Are you referring to its low activation rate? Lethality will be pretty low on everyone but those with Rightful King. If you like it, marry Chrom and Olivia so Inigo and Lucina can each use it with 20%+ activation rates. Gaius!Noire is pretty good by most standards.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Hard classic mode pairing (Grinding on DLC weaklings and reeking boxes lol) possibly to beat apotheosis but I haven't tried it yet

Fem!Avatar+Chrom= Lucina and Morgan

Sully+Donny =KJelle

Cordelia+Stahl=Severa (btw I still like her hair kinda cute :3 )

SUMIA+Henry =Cynthia

NOWI+Gaius= Nah ( le cute)

Olivia+libra=Inigo (sorcerer nhehehe)

MIRIEL+LON QU = LAURENT (vantageeee)

Lissa+ricken= Owain (SACRED STOOOOONES)

THARJA+GREGOR= noire (Blood and THUUUUNNDEEERR)

MARIBELLE+virion= Brady ( yes I did use him he cute)

CHERCHE+vaike=gerome ( le Batman)

And finally! Fred with panne = yarne :3 whelp there you go I'm ready for the that's a bad pair attack XD

Are you referring to its low activation rate? Lethality will be pretty low on everyone but those with Rightful King. If you like it, marry Chrom and Olivia so Inigo and Lucina can each use it with 20%+ activation rates. Gaius!Noire is pretty good by most standards.

Sadly yes....but Nah!gaius used lethality with great activation rate

Avatar!Lucina actually isn't as good as she sounds. While she is very good, so are the rest of Avatar's children, but most of them have a lot more to gain than Lucina does. Lucina comes with Dual Strike+, and has other mothers who can give her Galeforce and the like.

Actually, Noire is better at using Galeforce than Nah because her Spd is higher and so she's more likely to kill stuff. But if you want Galeforce on Nah, I'd advise against Gaius (you seem like someone who would care about the supports themselves, and Gaius x Nowi is really, really bad). Donnel is decent. Out of all the children, Nah probably has the most to gain from having Avatar as a father, so you may want to consider that (unfortunately Morgan will be slow, but you'll get an extra Manakete which is very nice for Hard).

If you intend to use Reeking Boxes on Hard to grind, you'll need to get some Leif's Blades (buy them from Leif) or some units with Despoil in order to not lose all your money. I'd advise grinding on the Spotpass teams instead because they don't cost a thing to summon (you'll still lose gold on them unless you have 100% Armsthrift due to weapon uses, so you still want Leif's Blade, but it's nowhere near as bad).

:3 you know ill give noire a second shot and I don't really care about the supports ...well as much.. Haha but you've convinced me! Ill try gaius !noire

Ah...geez lost all my gold .... Gonna have to grind elsewhere haha yes I do spotpass grind especially eirika and ceada

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Mostly using this to have my thoughts in writing so I can keep them straight, but input is fine.

+Magic-Skill ¤ Aversa

'Liv ¤ Chrom (Hate sumia/gale force etc etc)

Cherche ¤ Fred (PavGis+Renewal since hes a badass but cant get GF)

Tharja ¤ (Donnel Or Stahl) Pavgis vs GF

Sully ¤ Gaius (Gives kj GF)

Cordy ¤ Gregor (Blanking exactly why I picked this, Melee VV?/assault on foretress of love I guess?..probably the support)

Miriel ¤ Lonqu (VV)

Panne ¤

Lissa ¤

Sumia ¤ Henry (Default, Other dads taken)

Maribelle ¤ (Ricken for borked mage? idk)

Nowi ¤ Nah

Okay, nvm I need suggestions

Edited by Tribute

Sadly yes....but Nah!gaius used lethality with great activation rate

Gaius!Nah has a Skl mod of +2, the same as Gaius!Noire. It'll still vary slightly based on what class they're in, but not by more than 3%.

