Hard Trip

Mell

Ok. I know that a hard/classic log isnt interesting but im Enjoiyng the run so far. Donnel is so strong and he makes a cute couple with Sully. Im kinda stuck on chapter 9 thou :(

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Raven's earlier post, unrestrained DLC will murder the difficulty, whether it's Hard or Lunatic (trust me, I've tried it).

Not that that can't also be fun, but it's certainly something to be wary of.

Same goes for all characters, not just Donnel.

However I'd say that Donnel won't be viable in Lunatic(+) without DLC.

Ok. I know that a hard/classic log isnt interesting but im Enjoiyng the run so far. Donnel is so strong and he makes a cute couple with Sully. Im kinda stuck on chapter 9 thou :(

How are you stuck?

Edited by Euklyd

To get Donnel on lunatic(+) all you have to do is abuse the archer in the corner. As soon as he gets underdog, I reclass him to fighter. I go villager 15 > Fighter 10 > Warrior 15 > Merc 10 > Hero.

To get, or to use?

I said "viable", not "possible to recruit".

EDIT: Anyways we're derailing, so I'll try to stop.

Edited by Euklyd

How are you stuck?

Nvm just got it 1h ago ! I was making some bad decisons. And I didnt knew that we could see the enemy movements tiles! Now is getting easier to predict their actions!

Do you want to just beat lunatic mode, or have a decent challenge? I can give you some strategies to beat the whole game on an hour or two on your first try.

I beat Lunatic mode in a couple hours on my first try with a very specific strategy.

Edited by Chiki

+Def Avatar (the Avatar should have high defense). -Skl or -Luk would be best.

Prologue: Pair Frederick up with your Avatar (Avatar as the front attacker) and take out the enemies slowly. Make sure to take Chrom's Vulnerary for healing when necessary. Have Chrom and Lissa sit in a corner or something unless you need healing. Keep moving slowly till you can reach the boss, then heal up, and kill the boss.

Chapter 1: Pair Frederick up with your Avatar, and go wait in a fort. Move everyone else into a corner.

Chapter 2: Same thing here.

Chapter 3: Pair Chrom up with your Avatar instead. You're invincible.

Chapter 8: Make sure to get the Second Seal here from the village to reclass into a Dark Mage. Also make sure to get the Master Seal. You're invincible.

Chapter 13: You can buy Nosferatu now. You're invincible at this point. Go and finish the game.

Edited by Chiki

if you use the water trick on prologue (i can't tell if chiki is advocating this?) you'll overlevel avatar by a lot and generally have an easier time of it

I was going to, but the water trick is hard and complicated to pull off because you need to get out of the water and go into enemy range to lure enemies sometimes, and so on. It's possible but I wouldn't suggest someone do it unless they know what they're doing. I didn't need it on my first try and I still managed to pull it off.

Edited by Chiki

the most dangerous enemies are actually the myrms since they double a [anything but +SPD] avatar, use frederick to take those out

chrom + MU should be able to take out one axe guy

The water trick is only really amazing for Lunatic+, because of the need to have Avatar as powerful as possible for Chapter 2. For vanilla Lunatic it's a little overkill, because you don't have to deal with Luna+ skills.

Mell, if you need a dummy-proof strategy for Prologue, click the link in my sig. It's for Lunatic+, but works for vanilla as well.