• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked and looked and compared different growth rates and skills with everyone that could be a father to Owain. And I found who I want Lissa to marry.

It's Vaike. Unusual, I know.

But if Vaike becomes a Hero, he can pass down Sol. That, combined with Galeforce from Lissa, would make Owain hard to kill. Combine that with a 65% Skill growth, will make Owain a force to be reckoned with. Plus, this should lead to some interesting support conversations.

I was viewing him as his initial class (Myrmidon), rather than what i could turn him into. So yeah, I guess you can reclass him into a better unit with a better father.

But with so many options, it's difficult looking at every single option available to you. I have to reduce the possibilities somehow.

If he needs a quick and simple ingame dad, use Libra. He can mutually build support with Lissa without hogging through Staves, and gives Owain some good mixed/magical options.

For postgame, Owain's mods will always stink so you're looking for classes and skills. Ricken gives him Luna and good Mag, and is the most straightforward option and best in a vacuum. Stahl gives a mixed Owain instead of magical, trading good Mag and Dark Knight for useable Str. He has strong sets as a Paladin, Berserker, Sniper, Dread Fighter, and the good old Sage as well. Libra and Henry let Owain use Vengeance instead of Luna and usually leave him set up to be a Sage (though Berserker is still an option, especially for Henry).

Hello all, I'm back with some more questions.

I have run into sort of a conundrum with child pairings (and I'm pretty sure it's going to bleed back into parent pairings). The biggest issue lies with the core three pairs: Severa, Lucina, and Kjelle.

Right now I have Sumia! Lucina, Gaius! Kjelle, and Lon'qu! Severa. I had married Lucina, but I thought about what someone here said and realized that I should probably marry Cynthia with my magic avatar to let Lucina be a sniper with a more powerful physical husband and dual strike plus.

Anyway, my males consist of Fred! Inigo, Henry! Gerome, and Stahl! Yarne. Laurent is for Morgan and Owain and Brady are magical and not of much consequence here.

My issue is that Inigo doesn't have any plus hit skills. I know that the royal sniper will want a berserker with plus hit

for sure, and I doubt Severa has room to run hex to help him out.

Should I pair him with Kjelle and call it a day? Or get Stahl over to him and move Virion to Yarne and just forget about Brady?

Here are my current pairs just in case they help.

Rick x Lissa

Fred x Olivia

Gaius x Sully

Virion x Maribelle

Henry x Cherche

Stahl x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Vaike x Nowi

Donny x Tharja

Magic defense avatar x Lucina

Hello all, I'm back with some more questions.

I have run into sort of a conundrum with child pairings (and I'm pretty sure it's going to bleed back into parent pairings). The biggest issue lies with the core three pairs: Severa, Lucina, and Kjelle.

Right now I have Sumia! Lucina, Gaius! Kjelle, and Lon'qu! Severa. I had married Lucina, but I thought about what someone here said and realized that I should probably marry Cynthia with my magic avatar to let Lucina be a sniper with a more powerful physical husband and dual strike plus.

Anyway, my males consist of Fred! Inigo, Henry! Gerome, and Stahl! Yarne. Laurent is for Morgan and Owain and Brady are magical and not of much consequence here.

My issue is that Inigo doesn't have any plus hit skills. I know that the royal sniper will want a berserker with plus hit

for sure, and I doubt Severa has room to run hex to help him out.

Should I pair him with Kjelle and call it a day? Or get Stahl over to him and move Virion to Yarne and just forget about Brady?

Here are my current pairs just in case they help.

Rick x Lissa

Fred x Olivia

Gaius x Sully

Virion x Maribelle

Henry x Cherche

Stahl x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Vaike x Nowi

Donny x Tharja

Magic defense avatar x Lucina

Inigo doesn't want to be a berserker anyway unless for some reason you're using him exclusively as a hard support. I'd pair your Henry!Gerome @ Berserker with Sumia!Lucina @ Sniper, your Stahl!Yarne @ Berserker with Gaius!Kjelle @ Wyvern Lord (Henry!Gerome has less skill, so it'll slightly min/max your overall DS rates if the berserker with less skill goes with the DS+ girl. She'll still hit 100% DS rate with rallies and everything) and Frederick!Inigo @ Warrior with Lon'qu!Severa @ Hero. Honestly I'm not a fan of Lon'qu!Severa at all. A physical non-sniper unit like Severa has absolutely no business at all trying to go for 75 speed for most challenge runs, and Vengeance is just a pain in the ass to use. But on no holds barred? That pair will serve you perfectly fine.

Yeah, I kind of figured warrior was the answer there.

Also, what do you mean by no holds barred? And whom do you prefer over Lon'qu for Severa?

I love it when I get a new phone keyboard and have to program in all my fire emblem names again.

Yeah, I kind of figured warrior was the answer there.

Also, what do you mean by no holds barred? And whom do you prefer over Lon'qu for Severa?

I love it when I get a new phone keyboard and have to program in all my fire emblem names again.

I generally prefer Vaike over Lon'qu because Vaike gets her Luna. And no holds barred means everything is allowed: rallies, DLC, Brave weapons, etc.

When I made my argument for that way back when, I had no intention of dethroning Avatar x Lucina as the superior pair- I just wanted to justify using Cynthia because I like her more. Though she might still be better...

