Pairing MU with Children

Slinky

And characters like Ricken and Nowi and such don't have a kid's mentality? I agree that the support conversations are rather stupid, what with the sudden attitude change, but there are many characters who make it seem just as weird as some of the kids (although I do agree that it is generally worse with a 3rd-gen Morgan).

You're putting words in my mouth, because I don't recall saying anything about Ricken and Nowi not having kid's mentalities. I never said that everyone in the first generation was mature. Actually, my original post implied far from that. But the children characters are screwed up. They can't "act their age" and they are still "dependent on their parents" when they're there, because they all lost their parents in the bad future and grew up in an apocalyptic world.

Let's look at Lissa. She's not what I'd call at all mature. And yet, she's going around calling Owain "sweetie" and accepts him as her son without any awkwardness whatsoever and treats him like a son, despite the fact that Owain looks OLDER than her. The majority of the children also seem much more attached to their parents than realistically would be had their parents lived. This is what I mean by "it seems awkward to me". You have parents like Lissa, Ricken, and Nowi who are hardly mature, but as far as I can see the game doesn't give me reason to believe they are screwed up like the children are. Now, take screwed-up children and make them parents of their own, ACTING like a parent to their kid who's apparently the same age as them or close to it.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people who want to marry children characters. It's your game, do what you want. I personally find it awkward, so I wouldn't do it except for supports.

Fair enough. I can see how that's awkward, and the awkwardness can certainly make things weird, so I can see how one might want to avoid that.

And yes, I was indeed putting words in your mouth, so I apologize for that.

I am perfect fine agreeing to disagree, but I like to try to understand other people's points of view.

Um. *doesn't know what's going on*

I like pairing my MU with Cynthia (Frederick!Cynthia was the most fun.) to make an overpowered Female!Morgan.

The fact that I find Cynthia really cute helps a lot.

Fair enough. I can see how that's awkward, and the awkwardness can certainly make things weird, so I can see how one might want to avoid that.

And yes, I was indeed putting words in your mouth, so I apologize for that.

I am perfect fine agreeing to disagree, but I like to try to understand other people's points of view.

I understand that you're trying to see other people's points of view, and I respect that because too many people don't. Like I said, one half of the reason I don't like pairing MU with the children characters is my OCD that says, "other 1st gen characters can't support with the children, why should MU?" and the other part is because they're all seriously messed up and I can't see them being parents right now.

Wouldn't marrying a 2nd gen character cause a time paradox, to an extent?

Not in a multiverse. I think that this might require a flowchart.

Flowchart for branching timelines. (Legend of Zelda spoilers)

It's harder to find one for parallel/multiple timelines, but I think I can explain.

Basically, there are many universes, and when you travel through time, you also cross between universes, so when you change the past, you're not changing "your" past.

Looking back, I notice that this topic started as a topic about gameplay. Oops.

I agree with Sangyul on this one. It's dumb how they immediately become amazing parents, yet some are hardly even eighteen. Let's look at Ricken. I'd peg him at eleven. How does an eleven year old, someone who has not even hit puberty yet, all of a sudden become father of the year? I may seem completely ignorant of supports, but I don't do pairings I find really strange. Like Ricken/Donnel and Olivia. How does someone in their age group get someone like Olivia? Or Cherche? I can really only see them with Lissa or Nowi. I do Donnel/Sully because all of Sully's supports annoy and I just learned to deal with it. Back on topic, marrying MU to children is I think mainly for optimization and uber stats Morgan. I think most people agree that two amazing children is better than just one because classes > stats. Morgan will kickass no matter what, and it's not worth it to wait and marry a second gen when you can get an almost equal Morgan as well as another amazing child. I do not mean to offend any Ricken/Donnel x Olivia fanboys/girls when when this post.