Ah...geez lost all my gold .... Gonna have to grind elsewhere haha yes I do spotpass grind especially eirika and ceada

Leif's Blades. Use them. Worst comes to worst, you can sell the stuff from the Barracks/event tiles for cash and use that to buy more weapons.

Is golden gaffe an option?

On hard I remember being able to reeking box ch 12 and make money(use trash weps and bullions + usually another item) or at least not lose it.

Have some people go barb for despoil and you can rake in more

Here are my current planned pairings for my Lunatic run. I have access to DLC and will be doing Apotheosis. I want the best children possible, and found that these pairings seem to look pretty good. I'm debating a few things though.

1.) You may have noticed that Gregor isn't in these pairings. He was with Miriel, but I switched him out for Lon'qu because since I have access to DLC, Armsthrift wouldn't be all that needed. The problem? I was planning on using Aversa's Night on Laurent - and it doesn't matter how much cash you have from DLC - those things are rare. So that I'm debating.

2.) I used to be going for third gen Morgan - a few people suggested I should just go for second gen while having a much better Nah in the process and go for MaMU/Nowi. So I'm really on the fence here - should I switch back to third gen? And if so, what changes to my pairings should be made?

Pairings:

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Lon'qu/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Henry/Maribelle

Ricken/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Fredrick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

MaMU/Nowi

EDIT- Sceptical about MaMU/Nowi because my Avatar has a +Magic -Strength Asset/Flaw

Edited by ShadowSlayer

Just so you know, even with DLC it's a huge pain to get more of specific Legendary weapons, which are fun to play with when grinding and sometimes handy later (specifically the Double Bow). I'd advise putting Gregor on Gerome, without Galeforce he's going to be pure support and you'd be trading PavGis (won't do anything), Luna (won't do anything) and DG+ for AT, Berserker (very useful), and Vantage/Sol (makes training easier, but won't do anything later).

I support Avatar X Nowi. Morgan will be slow (still decent with a Spd asset), but Nah has a lot to gain and they work out aesthetically (I like Morgan appearing roughly the same age as her sibling).

Can someone tell me if these are good pairings?

Chrom X Sumia Good

Lissa X Vaike Bad mod synergy and Barbarian overlap

Sully X Stahl Lots of class overlap, bad

Robin X Thraja Depends on your asset/flaw, I don't like Tharja in general

Mirel X Kellam Nothing good, nothing bad

Cordelia X Frederick No, you'll wreck Severa's Spd, they're good for maingame though

Donnel X Nowi Good

Lon'qu X Olivia Myrmidon overlap, Lon'qu doesn't give Inigo anything he wants except Spd

Ricken X Maribelle Good

Virion X Cherche Wyvern overlap, Gerome gets nothing good out of this

Gregor X Panne Barbarian overlap, otherwise good

Mostly using this to have my thoughts in writing so I can keep them straight, but input is fine.

+Magic-Skill ¤ Aversa

Cordy ¤ Gregor (Blanking exactly why I picked this, Melee VV?/assault on foretress of love I guess?..probably the support)

Miriel ¤ Lonqu (VV)

Panne ¤

Lissa ¤

Nowi ¤

Wait, Axefaire? Who's her father?

Probably yes because Severa makes a good Hero.

The father is me (Avatar). Since Severa has every class I wonder if I should build her with both Swordfaire and Axefaire assuming she ends as hero.

+Magic-Skill ¤ Aversa

Miriel ¤ Lonqu (VV)

Panne ¤

Lissa ¤ Virion ( VirionxPanne or Nowi seems awful)

Nowi ¤

I've done these forever ago and I'll do 'em again.

Chrom/Sumia

Lon'qu/Nowi

Kellam/Cherche

Stahl/Olivia

Fredrick/Lissa

Panne/Donnel

Maribelle/Henry

Virion/Tharja

Gregor/Sully

Vaike/Cordelia

You can rate them if you want, won't hurt me.

The father is me (Avatar). Since Severa has every class I wonder if I should build her with both Swordfaire and Axefaire assuming she ends as hero.