The toughest target in the game for a Sniper x Berserker pair to beat is Thronie. He's got 99 HP, 67 Def, Aegis+ and a ton of Avo (though I won't take that into consideration here).

Lucina's Atk (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+): 41(base) +0(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +10(pairup) +2(tonic) +20(Double Bow) =93

Avatar's Atk (LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20): 50(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +10(Agg) +5(AF) +2(All+2) +2(tonic) +18(B.Axe) =111

Thronie takes 6+22+22+6+22+22 =100, which is a guaranteed kill even if Aether/Luna always fail. You could even swap them for other stuff like Bowfaire (to not need the Longbow) or something.

So basically the distinction between their powers won't even matter when everything's on the table. You can go either and it'll be fine.

Inigo doesn't want to be a berserker anyway unless for some reason you're using him exclusively as a hard support.

It's good on him when he's leading certain non-GF Nahs and Noires, since they provide the +Hit skills for him. Though he'll usually want a Vengeance dad because Berserkers have bad Skl for Luna.

No czar, it wasn't you. And I'm a plus magic avatar anyway, so it looks like that won't work as well after all if indeed Lucina is the sniper of choice.

I would like to be clear on Severa, you're saying that Severa is actually better for a challenge run of no limit breaker with Lon'qu for a father?

When I made my argument for that way back when, I had no intention of dethroning Avatar x Lucina as the superior pair- I just wanted to justify using Cynthia because I like her more. Though she might still be better...

I'm pretty sure I'M the one who made that argument, and I still stand by it, unless the berserker has significantly higher skill mods than your magic avatar.

I don't keep very good track of who does what when, but I don't recall much Avatar x Cynthia prior to my 100% DS team last year so I assumed I did it (unless you mean who explained it recently to Bunsel, which definitely wasn't me).

I'm pretty sure I'M the one who made that argument, and I still stand by it, unless the berserker has significantly higher skill mods than your magic avatar.

I believe it was you.

And the skill mods would be higher, because +magic -defense avatar doesn't have any skill mods.

So I guess I was doing things wrong when figuring out parents. But with so many marrage and reclassing possibilities, how am I supposed to figure out, on my own, the best options for these kids?

You want to work out what the kids need to fulfill their best roles and then find out which parents best give them that.

"Best" comes down to an opinion. I don't think you can say without a doubt that a physical Inigo is better than a magical one. "Strictly better than Storm Crow" doesn't really apply to FE:A units.

I'm considering Avatar!Yarne (and, by extension, Panne!Morgan)

A massive strength modifier (+8 Strength? Yes, please), along with Sol and a good chance of a massive Skill rating. What's more, they can go to Mercenary and grab Armsthrift, great for saving that Beaststone+

All I need to do is decide what Panne is going to give her children for her skill, and decide if my Avatar actually wants to marry something that turns into a massive rabbit and can slice right through him. Better not forget that anniversary.

I'm considering Avatar!Yarne (and, by extension, Panne!Morgan)

A massive strength modifier (+8 Strength? Yes, please), along with Sol and a good chance of a massive Skill rating. What's more, they can go to Mercenary and grab Armsthrift, great for saving that Beaststone+

All I need to do is decide what Panne is going to give her children for her skill, and decide if my Avatar actually wants to marry something that turns into a massive rabbit and can slice right through him. Better not forget that anniversary.

Yarne is one of the children who is the LEAST in need of the avatar, right behind Brady, Cynthia and arguably Severa, and Morgan is much better served with Yarne as their FATHER rather than brother, where the mods are even more batshit insane.

Taguel is the single worst promoted level caps class in the entire game, bar none, on any difficulty, in-game or postgame, on any map, on any challenge run of any map, without exception. It's meleelocked, has the worst strength-might total of any promoted-level-caps class in the entire game, it provides no useful skills for other classes (and beastbane is easily surpassed by beastkillers), and even more so than swordmaster, all of its good points (high speed and excellent speed-skill-strength pairup bonuses) are shared and/or surpassed by assassin. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use Taguel anywhere ever, and should be left immediately once remotely possible, Panne and Yarne will become infinitely better for it.

Panne gives excellent mods, sure, but she can't actually fight in apotheosis since she lacks galeforce and so does a male avatar. Yarne!Morgan, however, as I said, is an excellent pairing option because female avatar can get galeforce and thus it becomes a very good pairing for apotheosis, and Morgan's stats become absolutely amazing. +Spd!Virion!Yarne!Morgan is probably your best bet due to the insane speed you'll get and Virion!Yarne's practicality as a hit+20 berserker, but admittedly outside of no DLC challenge runs, where Virion!Yarne!Morgan as an assassin with Defender and a hero support can hit 75 speed even without DLC, I haven't really come up with that great of a use for +10 speed on a physical unit.

...Except that he can pull off sniper with a general support and still hit 75 speed when DLC and rallies are allowed, which is friggin' amazing. I suppose I might give that a try sometime.

Edited by Alastor15243

I probably had an easier time breeding a 6IV pokemon than getting the hang of all this.

I took one look at IV training, slipped into catatonic shock, and vowed never to look at it again. I'm quite certain this isn't anywhere near as difficult.