top and lag like any other UpB in the game. Here is how you fix his Tornado. The only reason its bad is once you get hit you cannot escape due to no SDI for some reason and MK very high mobility in following you with the tornado. I would make a few changes by: making the move SDI'able, lower the duration of the move, and reduce his mobility. PIkachu's Dsmash is annoying, but perfectly fine once you know SDI.

With these couple of changes to his specials his recovery sort of suffers a little bit. The next change would be to lower the angle at which he can drill rush which they did in P:M. It would make it great for horizontal recovery, but he can no longer use it to recover from the bottom corners of the stage >_> His normal neutrals are actually quiet fine to be honest. I suppose his Dsmash lag could be increased by a few frames while the IASA on his Dtilt should be increased and the trip rate removed entirely.

Marth's Dtilt is only better on shield because it has a 0.7 freeze frame multiplier. Hitlag frames is floor(damage of move/3 + 3). So people in shield feel the full 6 frames of lag while Marth is only going through 4 frames. I think will brawl physics all of these changes would make him quite suitable for the game and much more manageable.

He's good in P:M, but I think he's still too new right now to tell long term.

On paper, he's exactly what I want from a SSBU MK. Shorter nado and Shuttle Loop, no priority on every sword attack and no dimensional cape infinite.

I think MK should keep his priority on every sword attack like Marth does. He just needed some changes to make the sword swings more punishable such as either lowering the size of his attacks or increasing the lag a bit.

Edit: Now I feel like PSA'ing these ideas into brawl and see what other people think. Although, I have no idea why tornado is not SDI'able or how to change a few things. It might be fun to use MK then lol

Edited by Vorena

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, yes, I don't doubt it. I find it annoying, though, when people that are casual or don't know much about the game complain about MK. At High/Top level of play, I can see just how good he can be, and it's amazing.

I never really understood the movement a few years back to want to try banning MK. He is not terrible, but its pretty clear that the way brawl is set-up there is really no equal to MK. In melee, you easily have several character which are extremely close: peach, fox, jiggs, marth, falco, sheik.

Anyway, I do not get the reason to second DDD and use bowser most though lol

^ It's like me maining Toon Link and seconding Marth even though Marth is clearly the better character. I just feel more comfortable with Toon's playstyle. I can adapt to situations better with him than with Marth, etc. That's not to say my Marth isn't competitive, I do use him a lot in tournament too. Like against Olimar :D and awkward Toon matchups like Falco and I trust him almost as much as my Toon. I think everyone has a character like this. I can use pretty much the entire cast, some click better than others with me and other dont (looking at you Lucas and Sonic)

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they could just paste the Kirby's Return to Dreamland MK to Smash, wholesale

(for the uninitiated, you had to charge up his Tornado before using it) (<3)

I'm not sure what minutiae I think absolutely needs to be changed (it has been awhile), but one thing I just think is kinda silly is that MK has a fantastic dash grab.

He's the best close-range spacing character in the game and like how many characters are faster than him? 4? The dude barely needs a dash grab at all

Give him Melee Ness' dash grab, just rip the sprite and everything

Edited by Rehab