If she's going to be a Hero, Axefaire is definitely your best bet. Despoil is nice for training, but I only use it when there's 0 chance of needing any of the other skills, and Heros can use Axefaire quite well.

Chrom/Sumia

Lon'qu/Nowi

Kellam/Cherche

Stahl/Olivia

Fredrick/Lissa

Panne/Donnel

Maribelle/Henry

Virion/Tharja

Gregor/Sully

Vaike/Cordelia

I'd say the best way to describe those is anti mainstream without being terrible. Fred x Lissa is the only eyebrow raiser, both of Owain's offensive mods will be silly, he'll be slow, and he won't have a standout defensive niche other than PavGis and decent Skl.

Chrom/Sumia

Lon'qu/Nowi

Kellam/Cherche

Stahl/Olivia

Fredrick/Lissa

Panne/Donnel

Maribelle/Henry

Virion/Tharja

Gregor/Sully

Vaike/Cordelia

Props for giving Miriel some love.

The rest is quite unorthodox, though. Except for mandatory ChromxSumia (a more unorthodox choice would've been ChromxSully).

And seriously, the kids are more powerful than the parents no matter what you do. Though FrederickxSully would've been ridiculous (Kjelle gains no new classes, woot).

Hey guys. I have two unpaired ladies left, Nowi and Olivia, and they will be going with either Kellam or Henry.

I am relatively new to the game and playing on normal and pretty much just paired everyone else off based on, well, who ended up fighting next to who. So I have a feeling that neither of these remaining characters might produce a prodigy for a child (unless I'm wrong), but it would help with my indecisive frustration if someone could tell me which of these pairings would be the better choice.

Hey guys. I have two unpaired ladies left, Nowi and Olivia, and they will be going with either Kellam or Henry.

I am relatively new to the game and playing on normal and pretty much just paired everyone else off based on, well, who ended up fighting next to who. So I have a feeling that neither of these remaining characters might produce a prodigy for a child (unless I'm wrong), but it would help with my indecisive frustration if someone could tell me which of these pairings would be the better choice.

Well if you're on Normal mode, you can really get away with any sort of pairing imaginable and have it still function, however, for efficiency's sake, the best options are Nowi/Kellam (gives Nah an insane amount of Defense and Luna, allowing her to tank damage and shred through enemy defenses as well) and Henry/Olivia (gives Inigo the Vantage/Vengeance combo).

+Magic-Skill ¤ Aversa

Miriel ¤ Lonqu (VV)

Panne ¤

Lissa ¤

Nowi ¤ Kellam

Edited by Tribute

Both are very good parents for magical Inigo. Kellam gives the more powerful Sage with luna/dg+ access from great knight. Henry gives better mods and the sorcerer class, which perfectly complements the skills Inigo gets from Olivia (armsthrift, galeforce, vantage).

Kellam!Nah is one of the better tanks in the game if you feel inclined to use her as one. Henry!Nah gives her more offensive options (she can make a half decent sage or sorc, still has poor speed though).

:'D I feel like I'm the only one who has these pairings

FeMu+Chrom=Morgan,Lucina

Olivia+Libra=Inigo

Sumia+Henry=Cynthia

Lissa+vaike=Owain

Maribelle+Virion=Brady

Cordelia+Lon Qu=Severa

Sully+Donny=Kjelle

Panne+stahl=yarne

Miriel+ricken=Laurent

Cherche+Frederick=GEROME

Tharja+Gregor=noire

And NOWI+gaius = nah

Any switching needed >.<

yeah CAL, Gerome will suffer from terrible speed if you pair Cherche with Frederick. You could go GregorxCherche and then TharjaxRicken. Plus, Brady could gain a better boost from Libra due to Dark mage (tomebreaker) access, plus the bonus mag and res

+Magic-Skill ¤ Aversa

Miriel ¤ Lonqu (VV)

Panne ¤

Lissa ¤

Nowi ¤ Kellam

Tharja with Donnel

Panne with Stahl

Lissa with Libra

Maribelle with Virion